Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

11 hours ago, chara said:

"It took him nearly six months to realise what we expect from him".....wasn't being shown a football his first clue?.

Quite clear to see there is hardly any real tactical development or serious coaching happening on the training ground. It's reflected in the performances each and every week. 

Congrats to Madueke for staying ready and performing when given pity minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comparison between the Villa home game where we lost by one goal and had Gusto sent off and the Fulham one where we didnt and won by one goal.You could argue that tackle V Villa was far less a red than the one V Fulham but there were mitigating circumstances as a fulham player knocked Gusto off balance which caused him to slide into the tackle with less control. 

But what was evident was the reaction from the media to both incidents or not. With the Villa game there was no suggestion that that it might not be a red or that the red changed the game in Villas favour enough for them to get on top. Against Fulham the same media were happy to use Fulhams coaches quotes saying he should have been sent off and even suggest the result may have been different had he not stayed on. In truth it does illustrate the fine line you have in the premier league, the Palace game being another close scrappy game where there was a fine line between one, three or zero points. Something that the media rarely seem to comment on.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Approximately 2.5 years tenure for Jose at Roma right? Sounds about in line with what usually happens with him and how long it takes for his methods to peter out? 

Quite honestly it's got to be better than the 2.5 years we're currently looking at.

I'ts time we stopped deluding ourselves that Jose is still an elite coach.  He isn't anymore.  The Special One has now become "The Finished One"., bacuse that is exactly what he is now.  Finished.  Past it.  Over the bloody hill.  Kapputt.  His methods and style of play are also obsolete and defunct.  So let's not here any one calling for him to return, 3rd spells are often more unsuccessful than 2nd soells, like Howard Kendall at Everton years ago.

• Like 1

They needn't worry. The ground will probably have its usual sepulchral, contemplative atmosphere, the crowd only raising the rafters when somebody drops their iPad, or just before VAR rules a nailed-on certainty offside. There are times when I'd welcome a pitch invasion, if only because my knees kill me when I have to stand still for more than half an hour . . . . . 

39 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

They are all at it - the Times has Pallister saying much the same.
I presume it is a Middlesborough Press Office ploy - the kind of thing normally only Liverpool pull.

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

They needn't worry. The ground will probably have its usual sepulchral, contemplative atmosphere, the crowd only raising the rafters when somebody drops their iPad, or just before VAR rules a nailed-on certainty offside. There are times when I'd welcome a pitch invasion, if only because my knees kill me when I have to stand still for more than half an hour . . . . . 

Chelsea have gone with Poch blaming Potter and Lampard for the low level of support at the Bridge (not quite what he said but it is definitely how the papers have gone with it.

I remember something lie 17-20 years ago someone on here talking about visiting press conferences.  I think it was Toby, I guess Sam's equivalent then.
He said that after the conference all the hacks from the major papers got together in a room where they thrashed out the common interpretation of that days conference and more or less agreed what they would write.
I'm guessing that no one worries about being correct or even for exclusives, you only get fired for missing the big story your rivals report on.  

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Next, a paper will imply that Tommy Baldwin is mainly remembered as a United player:

Chelsea legend Tommy Baldwin dies aged 78 as tributes pour in for former Man Utd star - Mirror Online

• Angry 1