Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

On 17/08/2023 at 03:03, blueandproud said:

Bitter John Aldridge whingeing again after Caicedo and Lavia opte to join us rather than his beloved team.  

said it somewhere else and I'll say it again he's an absolute toad. read somewhere a scouser labelled him a class act! really? so twice seeing him be a petulant c###  when they lost to Wimbledon in the cup final and when they lost the title decider at Anfield against Arsenal is being classy? 

• Like 1

Covered on the BBC for those who can’t see behind the paywall.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66612570.amp

Its absolutely disgraceful. Clearly they knew he’d messed up/cheated, hence taking him off duty, but nobody even came out and called out the mistake and apologised to the club. Not that an apology would have made it better, but they acknowledge mistakes for every other club.

Corruption and nothing less.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Covered on the BBC for those who can’t see behind the paywall.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66612570.amp

Its absolutely disgraceful. Clearly they knew he’d messed up/cheated, hence taking him off duty, but nobody even came out and called out the mistake and apologised to the club. Not that an apology would have made it better, but they acknowledge mistakes for every other club.

Corruption and nothing less.

Quality reporting from the BBC there:

"Just before a late Harry Kane equaliser Chelsea felt they should have had a penalty after Cristian Romero pulled Marc Cucurella's hair."

Err, no, it happened in our box. Chelsea felt that when opposition players commit violent acts missed by the ref VAR should alert the ref and tell him to look at the monitor. The corruption in this incident was so extreme that the VAR put his mate's feelings above the integrity of the game and deliberately cheated us out of two points.

This is the second documented incident in recent seasons where officials put their feelings, or their feelings for their mate, above doing their job honestly and fairly. And it can't be a coincidence that we were the victims of this travesty on both occasions, when refs engineered the outcome of a home fixture against Spuds.

Edited by Backbiter
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Quality reporting from the BBC there:

"Just before a late Harry Kane equaliser Chelsea felt they should have had a penalty after Cristian Romero pulled Marc Cucurella's hair."

Err, no, it happened in our box. Chelsea felt that when opposition players commit violent acts missed by the ref VAR should alert the ref and tell him to look at the monitor. The corruption in this incident was so extreme that the VAR put his mate's feelings above the integrity of the game and deliberately cheated us out of two points.

This is the second documented incident in recent seasons where officials put their feelings, or their feelings for their mate, above doing their job honestly and fairly. And it can't be a coincidence that we were the victims of this travesty on both occasions, when refs engineered the outcome of a home fixture against Spuds.

If I refused to do my job properly so as to make my mates life easier, I’d be looking for a new job. How and why was this any different? It’s honestly appalling, but I bet nobody does anything about it or even kicks up a fuss… the club should be all over this, they won’t be though. 

• Agree 3

I still don't understand how sending him to the monitor would have affected Taylor negatively as the hair pull was so clear. I don't get his rationale.

I also don't understand why Taylor himself did nothing when Cucurella ran up to him straight after the goal and explained how his hair has been pulled. 

Both a bent as each other. 

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

I still don't understand how sending him to the monitor would have affected Taylor negatively as the hair pull was so clear. I don't get his rationale.

I also don't understand why Taylor himself did nothing when Cucurella ran up to him straight after the goal and explained how his hair has been pulled. 

Both a bent as each other. 

That would only work if the game was at White Hart Lane, at the Bridge he would be nowhere near the Spurs fans if he cancels the goal.

Question do you think Mr Dean of merseyside keeps quiet if this match/incident involved a club from Merseyside?? Not a chance in hell...corruption/misuse of the technology...we have long suspected it...heres the first proof

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

So basically what we all suspected is now confirmed signed, stamped and delivered.

We are getting gipped by the refs. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ham said:

Or was that Anthony Taylor?

Taylor was the ref when Alexis Sanchez punched the ball over our defence where Aaron Ramsey was in an offside position standing immediately in front of the keeper before scoring . 

Nobody saw anything amiss in a handball that wouldn't have been out of place in a volleyball court , because Chelsea.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Taylor was the ref when Alexis Sanchez punched the ball over our defence where Aaron Ramsey was in an offside position standing immediately in front of the keeper before scoring . 

