Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Here's me thinking that being a tolerent person in a liberal society  should mean that you tolerate people thinking,  saying and  believing in things that you personally don't agree with.  

That is the point that I was making!

Only if you’re left-wing, woke, PC or follow “the message” and the “current thing”.  Or you’re - checks notes - racist*, fascist, Islamophobic, transphobic, fatphobic, a Nazi and a threat to democracy.

*Anti-semitism is fine - apparently it “depends on the context”. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Only if you’re left-wing, woke, PC or follow “the message” and the “current thing”.  Or you’re - checks notes - racist*, fascist, Islamophobic, transphobic, fatphobic, a Nazi and a threat to democracy.

The context is pretty shocking mind.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Ah yes, Ivy League colleges. 

Breeding ground for a generation of angry, confused, easily offended and hugely intolerant young they/thems. 

• Agree 1

Looking at Frank's IG he was back at the Bridge today together with, amongst others, Franco.  Gave me goosebumps looking at their picture together.  My two favourites ever.  Today's players are a disgrace to their legacy.

If only Frank could get some backers and buy the club 🙏

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Here's me thinking that being a tolerent person in a liberal society  should mean that you tolerate people thinking,  saying and  believing in things that you personally don't agree with.  

That is the point that I was making!

lol, this place is truly pathetic on some stuff. Saying you were talking a load of rubbish (you were) isn't the same as suggesting you don't have the right to talk a load of rubbish. You are very much allowed to pretend that Silva is turning down the armband because of the rainbow iconography (he isn't) and that some people have said he doesn't have a right to do that (no one has) and to be upset by these imaginings (you seem to be). 

I take it next time you disagree with someone on here that won't be disagreeing with them, it will be not "tolerating" their opinion? Desperate stuff, liberal with reality if nothing else.

41 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Looking at Frank's IG he was back at the Bridge today together with, amongst others, Franco.  Gave me goosebumps looking at their picture together.  My two favourites ever.  Today's players are a disgrace to their legacy.

Loved Frank as a player, liked zola (he was pre-broadband so I didn't see that much of him). 
But I still hold Zola (the translator for Sarri)  responsible for the Kepa LC final confusion.  And I hold Frank responsible for a lot more as manager.

Glad they are there as ex-players, they should have great memories 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Loved Frank as a player, liked zola (he was pre-broadband so I didn't see that much of him). 
But I still hold Zola (the translator for Sarri)  responsible for the Kepa LC final confusion.  And I hold Frank responsible for a lot more as manager.

Glad they are there as ex-players, they should have great memories 

Oh let it go 😡

I’m sure they are both fully aware of their failings and don’t need reminding.

I think it’s great that they both come back to SB with no hard feelings.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Ah yes, Ivy League colleges. 

Breeding ground for a generation of angry, confused, easily offended and hugely intolerant young they/thems. 

Mods..please indulge an OG...I have watched over here a few age related groups of youngsters grow up over the years....in general  a well fed, well dressed nice bunch of kids.

The overall impression is of a softness that my generation, and quite a few, after never had the luxury of or the indulgence to hide behind....most of those I have observed would not last in any school playground that I frequented...and I went to "ordinary" albeit London,,schools...not the tough areas we all knew back then.

I get the impression that this holds for many areas in the Uk..and I do appreciate the ever widening divide in the education system..here and there.

A lot of this seems to relate back to the sports world...specifically here for our game...the not too distance past gifted truly tough competitors are becoming ghosts of the past,,,greater fitness levels have produced a faster game and individual skills have improved but the real mentally and physically tough players seem few and far between....would the CL triumph in Germany have been possible with our present squad or most EPL squads today?

At the home of the opposition (in itself a travesty) goal down and basically on the ropes?..the side dug deep right to the fairy tale last penalty...consider how much fortitude and self belief it must have taken for all involved.

Just some thoughts.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Cool and Frank manger for ever, well at least until the next relegation run-in. 😀

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I'm telling you, it is the rainbow colours he is objecting to.

The Guardian has always had staff that want to report on the media and nothing else.  So even the sports reporters mostly want to talk media and not football.

I can categorically tell you that Silva does not object to it.  In fact he liked the Instagram post the club put up with Chelsea Pride's picture on it. There are other Chelsea players who most likely would object who I won't name, but Silva is not one of them.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

I can categorically tell you that Silva does not object to it.  In fact he liked the Instagram post the club put up with Chelsea Pride's picture on it. There are other Chelsea players who most likely would object who I won't name, but Silva is not one of them.

Really glad to hear that , especially as I thought he should be Captain anyway 

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a captain. If what we mean by being captain is people who communicate a lot with other players, there should always be 11 captains on the pitch. If we mean someone who can communicate with the referee, I would go for someone calm in the face of provocation. I would prefer a captain who intercedes on behalf of others rather than on behalf of themselves - so not someone who commits lots of fouls. I would prioritise availability because I like the continuity of a captain who can mostly play. I would also avoid people who are struggling with their form. Whether they come from Cobham or not is lower on my list of attributes. I may have just excluded the entire team.😀

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

A request....although we have members with "connections" at Chelsea. albeit sometimes tenuous, with your community work you appear to be only member who gets to visit and at certain levels interact with players and staff.

My question...a recurring theme on here is the alleged deeper issues at Chelsea beyond the playing results and a sign of a malaise affecting everything within and throughout the Club.

Not well defined by me but I'm sure you follow my drift.

Do you see any evidence or signs of this when you visit?....not asking you to reveal any obviously off the record observations but if there is any insight you can provide I for one would be very interested to read of it.

Respect.

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

It's pathetic to be honest, and some of these people rave about inferior ex players 

I don't understand why we can't have a go at a manager with a W1 D2 L10 record.  Defending him on his playing record or going ad hominem as a way of defending him is...  ... well 

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I don't understand why we can't have a go at a manager with a W1 D2 L10 record.  Defending him on his playing record or going ad hominem as a way of defending him is...  ... well 

There was no need for you to have a go on this occasion.  We weren’t talking about his record as a manager.

I was delighted to see a pic of him and Franco back at the Bridge, that was all.

• Agree 3

37 minutes ago, JaneB said:

There was no need for you to have a go on this occasion.  We weren’t talking about his record as a manager.

I was delighted to see a pic of him and Franco back at the Bridge, that was all.

I think the context for me was all the talk that day about Poch being pushed out and hearing of Frank and Franco back at the Bridge.
They say you shouldn't go back.