Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

29 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I somehow seriously doubt that Michael. If he was smart, he’d never find himself in this mess to begin with. If he was smart, he’d never done that infamous interview. 

From what I've read Dave, there's been nothing to suggest that he's stepped out of line. 

Let me make it clear - just like the rest of us here, I'm guessing. That's all.

Gusto audio. What a complete joke. Is tackling only about whether someone is potentially injured, regardless of circumstance now? He is NOT off the ground when the tackle is made, despite what they say. He clearly gets proper contact on the ball first. That action leads him to follow through on the Villa player who has NOT got the ball first and has, by definition, ARRIVED LATE to the tackle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Backbiter said:

That headline is just gibberish. What the hell is the word 'declaring' doing there?

The trouble with the Mail is they're starting from the position of hating Chelsea , so any article they can misconstrue to be anti Chelsea is manna from Heaven for them.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Gusto audio. What a complete joke. Is tackling only about whether someone is potentially injured, regardless of circumstance now? He is NOT off the ground when the tackle is made, despite what they say. He clearly gets proper contact on the ball first. That action leads him to follow through on the Villa player who has NOT got the ball first and has, by definition, ARRIVED LATE to the tackle. 

It just shows it up for the flawed system it is.  They don't care about right or wrong decisions they care about game management 

3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

... And could have been booked instead.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

It just shows it up for the flawed system it is.  They don't care about right or wrong decisions they care about game management 

Reputation management

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Reading this Telegraph article at the moment:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/12/andy-hamilton-chelsea-fan-season-ticket-todd-boehly/

It's an interview with lifelong Chelsea fan, comedian Andy Hamilton, who has recently published a book called Blue Was The Colour. Sounds like a potentially great and relatable read. 

Interesting.
Hamilton is great, very funny.  Sounds like an interesting book.

The interviewer, Jim White, is an idiot.  Misrepresents old Chelsea a lot.  And who could possibly introduce Andy Hamiliton without mention his frequent ISIHAC appearances and that he co-wrote OutNumbered.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Sometimes you have to say it as it is 🙂

Shades of John Sitton! I think Jose had it right when he said a few years ago that you can’t be so direct with the players these days. It’s a shame - they need it sometimes! I love how the interview starts normally then his frustration emerges 🤬🤣

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Sometimes you have to say it as it is 🙂

May be mixing Dorking up, but IIRC their manager is also the owner! He's taken them from literal pub team to just outside the professional pyramid over the last 15 or so years. I think he'd probably struggle to get away with talking about and to actual pros that way!

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea being investigated for some secret payments  made to Russian entities when we signed Eto'o and Willian. I wonder if these things discovered by the new owners during due diligence explain the rapid removal of anyone associated with the Roman Era at board level. The club statement seems to hint at that

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12689801/Premier-League-secret-payments-Chelsea-Roman-Abramovich.html

12 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Chelsea being investigated for some secret payments  made to Russian entities when we signed Eto'o and Willian. I wonder if these things discovered by the new owners during due diligence explain the rapid removal of anyone associated with the Roman Era at board level. The club statement seems to hint at that

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12689801/Premier-League-secret-payments-Chelsea-Roman-Abramovich.html

If this investigation is completed before the Man City one then I'm out. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

So they both came from Anzhi Makhachkala in Dagestan.  I knew a guy from Dagestan around that time, and the news out of Makhachkala  was massively exciting for 2 years but suddenly in 2013 it all went bust.  I'd be very surprised if you could buy their assets without making the odd unusual payment here or there - it is just how business gets done in Dagestan.  Especially if a player has already had his Medical at what we used to call 3PL.

from Mail piece
Financial records reportedly suggest that in addition to the transfer payments being made by Chelsea, there was further payments that may have been sent to so-called 'Russian entities'.

There is no suggestion either player were aware of the associated dealings, however, their transfers form part of an ongoing investigation into the club under Abramovich's reign.

Chelsea released a statement in response to the claims, explaining the payments aren't in relation to any individual currently at the club.

Just my guess work but I'd expect:
The CreamCakes agreed to a full audit (which takes time) as part of getting government agreement to the deal and on the understanding they would not be held responsible nor CFC new be fined or points deducted.  Getting protection from prior events is a basic negotiation goal of a buyer.
All the old board wanted out anyway - same as the players.  Even Cech quit quickly and he was well short of board level.  But I'm sure CreamCakes were happy to see them leave.
The news out of Ukraine is really awkward now, no British goverment wants to raise the issue, so I think we don't need to worry about further witch hunts in the near term.

To be honest if this is all they have found after 15 months, there can't be a lot more.
The main concern would be that pehaps key players were receiving additional payments to avoid FFP or worse UK tax.  No sign of that.

Edited by Dwmh
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Ham said:

If this investigation is completed before the Man City one then I'm out. 

It will be, because we've fessed up to it and there's precedent (the UEFA fine) for giving us a slap on the wrist that doesn't stir up any meaningful trouble. I expect we'll want it completed ASAP, as opposed to City who have everything to gain from dragging their investigation out. Much easier to fine a club or ban them from signing players for a bit (surely Boehly's idea of hell!) than it is to have to rewrite 10 years of PL history.

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Good watch/listen for anyone interesting. Talks about a lot of things including Jose, Carlo, Roman, 06 and 2012 Champion League finals, certain players, and more. 

You know something? The thing that stands out. These players were men. Not the wee boys we have playing for us now.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Good watch/listen for anyone interesting. Talks about a lot of things including Jose, Carlo, Roman, 06 and 2012 Champion League finals, certain players, and more. 

Missed your post, linked to it somewhere else too.
And JT is just episode 1.

Any votes for who we want to see next?