Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

11 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

You said your wife watches manufactures shows inhabited by equally manufactured "celebrities".
I just presumed you meant Man U games with Fernandez and Macguire.

Ahh...far too clever for me Droy...but appreciate the sentiment 😁

7 hours ago, JaneB said:

Who are?

Sam Thompson from Made in Chelsea.

Nick Pickard from Hollyoaks.

Marvin Humes from JLS.

2 hours ago, Waspeze said:

Mine loves Married at first sight (prefers the Australian one though)  but she also binge watches the Real Housewives of ...  ( New Jersey at the moment)..  they just seem to spend most of the time shouting at each other!!

Same here although I'm reliably informed it's just MAFS to those who follow it. 

Last year was all about Harrison who was gaslighting Brontë.   It was all she could talk about.

Allegedly the Aussie version is "sooooooo much better". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I love all you guys moaning about your partners’ viewing habits 🤣

Here’s a revolutionary idea, you don’t have to watch as well, unless you’re joined at the hip 🙄

But most of us are Jane!........It's the International Break!.... we are all going stir (football) crazy!!!

And,,somewhere in a parallel Galaxy far away there is a TV Forum with all our partners comparing our Chelsea obsess😁👩‍🚀ion!

Edited by chara
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

We watch it together. I love Repair Shop, probably because I like watching skilled workers making or repairing things. She watches it with me as I watch her programs with her. I am not complaining about her choices.. .

It was just a light hearted quip Sciatika 

• Like 1

Just a comment on the "Media" (to show I can keep on topic) 😂

Without any shame the media has created a dialogue that holds poor Everton overly punished and unlucky to get such a punishment as opposed to the Dastardly Dou  of Citeh and Chelsea who are allowed to go unpunished as yet for destroying the clean as a whistle Professional game world wide.

The fact that Everton as a business is guilty as charged seems to be irrelevant even after being warned during the process of charging the club.

A sensible debate can be had regarding the extent of the punishment but certainly not the verdict.

Hard to believe huh?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

I love all you guys moaning about your partners’ viewing habits 🤣

Here’s a revolutionary idea, you don’t have to watch as well, unless you’re joined at the hip 🙄

She watches Grey's on her iPad before bed.  Which means I come in mid-way through the episode and get all of the self-indulgent blow ups and then the greetings card philosophy at the end. 

On a more positive note, i've been watching a series called State of Play on BritBox last two nights - it's very good! Would defo recommend

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 16:54, Backbiter said:

The Guardian website still lumping us in with City...

This is probably the only investigative journalism the Guardian has been involved in for quite a while. They like to feed on the UK rather than important international matters. 

45 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

On a more positive note, i've been watching a series called State of Play on BritBox last two nights - it's very good! Would defo recommend

Excellent.  Of course I have had a crush on Kelly Macdonald for decades so I was hooked from the start.     And then I found out she was the girl in Trainspotting too.

Written by Paul Abbott.  The American version was good too.

Anyone else think the FA and PL have managed to open up their own can of worms with the Everton points deduction? I think, if you look hard enough, the majority of PL teams will have broken a rule somewhere along the lines related to transfers/finances.

(I realise the source for this news isn’t exactly the best)

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Anyone else think the FA and PL have managed to open up their own can of worms with the Everton points deduction? I think, if you look hard enough, the majority of PL teams will have broken a rule somewhere along the lines related to transfers/finances.

(I realise the source for this news isn’t exactly the best)

I wrote the below in the transfer thread back in August
 That's the story,  wouldn't be the first time I've heard of failed medicals and other opinions sought to get deals over the line. Some of the tales around Portsmouth when Peter Storey was Chairman and a certain East-End originating Manager was in charge would make toes curl.

These two were at it the whole time they were together, hope that the truth starts to come out and the cheeky chappie characterisation that one these two enjoys is well and truly buried. They made millions each whilst honest businesses went bust through debts owed by Portsmouth when they ended up in liquidation.

They had Sky Andrew (Agent of Defoe at the time) and The Times hack who’s researched the story in White and Jordan’s show in Talksport this morning. Unlicensed Agents used to filter money out of the deal, Defoe allegedly breaking his contract with Andrew’s.  Had to stop listening just as Jordan and Andrew’s had a row (damn work getting in the way again).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Excellent.  Of course I have had a crush on Kelly Macdonald for decades so I was hooked from the start.     And then I found out she was the girl in Trainspotting too.

Written by Paul Abbott.  The American version was good too.

Presumably you've watched all of Boardwalk Empire? 

I liked her in Trainspotting but her character annoyed me in Boardwalk. 

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

Presumably you've watched all of Boardwalk Empire? 

I liked her in Trainspotting but her character annoyed me in Boardwalk. 

No none of Boardwalk Empire.  But I probably will.
The reassuring news about Trainspotting is that she was 21 when she filmed that.

1 hour ago, east lower said:

That's the story,  wouldn't be the first time I've heard of failed medicals and other opinions sought to get deals over the line. Some of the tales around Portsmouth when Peter Storey was Chairman and a certain East-End originating Manager was in charge would make toes curl.

Peter Storrie?  That makes him the new CEO of Charlton, my local team.  Not good.

6 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Peter Storrie?  That makes him the new CEO of Charlton, my local team.  Not good.

That’s the chap, mistake with my spelling of the surname. If memory serves me correctly, played for the Gooners. 

As straight as a circle, only plus side for the Addics is that there’s not too much money for him to play with.

13 hours ago, east lower said:

These two were at it the whole time they were together, hope that the truth starts to come out and the cheeky chappie characterisation that one these two enjoys is well and truly buried. They made millions each whilst honest businesses went bust through debts owed by Portsmouth when they ended up in liquidation.

I DM'd something John Hollins once told me about the Portsmouth situation to I think @Mark Kelly on the old forum.  I will share privately if you'd like me to. 

Publicly i'll only say that if even a fraction of what he said was accurate, it's deeply concerning. 

@ Mods - no intention of getting the site in any trouble, so feel free to silence me here if you deem fit.

12 hours ago, Dwmh said:

No none of Boardwalk Empire.  But I probably will.
The reassuring news about Trainspotting is that she was 21 when she filmed that.

My local side too.  Him there with Charlie Methven (of Sunderland Til I Die infamy)  in the boardoom.  Have Charlton gone out of the frying pan into the fire?

Charlton has been a proper mess for a while though, so who knows what is next there tbh.  

Edited by Bert19
Message to our Mods
  • Like 1

Usual OG rambling off point..Arsenal "hard man" Legend Peter Storey...media touted tough guy ..tried to rank him with the real Hard Men...Hunter Smith and our Man... was as related to that group as Gabby Hayes was to the "Real Cowboy Matinee Heroes".

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Usual OG rambling off point..Arsenal "hard man" Legend Peter Storey...media touted tough guy ..tried to rank him with the real Hard Men...Hunter Smith and our Man... was as related to that group as Gabby Hayes was to the "Real Cowboy Matinee Heroes".

Who is Gabby Hayes? 🤣

On 20/11/2023 at 19:45, chara said:

But most of us are Jane!........It's the International Break!.... we are all going stir (football) crazy!!!

And,,somewhere in a parallel Galaxy far away there is a TV Forum with all our partners comparing our Chelsea obsess😁👩‍🚀ion!

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate @chara’s increased use of emojis recently. A man after my own heart as well as one of the best posters here. 🤩

Sir, I salute you. 🫡💙🇺🇸🇬🇧

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1