Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

4 hours ago, chara said:

Hmm..Og memory..Me.."Mum she (sister) hit me"...Mum."No she didn't"..Me "But here's the mark"..Mum.."no it isn't"..Me "She did hit me"...Mum.."I say she didn't so go to bed".

Sorry...something jogged my memory, after I said "She hit me" my sister said "I did..he deserved it",,and Mum said.........

Getting carried away with the heady excitement of a victory and three unarguable goals. but,,Great Denial Moments in History...David "I killed Goliath"...original unedited Book of Samuel "Oh no he didn't".... 

Refs aren't happy with Dean's shameful confession, according to Darren Lewis in the Mirror. Mind you, his description of the incident is all wrong, and repeats the BBC misconception that the hair pull should have been punished with a penalty to us, even though it happened in our box when we were defending a corner.Screenshot_20230825-233943.thumb.png.01d0b194da1a2861a0f30cbc0e68c13a.png

The BBC version, a missed penalty offence, repeated by seemingly main stream media illustrates just how ignorant and lazy the media is.

I am still waiting for the "serious" journos to produce the whitewash and justification of the outrage and Official Denial...along with the Flat Earth confirmation.

If it wasn't so sad and a condemnation (and confirmation) of the inept and corrupt officiating it would be a comic sketch.

"I did it".."Oh no you didn't",,"Oh yes I did".."Oh no etc"

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ham said:

He's actually making it WORSE!  Meanwhile it's still a penalty appeal we're supposed to be talking about. 

You know who actually paid the price ? Thomas Tuchel who got a fine and telling off and Chelsea who lost a game they should have won . Nothing Dean says makes any of this any better , the man is a tool and I believe the reason he didn't say anything was because it was Chelsea . Chelsea , the bad guys, ruining football for the rest of them .

• Agree 1

So he thinks everyone is annoyed because he used the word mate? Bloody hell, he and they are absolutely deluded aren’t they. 

He admits again he should have sent him to the screen, he admits he got it wrong, but because they’re not best mates, it’s ok.

Still waiting for an apology from the PGMOL.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So he thinks everyone is annoyed because he used the word mate? Bloody hell, he and they are absolutely deluded aren’t they. 

He admits again he should have sent him to the screen, he admits he got it wrong, but because they’re not best mates, it’s ok.

Still waiting for an apology from the PGMOL.

Me too...they are morally obliged to apologise to Mr Dean for putting him in such a terrible situation,,,expecting him to do his job?...Outragous,

• Haha 3

On 25/08/2023 at 13:59, Mark Kelly said:

I've been very vocal , and been lambasted for it , in  believing that the PGMOL , Premier League and Sky are working together to gerrymander results to  ensure we have a product that they can sell , this means we must have a race and not a procession for the title , we must have a strong United and Liverpool and we must have a battle between good and evil . We are the Evil.

The referee and VAR team are doing their outmost to ensure the three points to Man U this afternoon. Very questionable red card for Nottingham and just minutes after an equally questionable penalty. On the balance to extremely “lucky” calls. 

Have we ever received such soft calls to save our asses? No of course not. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I know we're all angry, and rightly so, but I think we're all missing how funny it is that Mike Dean got very upset at people thinking he and Anthony Taylor are friends.

Poor Anthony.

Indeed,,,,and that's all the Mr Dean took from the "upset"?

Anyway so enjoyed the media storm of investigation and analysis of the implications from Mr Dean's revelation....so many great points and outrage,,,we are in good hands with the media hunt for justice and transparency,

• Haha 1

On 26/08/2023 at 01:54, Backbiter said:

Refs aren't happy with Dean's shameful confession, according to Darren Lewis in the Mirror. Mind you, his description of the incident is all wrong, and repeats the BBC misconception that the hair pull should have been punished with a penalty to us, even though it happened in our box when we were defending a corner.Screenshot_20230825-233943.thumb.png.01d0b194da1a2861a0f30cbc0e68c13a.png

Shocking journalism

This quote from Jordan Henderson says all you need to know about how footballers (and influencers in general) see themselves.