Nobody saw anything amiss in a handball that wouldn't have been out of place in a volleyball court , because Chelsea.

Taylor was also the ref who sent off Kovacic for a second yellow for a non-foul. That was a second FA cup final he should never have been given.

Dean was the ref who made Lamps take a penalty three times at West Ham because of encroachment, which is only penalised when the encroaching player impacts the outcome (as when the encroaching Soucek was the player who cleared the ball after the keeper saved Enzo's pen - except the VAR failed to alert the ref it to it on Sunday.  I sense something of a pattern here).

Edited by Backbiter
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Just wow. They are not fit for purpose. If the PL really wants to be the best league in the world the time for using refs from other countries are now. At every WC the English refs are poor. That’s because they are nowhere near good enough to keep up with the quality of the Premier League. 

I will remain firmly in the camp that think we are getting royally screwed on a weekly basis. 

I've been very vocal , and been lambasted for it , in  believing that the PGMOL , Premier League and Sky are working together to gerrymander results to  ensure we have a product that they can sell , this means we must have a race and not a procession for the title , we must have a strong United and Liverpool and we must have a battle between good and evil . We are the Evil.

• Like 1

Made my feelings quite clear but it's not just the "big" incidents,

The first goal last weekend... clear foul on Conor...the "stamp/catch foot" classic that was supposed to have had focus on during a previous "Soul searching" announcement.

Not obvious but clear to anyone who watches/played etc.

Easily ignored and regardless of Chelsea faults defending the corner it was a crucial factor in the game and the result.

(Pre var a hard one for a ref/lino to see depending on angles clear view etc and fast.)

VAR was supposed to aid the ref and views of incidents,,offside seems to get either endless review or dismissed immediately so now we fans..of all colours,,, take any decision as luck of the draw,,as we did pre var,,a great advance,

There is the corruption and the huge grey area that is a fertile area of opportunity open to manipulation . The steady drip drip of little incidents ignored or focused on depending on ....what?

For those who may swallow the Dean crocodile tears regarding dreading the game day work obligation....check how much he would have received for that weekend and even later when he was "rested"........the sooner the idea of an organisation dependant upon the game not the other way around is put aside and the group disbanded the better,,,better brains than me surely can construct a better system of officiating?..or perhaps just clean out the stables.

I am all for the Chelsea "siege" mentallity but it is not just Chelsea FC that suffers..

That statement by the PGMOL is utter farce. It’s a blanket denial in the face of 100% proof. Whoever sanctioned that statement is in a totally untenable position.

I quote verbatim:

”We strongly refute any suggestion that VARs do not intervene, for whatever reason, when they have identified a clear and obvious error.”

Well sorry PGMOL, Mike Dean says otherwise and has 100% admitted otherwise. How on Earth can you retain any tiny morsel of respect, when you just deny it happened? Do you think we are not going to notice?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

That statement by the PGMOL is utter farce. It’s a blanket denial in the face of 100% proof. Whoever sanctioned that statement is in a totally untenable position.

I quote verbatim:

”We strongly refute any suggestion that VARs do not intervene, for whatever reason, when they have identified a clear and obvious error.”

Well sorry PGMOL, Mike Dean says otherwise and has 100% admitted otherwise. How on Earth can you retain any tiny morsel of respect, when you just deny it happened? Do you think we are not going to notice?

KINGS NEW CLOTHES SYNDROME...+ 🙈🙉🙊

27 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I quote verbatim:

So they are therefore claiming a man they employed as a referee for many years, to be a liar… which if this is the case, surely means we must question his approach more widely when doing the job?

The refs are a joke, but the organisation who employs them is even worse!

Come on Chelsea, get a statement out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So they are therefore claiming a man they employed as a referee for many years, to be a liar… which if this is the case, surely means we must question his approach more widely when doing the job?

The refs are a joke, but the organisation who employs them is even worse!

Come on Chelsea, get a statement out.

Hmm..Og memory..Me.."Mum she (sister) hit me"...Mum."No she didn't"..Me "But here's the mark"..Mum.."no it isn't"..Me "She did hit me"...Mum.."I say she didn't so go to bed".

Oh and non political..even Putin couldn't keep such a straight face today!

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

I quote verbatim:

Weasel words from a bent organisation. 

• Agree 1