Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Three Chelsea supporters in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here this year. 

Aren't they lucky they get to work during International week then.  You must be desperate if you are watching that though.

I'm an Abramovich player - get me out of here.

6 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Aren't they lucky they get to work during International week then.  You must be desperate if you are watching that though.

I'm an Abramovich player - get me out of here.

My better half loves the show. My Sunday consisted of The Masked Singer, I'm a Celeb and Strictly. 

Sundays are a challenge 😳

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

My better half loves the show. My Sunday consisted of The Masked Singer, I'm a Celeb and Strictly. 

Monday And Tuesday for me..."Antiques Roadshow.:.two hours...."Finding Your Roots"....actually like the content of both shows but for two totally unrelated reasons dislike the presentations and time taken up!...Part of my payment for full access to any football I wish to see!

Damn these International breaks !..."Will no one rid me of these turbulent fixtures?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

You lads should consider yourselves lucky - My Wife's re-watching Grey's Anatomy at the moment. 

Sanctimonious, awful main characters with an overdose of dreadful greetings card philosophy streaked through every episode. 

......and Patrick Dempsey 😍

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

You lads should consider yourselves lucky - My Wife's re-watching Grey's Anatomy at the moment. 

Sanctimonious, awful main characters with an overdose of dreadful greetings card philosophy streaked through every episode. 

I see your "Grey's Anatomy" and I raise you "Married at first sight" which is like watching reptilian imbeciles with no redeeming qualities in a slow mo car crash . My very sensible and kindly wife loves it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ham said:

I've watched The Masked Singer a few times, in English and the Polish version.

I have to say that the format strikes me as incredible - a genius idea for what top TV should be about.

In execution though it seems rubbish.

10 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I've watched The Masked Singer a few times, in English and the Polish version.

I have to say that the format strikes me as incredible - a genius idea for what top TV should be about.

In execution though it seems rubbish.

I like it best when they take off the costume and everyone looks around dumbfounded as they don't recognise who it is !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I like it best when they take off the costume and everyone looks around dumbfounded as they don't recognise who it is !

The bold bit is how I feel with "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" these days - I genuinely recognised 2 of them, and Britney's sister because I read somewhere that she was taking part.

• Like 1

My partner likes Extra Slice, but usually, I have only heard of two out of three "celebrities". I spend the program wondering who they are. Obviously, not a comedian or raconteur. Not a cook, either. Jo Brand is the archetypal comedian out to pasture, I think. The same goes for Pointless Celebs. I think it's a function of getting older. What gets me is how so many of them seem to be a model, actor, singer, dancer, etc. I would like them to be good at one thing before branching out. It is almost guaranteed that their agent is doing overtime. And then, at 23, they decide to publish their autobiography, which is never "auto" and has nothing of any note worth repeating.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see your "Grey's Anatomy" and I raise you "Married at first sight" which is like watching reptilian imbeciles with no redeeming qualities in a slow mo car crash . My very sensible and kindly wife loves it. 

You don't make her watch Chelsea matches at all, per chance?

14 hours ago, Ham said:

I watched The Masked Singer last year as it was simple enough to cope with when my son was newborn. He was surprisingly soothed by McEnroe's Teenage Dirtbag, to the extent I'll still occasionally sing it to him to get him to sleep.

I can't stand it now I occasionally get more than 4 hours sleep a night.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mine loves Married at first sight (prefers the Australian one though)  but she also binge watches the Real Housewives of ...  ( New Jersey at the moment)..  they just seem to spend most of the time shouting at each other!!

• Agree 1

A very insightful thread .... A group of long term Chelsea faithful who carry the burden of Chelsea with aplomb ,humour and pithy comment..all dragged down by mindless..to us...manufactured "shows" inhabited by equally manufactured "celebrities"...😆

I would raise you all with "Call The Midwife"...a series, milked beyond it's time,with shared fascination between my very clever successful sister and her old classmate Mrs C,...endless totally thick East End husbands and salt of the Earth smart pregnant working class mum's head and shoulders above the said thicko husbands., as I said, milked beyond it's time,...and portraying a time I remember well but not as shown!..(Endevour also suffered a bit from that...supposedly pre history but in my very recent memory!)

Of course..in the great tradition of our Forum...a thread totally out of place on this particular subject forum but,,,,,it is US!

May whimsey rule .....(or is it whimsy?)

• Like 1

You had it lucky. I get Made in Chelsea. Mindless bunch of parvenu shitforbrains discussing the relative virtues of moisturiser and making catty remarks about each other. My dear and tolerant tennis mad spouse and beloved daughter - yes, the avowed feminist - adore it. God knows why. On the bright side, I don’t have to make excuses for hiding in the snug watching repeats of Top Gear, ‘Allo ‘Allo, Liverpool:Chelsea 2014, 2012 Munich and  2012 Porto - they understand.

31 minutes ago, chara said:

A very insightful thread .... A group of long term Chelsea faithful who carry the burden of Chelsea with aplomb ,humour and pithy comment..all dragged down by mindless..to us...manufactured "shows" inhabited by equally manufactured "celebrities"...😆

Married a Man U fan?  sorry mate.

33 minutes ago, chara said:

May whimsey rule .....(or is it whimsy?)

Lord Peter Wimsey with Ian Carmichael.  Almost 50 years old but I'm sure is still available on at least half a dozen channels here.
Proper detective stories.

16 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Married a Man U fan?  

Was that a question for me Droy?...or just a general comment?..... Mrs C is very much supportive of my Chelsea obsession

And as I have mentioned before takes great delight in reminding me that she has friends in the Bonetti family and met The Cat at a family wedding......🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chara said:

Was that a question for me Droy?...or just a general comment?..... Mrs C is very much supportive of my Chelsea obsession

You said your wife watches manufactures shows inhabited by equally manufactured "celebrities".
I just presumed you meant Man U games with Fernandez and Macguire.

1 hour ago, chara said:

• Like 1