Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

22 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I think the context for me was all the talk that day about Poch being pushed out and hearing of Frank and Franco back at the Bridge.
They say you shouldn't go back.

I agree and I wasn't saying that.

• Agree 1

On 14/12/2023 at 15:43, chara said:

A request....although we have members with "connections" at Chelsea. albeit sometimes tenuous, with your community work you appear to be only member who gets to visit and at certain levels interact with players and staff.

My question...a recurring theme on here is the alleged deeper issues at Chelsea beyond the playing results and a sign of a malaise affecting everything within and throughout the Club.

Not well defined by me but I'm sure you follow my drift.

Do you see any evidence or signs of this when you visit?....not asking you to reveal any obviously off the record observations but if there is any insight you can provide I for one would be very interested to read of it.

Respect.

Hey Chara

My apologies, only just saw this. 

I would clarify I am not in any way an "ITK," and it would be impossible for me to really judge whether there is a "malaise" for sure, but I didn't really detect anything out of the ordinary. Almost everything our group does with the club is EDI and community-work related,  so I'm not really privy to any deeper stuff. I haven't got a clue about anything current on training, transfers, etc. I'm not sure we'd really ask either, because we wouldn't want to jeopardise any relationships with anyone.  And when I have heard stuff that is beyond the community work we do, it's usually not that exciting and is also partial. By that I mean it's usually the perspective of one person, and not anything I could say is resolutely true. So it's best I keep that confidential.

What I can tell you is that that there are many very good people at the club. While I look at some decisions that have been made and don't necessarily agree with all of them (the footballing ones I mean), I do absolutely believe the intentions of all concerned are good and sincere. 

Our chair has closer relations with people in the club than me, and she meets with people a lot more regularly than I have. Maybe she knows stuff but I don't think she'd tell me if she did!

Sorry to not be more interesting. I'm not one of the cool Twitter ITKs who knows more stuff about the club than the club do!

• Like 3

@Proud-Blue..Thanks for the reply and Thanks for taking my request in the spirit it was intended.

It's always interesting to read the "ordinary" impressions from people with a closer look at things albeit not deep immersion!

One of the reasons I read with great interest the match  going members views post game,

Appreciate your thoughts and views......oh and I have never read you as a ITK swaggerer !

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 07:43, Sciatika said:

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a captain. If what we mean by being captain is people who communicate a lot with other players, there should always be 11 captains on the pitch. If we mean someone who can communicate with the referee, I would go for someone calm in the face of provocation. I would prefer a captain who intercedes on behalf of others rather than on behalf of themselves - so not someone who commits lots of fouls. I would prioritise availability because I like the continuity of a captain who can mostly play. I would also avoid people who are struggling with their form. Whether they come from Cobham or not is lower on my list of attributes. I may have just excluded the entire team.😀

And that epitomise's Silva.Whether Silva doesn't want to be captain is another matter that nobody knows here.

If he hasn't been offered the captaincy  it is a disgrace and shows what(if we don't already know)what a mess we are in.

If it was up to Poch to choose the captain and he ignored Silva then he is clueless beyond belief.

Did like the way Olly Watkins responded to the Brentford supporter who had been giving glogg all afternoon when he scored the winning goal.

It was also nice that Watkins openly said the verbal being amid at him by the supporter was not racist.

• Like 2

Only watched the JT as guest episode of Obi One Podcast.

But I'm definitely going to watch the JM one which has just landed.
2 of my favourites (with a proper journalist in the background keeping it going).

• Like 2

From the Sun:

Damning stat shows how Man Utd and City have drastically lost ground this season but Chelsea are huge improvement 

Chelsea have improved on the previous campaign - despite stuttering in the eyes of many observers.

The stat shows a team's points difference from this season's results compared to the same fixtures last term.

Both United and City are on fewer points, whilst Chelsea have six more than in 2022/23.

Pep Guardiola's Treble winners have 12 fewer points, whilst their bitter local rivals are seven points worse off.

