Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

16 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Any votes for who we want to see next?

Christensen and Mount...if they can tell their side of the story truthfully..not PR guff.

Not watched JT but I assume he didn't enlarge upon his statement about Mount being proper Chels and knowing the other side of the story ?

1 hour ago, chara said:

Christensen and Mount...if they can tell their side of the story truthfully..not PR guff.

Not watched JT but I assume he didn't enlarge upon his statement about Mount being proper Chels and knowing the other side of the story ?

No.  He is still at the club a few days a week with the Academy.
Talked about Benitez though.

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

No.  He is still at the club a few days a week with the Academy.
Talked about Benitez though.

I thought he was very open and honest about most topics. Torres, Benitez, Abramovich, Moscow and Pochettino in particular. Interesting to hear about his management career or lack thereof too.

I see that our old 'friend ' Anthony Taylor has effectively been stood-down from PL refereeing duties this weekend - he's been allocated  a Championship game.

All because the Wolves manager complained about the penalty he gave Newcastle against them.

Now, if only we realised that was all it took to get him looked at was a little winge, he'd have been referreeing in the county leagues had we done the same or our complaints been taken with the same amount of gravity that the Wolverhampton one obviously has.

Bias, not many benny!

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I see that our old 'friend ' Anthony Taylor has effectively been stood-down from PL refereeing duties this weekend - he's been allocated  a Championship game.

All because the Wolves manager complained about the penalty he gave Newcastle against them.

Now, if only we realised that was all it took to get him looked at was a little winge, he'd have been referreeing in the county leagues had we done the same or our complaints been taken with the same amount of gravity that the Wolverhampton one obviously has.

Bias, not many benny!

I've been saying it for ages we are far, far too compliant when they've done us over, nobody says anything and Poch is ridiculously laid back about it. 

We got a penalty the other week and it was a penalty regardless of what the empty talking heads in the media had to say about it although not about the soft Liverpool penalty. 

When asked if it was a penalty Poch instead of giving the meek answer should have said "they always are when its the other way around" but no just the usual platitudes. 

We need to tell them just how much they stink and let them know we're onto them. 

Cheats and liars the lot of them. 

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, xceleryx said:
9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Director of Communications: Tom Roddy

So that is what fomer Times journalist Tom Roddy does to earn his crust.
If you ask me he is better at orchestrating the players than Poch.  Make Tom the coach.

It's a bit of a fluff piece. Lots about their friendship, their families and growing up in their native countries. Apparently, Enzo phoned Moises in July to persuade him to come to Chelsea even before Pochettino. They are both very confident that we will get over the problems we have putting the ball in the net. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2023 at 08:41, Holymoly said:

I thought he was very open and honest about most topics. Torres, Benitez, Abramovich, Moscow and Pochettino in particular. Interesting to hear about his management career or lack thereof too.

Word on the street now is that it was actually a promo for JT's managerial career rather than a podcast. Telling clubs he's prepared to drop down to Div 1 do give him an interview.

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Word on the street now is that it was actually a promo for JT's managerial career rather than a podcast. Telling clubs he's prepared to drop down to Div 1 do give him an interview.

That is certainly what it achieved.  But frankly evereyone who ever went on a talk show has a book to sell or a CV to push.  

I guess we will see if the Journalist who is really running the show and Mikel who is just a hook to hang the show on do episodes 2, 3 and more.  

Rio Ferdinand on Mason Mount:

"No disrespect to Chelsea but he was a golden boy and he came through the ranks there. He was never really on the receiving end of negativity or scrutiny, ‘Should he be here, he’s not good enough, should he be here?’ – He’s never had that in his life really.

But the pressure when you come to Man United, it brings a different kind of weight on the shoulders, the badge is heavier when things aren’t going well. He is seeing and hearing that now."

Wow, what the hell is he talking about? Mount was struggling prior to MU. Rio is so entitled with these comments

Frying pan into the fire.
He leaves a club that massively underperformed for a season and went to a club that has massively underperformed for 10 seasons.
Tough.
Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandes, all done really well for Man U recently, all got loads of abuse (some deserved).

Van de Beek, Sancho, MacGuire, Martial, Anthony, Shaw, Varane,
Man U is also stacked full of expensive stars who just haven't made it.
Time for Rio to recognise that the problem is the club.

• Like 1

What a load of fuss about nothing Arsenal are making.

Ball out of play? Inconclusive. Just because there is a gap from a certain angle does not mean the ball is out. Not clear either way, so not a clear and obvious error.

Foul? Not a clear and obvious error. Some of these you get some you don’t. Weak defending.

Offside? No. The ball has to go forwards for offside. It went backwards to Gordon.

What's “embarrassing” is Arteta’s and then Arsenal’s reaction

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It's Arsenal. Always a sense of self-entitlement. I feel sure we have had a few pushes in the back in the area this season and got no change from the ref or VAR.

We had one last week against Brentford, on Sterling in the box. Far more blatant than yesterday's. VAR not interested.

Edited by Backbiter
  • Agree 1

They don’t even know which of the 3 situations they want to push. It’s as if they are saying there are 3 close calls, so one of them must rule the goal out. It doesn’t work like that. There are 3 close calls, but none actually rule the goal out. What we don’t need, is baseless VAR attacks from people looking to cash in on the referees twisted sense of balancing the scales, in the following games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McCreadie said:

They don’t even know which of the 3 situations they want to push. It’s as if they are saying there are 3 close calls, so one of them must rule the goal out. It doesn’t work like that. There are 3 close calls, but none actually rule the goal out. What we don’t need, is baseless VAR attacks from people looking to cash in on the referees twisted sense of balancing the scales, in the following games.

Tbh, we've seen goals like that one go either way (was it a foul or wasn't it etc) and would probably be annoyed if that was allowed against us or disallowed when we've scored.  I can get that to an extent.  

(I do think the ball was out though and thus it should have been disallowed).  

What I find more worrying is that two clear red card offences were just selectively ignored by both the Ref and the VAR panel.  I can't get why both Havertz and Guimaeres stayed on the pitch.  

6 hours ago, McCreadie said:

who have conveniently forgotten there was a cast iron Red for Haverts H1 that no one is talking about.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Agree, though Klopp made a precedent here....i do wonder is it a coincidence that these sort of controversial mess ups/erratic decisions only seem to occur in live on tv games. Does the VAR team/ ref feel/is under more under pressure to deliver a spectacle....

11 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Agree, though Klopp made a precedent here....i do wonder is it a coincidence that these sort of controversial mess ups/erratic decisions only seem to occur in live on tv games. Does the VAR team/ ref feel/is under more under pressure to deliver a spectacle....

No they happen in all the games, just managers react less and media plays it down.
After Klopp's performance and the great PMGOL apology every club needs to reset their "mustn't upset" status by taking the first TV opportunity to say "this must not happen again".
And what newspaper is going to write up an event which none of its readership watched at all because MOTD ducked out of discussing it?

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Fascinating match report on the BBC website. 25 paragraphs of which 25 talk about Tottenham.

About right though.  It was all about Spurs throwing away a game they should have won comfortably.