Henderson said: "I've gone above and beyond to help [the LGBTQ+ community]. I've worn the laces. I've worn the armband"

Don't forget how these sainted figures also knelt down once, often twice a week to ensure that racism was eradicated (even though they were, in reality, supporting a fascist, anti-establishment, fraudulently run political group). 

He's defending criticism of his hypocritical move to Saudi Arabia but in his interview doesn't actually explain his decision.  He just repeats how "hurt" he has been by the criticism.  

I'm loving seeing these virtue signalling pricks outed for what they are.  Attention-seeking whores. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ham said:

This quote from Jordan Henderson says all you need to know about how footballers (and influencers in general) see themselves.

Henderson said: "I've gone above and beyond to help [the LGBTQ+ community]. I've worn the laces. I've worn the armband"

Don't forget how these sainted figures also knelt down once, often twice a week to ensure that racism was eradicated (even though they were, in reality, supporting a fascist, anti-establishment, fraudulently run political group)

He's defending criticism of his hypocritical move to Saudi Arabia but in his interview doesn't actually explain his decision.  He just repeats how "hurt" he has been by the criticism.  

I'm loving seeing these virtue signalling pricks outed for what they are.  Attention-seeking whores. 

Gestures are just that..I stopped watching the game for a while because my take on kneeling was with an awareness of what Capitilised "BLACK LIVES MATTER""actually represented as opposed to a call for a real social change...as you say subsequent revelations back up my then view and your point.

Wearing "laces"..supplied by others and probably laced into boots by others and an arm band hardly represents a stand for understanding...I have far more respect for players who stand up to be counted inviting the condemnation of the idiots thus showing who and what is under the rocks.

The hardy souls who attend the Ladies game introducing youngsters to possibilities unheard of not too long ago, and the players themselves, do far more for equality and understanding than do all the media highlighted preening virtual spoilt brats seeking to justify their financial pay off,

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12955649/match-officials-micd-up-premier-league-in-game-audio-shown-in-new-programme-on-sky-sports

Well worth a watch, found it very interesting. I know some think it's corrupt and they are against us, every single fan base thinks the same, but I do think Howard Webb is possibly the best person to get things right, or at least get the whole system to work as well as it possibly can.

One thing I took from it is, especially when your at the ground, decisions seem to take forever and we all wonder why. The reality is in the moment they are under huge amounts of pressure and it doesn't take as long as we all think.

It's never going to be perfect and even if it was correct 100% of the time I would still be completely against it because it has, quite simply, ruined the celebrating of a goal. I would much rather we got things wrong but a goals a goal. It will never be the same again and it's taken away a big part of what football is all about in my opinion.

Edited by martin1905
  • Agree 1

Who is this guy ? 🙂

12:52 5 September
Chelsea fan's voice graphic

Will Faulks, Chelsea News, external

Anyone who has been critical of the Chelsea ownership's attempts to 'disrupt' modern European football since the takeover 18 months ago is likely to have been accused of not understanding what Todd Boehly and co are trying to do.

They have probably been told to look at the group's success in baseball with the LA Dodgers as evidence that the ownership group is smart on the sporting side as well as on the financial side.

But those defences are ringing more hollow by the week as Chelsea trend towards another season of entirely predictable disaster.

The desperate belief that there must be some grand plan behind the scenes becomes more and more comical with every bad result and mind-bending transfer decision. The mental gymnastics required to justify selling useful squad players for less than they're worth and replacing them with overpriced imports becomes ever more elaborate.

As the squad returns to full fitness, the mystifying business of the past year only comes further into focus.

Romeo Lavia and Lesley Ugochukwu look set to get 10 starts between them all season, while Andrey Santos will sit on Nottingham Forest's bench. Couldn't Santos have stuck around and just had those starts himself?