Creeping up from 12th to 10th.

The Sun is also bigging up Conor Gallagher's performances so far:

the stats prove he is BETTER than £222million midfield duo Enzo Fernandez and Moises Caicedo.

Reports suggest the Blues are open to selling Gallagher should they receive a bid of £35m or more.

But stats for this season prove that would be madness on Chelsea’s part.

Despite being up against the two of the most expensive players in history, Gallagher is dominating in just about every area of the beautiful game this term.

The South America duo are also yet to register an assist between them either, but Gallagher already has four to his name.

As for chances created, he has three more than Fernandez’s 24.

Incredibly, he also leads the way with passes made.

And Gallagher’s accuracy is unmatched too, boasting a 91.87 per cent success rate.

But it’s the industrious side of the game where he truly comes to life.

While Caicedo has made 31 tackles and Fernandez has made 35, Gallagher has 54 to his name — with 32 of those successful.

The Cobham lad has also won possession 126 times, with Caicedo the closest challenger on 88.

25 of those balls won have come in the final third, showing he’s an integral part of Pochettino’s pressing game high up the pitch.

Gallagher has even completed 24 of 37 attempted dribbles far superior to Fernandez’s 11 in 24.

The only area he is lagging behind the Argentine World Cup winner is goals.

Fernandez has three to his name after sharing penalty duties with Cole Palmer.

Edited by Backbiter

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

If Southgate plays RJ in the Euros without him playing for us for at least a month, he needs to be sectioned.

Maguire kept getting picked when he wasn’t playing, Phillips still gets picked in the squad when he’s played about 13 minutes for City in 2 years. If anyone is going to select James for the Euros, it’s Southgate.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Maguire kept getting picked when he wasn’t playing, Phillips still gets picked in the squad when he’s played about 13 minutes for City in 2 years. If anyone is going to select James for the Euros, it’s Southgate.

If so, it suggests that Southgate is unfit to be in the position. In essence, he is saying that no English CB or CM is better than a woefully unfit Maguire or Phillips. Of course, being in the squad and being on the pitch are different things. Callups to the squad may be done to help integrate the team. Having said that, in my perfect world, no Chelsea player would be in the England squad. I stopped watching it because I got fed up with large numbers of so-called England fans booing Ashley Cole and John Terry. No more.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, xceleryx said:

That's nice and all but if RJ is playing in the Euro's I'll be pretty annoyed personally.

His single focus should be getting back to playing regularly for us first.

Alternatively a good euros means saleable asset at a good price. 😳

On 23/12/2023 at 09:37, Sciatika said:

Great.  He can enjoy watching them from his holiday sessions with a PT 

On 24/12/2023 at 10:42, chrisb said:

If the Nation and medias favourite, Sir Trent Alexander Arnold is available there’ll be no need for Reece James as he is apparently the best right back/right wing back/midfielder that the world has ever seen.

Lets hope those dolts continue to believe that and Reece gets a proper break 

• Agree 1

@Mark Kellyin the mud. 😄

But on a more serious note, it's sort of what I initially assumed was the case. Don't think that little party moment earlier in the season went down well and has contributed to Noni not getting the game time he probably should've been getting until more recently. 

Edited by xceleryx

5 minutes ago, chara said:

"It took him nearly six months to realise what we expect from him".....wasn't being shown a football his first clue?.

Ceertanly a massively back handed compliment

1 hour ago, chara said:

"It took him nearly six months to realise what we expect from him"...

That he has a career in the championship 

I'll get my coat. 

Edited by ROTG

10 hours ago, xceleryx said:

@Mark Kellyin the mud. 😄

But on a more serious note, it's sort of what I initially assumed was the case. Don't think that little party moment earlier in the season went down well and has contributed to Noni not getting the game time he probably should've been getting until more recently. 

He's lying so he looks good to his media mates .

Edited by Mark Kelly