Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not the club, no. The club is very much collateral damage. 

Does anyone think any of the claims in the article about "hidden" payments sound totally implausible? I don't. It never really made much sense that we competed as we did, making the losses we did, while complying with FFP.

The big question for me is what weight of evidence is there and what the PL dares do given ... Shall we say, other matters under investigation.

Funnily enough, just today the paper has printed a glowing picture of City's finances:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/15/manchester-city-post-premier-league-record-revenue

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

It is a lot better than that if you count other comps and internationals.

Adding the CL:

Player A: 

2023-24  4 apps 5 goals 1 assist 

2022-23  5 apps 0 goals 0 assists

Player B: 

2023-24  4 apps 4 goals 1 assists

2022-23  11 apps 12 goals 0 assists

I think Simeone really means: "Ignoring other competitions and past seasons, if you compare Morata's record with Haaland's in the in the first 4 games of this season's CL, they are on a par". 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Does anyone think any of the claims in the article about "hidden" payments sound totally implausible? I don't. It never really made much sense that we competed as we did, making the losses we did, while complying with FFP.

The big question for me is what weight of evidence is there and what the PL dares do given ... Shall we say, other matters under investigation.

I agree. IMO it's hypocritical to complain about investigations because if we supported any other club we would be in favour of it too.

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

He is Russian - you are allowed - encouraged to say what you like.
Magnitsky act, Russian hacking of Clinton and Democrat emails, Russian interference in 2016 elections.
All proven to be fake stories created by politicians and intelligence agencies.  And I mean proven fake, not just unsupported.

Did anyone see any of the proof in western media?

3 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Adding the CL:

Player A: 

2023-24  4 apps 5 goals 1 assist 

2022-23  5 apps 0 goals 0 assists

Player B: 

2023-24  4 apps 4 goals 1 assists

2022-23  11 apps 12 goals 0 assists

I think Simeone really means: "Ignoring other competitions and past seasons, if you compare Morata's record with Haaland's in the in the first 4 games of this season's CL, they are on a par". 

Adding internationals I think he totals 17 goals this season.
Quite incredible.  For 3 months.

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Usual leftist nonsense to try and discredit a genuinely great man who does good for a LOT of people. But that’s the toilet paper Guardian. More than a whiff of anti-semitism too, no doubt. 

This does seem to be prevalent everywhere right now, particularly in the mainstream media and the liberal/left.

Suella got her marching orders for speaking out against the woke agenda which is actively encouraging the most appalling anti semitism.

Her husband is Jewish and so she was perfectly entitled to have an opinion on it. 

Rebuttal from TVF in 5,4,3,2...........

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

Her husband is Jewish and so she was perfectly entitled to have an opinion on it. 

Her husband is jewish, she is Hindu (I guess) she needs to be very very very careful what she implies about Muslims.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

This does seem to be prevalent everywhere right now, particularly in the mainstream media and the liberal/left.

Suella got her marching orders for speaking out against the woke agenda which is actively encouraging the most appalling anti semitism.

Rebuttal from TVF in 5,4,3,2...........

It's such nonsense I wouldn't have bothered to engage with it at all without a name check tbh. The problem with it on CFCnet isn't, though, that it's nonsense. It's that it's on CFCnet. There are thousands of message boards for crying about "woke" bogey men, is it too much to ask that anyone who fancies that goes to those places and leaves this place to football? Or when we say no politics, do we just mean "no politics but my own"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Her husband is jewish, she is Hindu (I guess) she needs to be very very very careful what she implies about Muslims.

What did she imply about Muslims? She spoke out about widespread and un-policed anti semitism on the streets of London. 

My favourite "non-reported on MSM" comment from a middle eastern protester was "Hitler knew what to do with these people". 

She spoke out against the Met Police because they were policing groups differently from each other and ignoring Hamas and ISIS flags and headbands whilst confiscating the cross of St George. 

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

It's such nonsense I wouldn't have bothered to engage with it at all without a name check tbh. The problem with it on CFCnet isn't, though, that it's nonsense. It's that it's on CFCnet. There are thousands of message boards for crying about "woke" bogey men, is it too much to ask that anyone who fancies that goes to those places and leaves this place to football? Or when we say no politics, do we just mean "no politics but my own"?

Nonsense in your opinion but that's precisely what it is. An opinion. It's not a fact. 

I'm guessing you only watch the woke mainstream media and conveniently ignore the irreversible damage being caused by the woke thought police. 

The news you are watching does not reflect what's happening daily in the real world.  

By all means keep the blinkers on.

Anti-woke opinions are lazily and tactically labelled "far right" but it's increasingly the opinion of the centre, the general British public who are becoming more and more angry at the way the country is heading.

Wokeness is a thing as much as the liberal/left try to pretend it isn't. 

It began with good intentions but it's been hijacked by some very unsavoury organisations who are not known for their tolerance. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 2

Politics...such a difficult path to navigate on a football forum....We at Chelsea are so aware of the devasting results politics had..is having ..on the very existence of OUR club and on many levels and different subject forums something very relevant. Impossible not to take into account and comment on.

The same with various football related topics not confined to Chelsea...WC venues, support/condemnation of issues at football grounds,crowd behaviour and on.

I am a fierce supporter of free speech and bristle at the thought of any curtailment of such a fundamentally important part of life as we know it...not so elsewhere...

So....a quiet respectful plea to all of us.... Please...don't let concern and differing perspectives  over  World  issues overwhelm our Chelsea related ties to each other...no one is wrong . 

