Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Cut to the quick Jane...am I that old?

Well you said it 🤣 (I’M JOKING)

I’m not really into old westerns so had to look him up.

And I’d noticed your increased use of emojis recently too  🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well you said it 🤣 (I’M JOKING)

I’m not really into old westerns so had to look him up.

And I’d noticed your increased use of emojis recently too  🤣

It's the "International Break" innit !..to quote an expert🤴🦸‍♂️

Oh and for the Peter Storey opinion...🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️💃

• Confused 1

no idea where this goes- Telegraph
https://archive.is/JTTMR

Roman Abramovich’s £2.3bn Chelsea sale fund ‘should go to Israel’ instead of Ukraine

Exclusive: British officials rejected the proposal amid conflicting accounts of whether Abramovich or Israel tabled the sudden change

Pretty sure that Abramovich wouldn't be so gauch as to suggest this.
The problem with the distribution to "All Ukrainian victims of the war" is that Russia claims 13 ,000 civilians died in the period 2014 - 2021 during the bit that no one talks about here, and UN reckons only 9,000 civilians have died since Russia "invaded".
More have died in Gaza already.
Obviously it becomes very difficult to discuss these numbers openly.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Kurt Zouma: West Ham offer £25,000 for information after defender's house burgled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67618671

Must have been a cat burglar …

Other than Drunk'n Disorderly Ferguson, I can't think of a player I'd be less willing to burgle.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Kurt Zouma: West Ham offer £25,000 for information after defender's house burgled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67618671

Must have been a cat burglar …

If he’d have caught him, for sure he have kicked him out!

13 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Other than Drunk'n Disorderly Ferguson, I can't think of a player I'd be less willing to burgle.

I’d have given Terry Hurlock’s house a widish berth!

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/chelsea-reece-james-months-out-hamstring-injury-england-euro-2024

If this guy actually watched us and how Silva has responded to attempts to give him the armband, he might feel embarrassed for the first time in his life. Total bullshit.

This giuy's whole raison détre  is to write negatively about a club he hates (he supports West Ham) and has written quite distasteful things about on twitter in the past (mocking matthew hardings death for instance). Every possible but of disruptive or negative news he can chuck out there he does...never liked west ham much anyway but i do take particular pleasure when we beat them since this tool started writing our items in the guardian.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/chelsea-reece-james-months-out-hamstring-injury-england-euro-2024

If this guy actually watched us and how Silva has responded to attempts to give him the armband, he might feel embarrassed for the first time in his life. Total bullshit.

I'm telling you, it is the rainbow colours he is objecting to.

32 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

This giuy's whole raison détre  is to write negatively about a club he hates (he supports West Ham) and has written quite distasteful things about on twitter in the past (mocking matthew hardings death for instance). Every possible but of disruptive or negative news he can chuck out there he does...never liked west ham much anyway but i do take particular pleasure when we beat them since this tool started writing our items in the guardian.

The Guardian has always had staff that want to report on the media and nothing else.  So even the sports reporters mostly want to talk media and not football.

17 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

There are numerous images on google of him wearing the rainbow armband whilst at Chelsea, in 3 different coloured kits so on at least 3 separate occasions. Just google "thiago silva rainbow". They all featured the 3 logo, so not from this season. Seems to be the rejecting the armband only started this season and is not to do with the rainbow, maybe he is pissed off but who knows

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's an avowed Christian , objecting to a rainbow flag really doesn't seem overly Christian to me . 

It does to me.  Very.  Not C of E though, I admit.

27 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

There are numerous images on google of him wearing the rainbow armband whilst at Chelsea, in 3 different coloured kits so on at least 3 separate occasions. Just google "thiago silva rainbow".

Fair enough - that proves your point.

29 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Seems to be the rejecting the armband only started this season and is not to do with the rainbow, maybe he is pissed off but who knows

Maybe it is ownership instructions.  Maybe Poch doesn't want the rivalry.  I think Silva has moved on from it all.

Also it is one thing having a 38 yo as captain of a ego bursting group of 28 years olds who recently won the CL.  Quite another having a team of 22 yo kids captained by someone old enough to be their Dad.
That young late 70s Chelsea side with Butch, Britton, Lewington, Swain, Stanley and co.  Ray Wilkins was the captain on the pitch, not Chopper Harris who'd been club captain since 1966.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

Google image search for "Thiago Silva rainbow" and I think you'll see how quickly this theory falls apart. He's worn the rainbow armband for us on plenty of occasions across his time here, never once objecting to being handed it mid-game prior to this season. I've seen you make reference to culture on this and again think you're way off. In many ways Brazilian culture can be "traditional" and the national politics have swung massively to the right in recent years, but the country's record on, for example, same sex marriage and adoption is more in line with western European countries than much of the rest of South America. The world's biggest pride parade is there!

It isn't the rainbow armband or gay iconography.  I vaguely recall an interview in the summer where he specifically said it made no sense for him to be captain given how little time he had left here but frustratingly cannot find it now. And what is his English like, anyway? We're a long way away from Portuguese, French or Italian being common dressing room languages the way they used to be.

Edit: should really read a whole thread before replying! Can see this is well covered.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

What would be worse than Silva objecting to the flag (if true?)  would be people saying he should have no right to object.

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Probably .

Just as well I'm not saying that isn't it?

Ah, but you see people who object to really asinine displays of inclusion are the real victims. Even when no one has said anything at all to them about their objections or anyone else's "rights" and they've completely made up arguments in their head.

I assume the squad at some point tried to pin Thiago Silva to floor and force the armband on him, who knows how he got out of that one.

• Agree 1