The story up front is even scarier - Chelsea paid upwards of £80m for Mykhailo Mudryk, and six months on would struggle to recoup half of that.

It would be a real comfort to believe that there is a coherent plan at work, but increasingly only the most devoted members of the cult of transfers remain convinced.

Edited by asvaberg

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Who is this guy ? 🙂

Anyone who has been critical of the Chelsea ownership's attempts to 'disrupt' modern European football since the takeover 18 months ago is likely to have been accused of not understanding what Todd Boehly and co are trying to do.

They have probably been told to look at the group's success in baseball with the LA Dodgers as evidence that the ownership group is smart on the sporting side as well as on the financial side.

But those defences are ringing more hollow by the week as Chelsea trend towards another season of entirely predictable disaster.

The desperate belief that there must be some grand plan behind the scenes becomes more and more comical with every bad result and mind-bending transfer decision. The mental gymnastics required to justify selling useful squad players for less than they're worth and replacing them with overpriced imports becomes ever more elaborate.

As the squad returns to full fitness, the mystifying business of the past year only comes further into focus.

Romeo Lavia and Lesley Ugochukwu look set to get 10 starts between them all season, while Andrey Santos will sit on Nottingham Forest's bench. Couldn't Santos have stuck around and just had those starts himself?

The story up front is even scarier - Chelsea paid upwards of £80m for Mykhailo Mudryk, and six months on would struggle to recoup half of that.

It would be a real comfort to believe that there is a coherent plan at work, but increasingly only the most devoted members of the cult of transfers remain convinced.

I do think they have a point on the Lavia and Big Les transfers , we now have three "holding" midfielders when one and Santos would probably have seen us through . 

Unless of course Pochettino wants to play a back four , two holding types and allow the two wing backs and Enzo to commit more to attack , which given the frankly,  cowardly way he's set us up so far I sincerely doubt. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Who is this guy ? 🙂

Sounds like someone that loves to project a narrative as factual information despite it all yet to be determined. 

"A predictable disaster" - All conjecture. I mean it's possible, but certainly not predictable. 

"Selling useful players for less than they're worth" - Entirely untrue. 

"Lavia and Ugo getting 10 starts" - An arbitrary number he's plucked from nowhere to try and emphasise an entirely made up scenario. 

"Andrey Santos will sit on Nottingham Forest's bench" - Must know something we don't. Since Santos joined Forest on loan they've played 3 games. The first being the day after he joined, the second was the game against Chelsea he was ineligible for, and the third one he started. 

"Chelsea paid upwards of £80m for Mudryk" - Um, no we didn't. We paid around £60m upfront, the remaining money hinges on bonus and add-on's being achieved. Which, if they are, will likely mean Mudryk has been a resounding success. So again, utter nonsense. 

One could literally go through this whole piece further and pick it apart with ease, but it's not worth the effort or time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Sounds like someone that loves to project a narrative as factual information despite it all yet to be determined. 

"A predictable disaster" - All conjecture. I mean it's possible, but certainly not predictable. 

"Selling useful players for less than they're worth" - Entirely untrue. 

"Lavia and Ugo getting 10 starts" - An arbitrary number he's plucked from nowhere to try and emphasise an entirely made up scenario. 

"Andrey Santos will sit on Nottingham Forest's bench" - Must know something we don't. Since Santos joined Forest on loan they've played 3 games. The first being the day after he joined, the second was the game against Chelsea he was ineligible for, and the third one he started. 

"Chelsea paid upwards of £80m for Mudryk" - Um, no we didn't. We paid around £60m upfront, the remaining money hinges on bonus and add-on's being achieved. Which, if they are, will likely mean Mudryk has been a resounding success. So again, utter nonsense. 

One could literally go through this whole piece further and pick it apart with ease, but it's not worth the effort or time. 

Saved me the bother of replying. 

• Like 1