In Peace and with great respect for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Ham said:

What did she imply about Muslims? She spoke out about widespread and un-policed anti semitism on the streets of London. 

My favourite "non-reported on MSM" comment from a middle eastern protester was "Hitler knew what to do with these people". 

She spoke out against the Met Police because they were policing groups differently from each other and ignoring Hamas and ISIS flags and headbands whilst confiscating the cross of St George. 

Well go on a ceasefire march and meet them.  There is nothing of that kind of comment, and as we eventually found out all the trouble last weekend came from anti-immigrant protesters (something misrepresented by Braverman).

Essentially for 75% of the real world, anyone not taking the Gaza side is mad.  I'm talking Africa, S America, ME, Asia, not BBC.  I'm not arguing that you should take that side, but a Home secretary at the very least ought to have a clearer idea of the balance of views.  The Police certainly have concluded that it would be unreasonable to stop the marches.  

My favourite "reported on MSM" comment was from a Jewish British mother saying she was terrified travelling with her children in London because they might see anti-semitic graphiti.  Clearly she has no idea what people have been protesting about.  A staggering irony failure by mother and newspaper.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Anti-woke opinions are lazily and tactically labelled "far right" but it's increasingly the opinion of the centre, the general British public who are becoming more and more angry at the way the country is heading.

I agree with that.  I'd say that the general British public are actually most annoyed at being told what to think instead of being told the facts and being allowed to think for themselves.
That is why Gaza is so interesting - both sides get reported (albeit mostly from one side).  Contrast this to Ukraine, Syria, Venezuela or most conflicts around the world where only one side gets reported at all.
This makes Gaza/Israel one of the few issues where ordinary people are able to work out for themselves what to think rather than being told.  It is hugely controversial as a result.  Starmer AND Sunak not just object to a ceasefire, they actively punish party members who do support one.  Crazy world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Well go on a ceasefire march and meet them.  There is nothing of that kind of comment, and as we eventually found out all the trouble last weekend came from anti-immigrant protesters (something misrepresented by Braverman).

Essentially for 75% of the real world, anyone not taking the Gaza side is mad.  I'm talking Africa, S America, ME, Asia, not BBC.  I'm not arguing that you should take that side, but a Home secretary at the very least ought to have a clearer idea of the balance of views.  The Police certainly have concluded that it would be unreasonable to stop the marches.  

My favourite "reported on MSM" comment was from a Jewish British mother saying she was terrified travelling with her children in London because they might see anti-semitic graphiti.  Clearly she has no idea what people have been protesting about.  A staggering irony failure by mother and newspaper.

I can't work out whether you are being serious or sarcastic here.

These are NOT the forums for politics, as has been said a million times before. These are FOOTBALL forums for Chelsea. If any of your can't accept that and comply with the rules, then please sod off, because you're boring everybody else who came here to discuss CHELSEA and other related football issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

These are NOT the forums for politics, as has been said a million times before. These are FOOTBALL forums for Chelsea. If any of your can't accept that and comply with the rules, then please sod off, because you're boring everybody else who came here to discuss CHELSEA and other related football issue.

Well I was just going to step in and say similar and you beat me to it Michael.

With respect, I'm not sure I would have told members to "sod off" mind you, especially as many of them have contributed financially to keep the forum up and running, but I know you're not a man to mince his words!!!

Any political discussions can be carried on, if desired, by private messaging but not as Michael says on here.

• Agree 1

There is a fine line between political related content relating to Chelsea and football in general and political discussion.

I agree with MT and Jane, of course, but that fine line is easily crossed unintentionally as a discussion broadens.

That is when things drift away from relevant cfcnet discussions.....perhaps we should all think before we extend a discussion however "natural" the progression is...hard but given the level of "smarts" on here not impossible by any means...I'll shut up now!  (for now anyway 😁)

The Guardian has done a feature on the current investigations by the FA into possible breaches of FFP by Chelsea, Man City and Everton. This is the headline they went with:

Chelsea facing FA and Premier League probe for possible FFP breaches

The governing bodies are investigating secret payments made by companies belonging to the club’s former owner Roman Abramovich

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/16/chelsea-facing-fa-and-premier-league-probe-for-possible-ffp-breaches

Edited by Backbiter

Does anyone think, that if we are found guilty of multiple charges committed over a lengthy period, that the Premier League will not absolutely batter us and lever penalties so severe that we will be playing QPR as our main London derby next season or the one after. If I was a betting man ..... 🤔

Edited by blueboy1905

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The FA are trying to prove they don't need an independent regulator. The bill was supposed to be presented to Parliament last week. 

Obviously they need an independent regulator.  Which by definition means not the one proposed in Parliament.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, blueboy1905 said:

Does anyone think, that if we are found guilty of multiple charges committed over a lengthy period, that the Premier League will not absolutely batter us and lever penalties so severe that we will be playing QPR as our main London derby next season or the one after. If I was a betting man ..... 🤔

Well I was thinking, thank god we didn't get a points deduction last season.

10 points would have put us level with Leicester in 18th.

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

The Guardian has done a feature on the current investigations by the FA into possible breaches of FFP by Chelsea, Man City and Everton. This is the headline they went with:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/16/chelsea-facing-fa-and-premier-league-probe-for-possible-ffp-breaches

I am also highly critical of the Guardian and their headlines but I am a bit tired of the "everyone is against Chelsea" narrative on here.

City will get held to account too - all in due course.

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2