Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

Do NOT go to Rangers Frank.

Yet another crazy choice (if the stories are true)

If you must go back into management then apply for a job in the lower leagues  and try and work your way up again.

Apart from anything else, why would you want to be so far away from London where Christine has her career and all your children are.

None of my business obviously but like the Everton job it just doesn’t feel right.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

If you must go back into management then apply for a job in the lower leagues  and try and work your way up again.

Apart from anything else, why would you want to be so far away from London where Christine has her career and all your children are.

None of my business obviously but like the Everton job it just doesn’t feel right.

The SPL is equivalent to the lower leagues. A challenge on par with the boat race.

He only needs to be better than Celtic who won't be the same without Ange and his clever Asian recruitment. 

That being said, the geography makes no sense for a family man, like you say. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

The SPL is equivalent to the lower leagues. A challenge on par with the boat race.

He only needs to be better than Celtic who won't be the same without Ange and his clever Asian recruitment. 

I think it's a shrewd move.If he breaks the reign of Celtic he will be a hero.If he doesn't nothing lost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaneB said:

He’s also a shocking manager. Another player - imo one of the greatest of all time - that just isn’t cut out for management. 

• Agree 1

Loved the quotes by Conor about playing for and captaining Chelsea. I know you need more than just “being Chelsea” but imo he’s easily good enough. I hope Conor signs a new deal soon because I think he’s brilliant!

Will be interesting to see what happens when Nkunku returns.

Personally,  I would love to see a midfield 3 of Enzo, Caicedo and Conor. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Have the media been ridiculing the plastic flags all over St James' Park last night? I remember them having a field day when RA doled out flags for one of our CL games many years ago, so presumably the media and social media are now mocking the Geordies/ Saudis for doing the same.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Have the media been ridiculing the plastic flags all over St James' Park last night? I remember them having a field day when RA doled out flags for one of our CL games many years ago, so presumably the media and social media are now mocking the Geordies/ Saudis for doing the same.

The pro-geordie commentary was cringe-worthy and puke-inducing last night.

Unconvicted murderer MBS will be thrilled.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 23:58, JaneB said:

On 04/10/2023 at 01:29, Ham said:

Flights from London to Glasgow are ten a penny

"Nearer" in terms of time than a lot of English jobs. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

The pro-geordie commentary was cringe-worthy and puke-inducing last night.

Unconvicted murderer MBS will be thrilled.

Really enjoyed the game, though. Always good to see PSG get thumped.

I caught the TNT highlights show, which is awful. The only pundit I'd heard of was Honigstein, who's pretty good, but one of the others drew a contrast between Newcastle as a club and Chelsea. He said how important it was that a club has 'local boys' like Burn and Longstaff. Fair enough, but the implication was that we don't. I wonder where Reece James, Gallagher, Chalobah, Colwill, Broja (Slough is pretty local, I'd say) and even Sterling come from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Really enjoyed the game, though. Always good to see PSG get thumped.

I caught the TNT highlights show, which is awful. The only pundit I'd heard of was Honigstein, who's pretty good, but one of the others drew a contrast between Newcastle as a club and Chelsea. He said how important it was that a club has 'local boys' like Burn and Longstaff. Fair enough, but the implication was that we don't. I wonder where Reece James, Gallagher, Chalobah, Colwill, Broja (Slough is pretty local, I'd say) and even Sterling come from.

I stopped my subscription to BT purely because I had the distinct impression that whoever we were playing were the side they were rooting for , in the end it just pissed me off too much , their commentary team is like a Man United supporters club. 

The Mirror has long been a Liverpool fanzine, aiming to fill the tabloid gap created by the Merseyside boycott of the Sun. Here they are writing a ridiculous article suggesting Caicedo should have gone there rather than Chelsea. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-chelsea-moises-caicedo-agent-31111384?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Flights from London to Glasgow are ten a penny

"Nearer" in terms of time than a lot of English jobs. 

Yeah but not not just match days. It's training every day and media work. 

On 03/10/2023 at 23:58, JaneB said:

To be fair Jane the worst he can do is runner up and more likely it would be his European experience more than anything that those at Ibrox will be looking for.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

To be fair Jane the worst he can do is runner up and more likely it would be his European experience more than anything that those at Ibrox will be looking for.

Well runner up would be a failure surely?  

I wish he'd stop going for 'top' jobs and lower his expectations.  He doesn't need the money after all.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Backbiter said:

The Mirror has long been a Liverpool fanzine, aiming to fill the tabloid gap created by the Merseyside boycott of the Sun. Here they are writing a ridiculous article suggesting Caicedo should have gone there rather than Chelsea. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-chelsea-moises-caicedo-agent-31111384?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Especially those prats Brian Reade and Andy Dunn

• Agree 1

On 06/10/2023 at 14:23, ROTG said:

@ChelseaJambo what's your thoughts on Frank going to Rangers, and to be honest if Frank did get appointed he is an instant upgrade on the clown Beale "God knows what got in the ownership to hire Beale" 

Wouldn't be a good move I don't think. They're miles off Celtic just now and (sadly) it's the only barometer of success the fans and media would judge him against.

Fail to beat Celtic and challenge for the league = immense pressure fast and likely removal.

Thankfully looks like it's not happening, it was bad enough seeing him in a City shirt.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12619251/There-times-thought-explode-Romelu-Lukaku-lifts-lid-nightmare-summer-falling-Inter-Milan-banished-Chelsea-rejecting-Saudi-Arabia-Roma.html

Lukaku. “If you know what really happened this summer you’d be shocked”.

Not sure if he’s trying to say that we have treated him badly in any way. If so that man is deluded beyond belief. He and Pogba epitomise everything that’s wrong with the modern footballer. 

14 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12619251/There-times-thought-explode-Romelu-Lukaku-lifts-lid-nightmare-summer-falling-Inter-Milan-banished-Chelsea-rejecting-Saudi-Arabia-Roma.html

Not sure if he’s trying to say that we have treated him badly in any way. If so that man is deluded beyond belief. He and Pogba epitomise everything that’s wrong with the modern footballer. 

I'm sure part of what shocked him was someone at the club telling him to get f***ed.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

At what stage stage do we sue the fecker for breach of contract? 

He must have breached multiple clauses.