Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

6 hours ago, Backbiter said:

It is mildly amusing/irksome that we are possibly the only fanbase simultaneously derided for being savage reprobates and selfie-taking tourists. 

Not sure I see the issue with this piece, it's the sort of colour that journos would work into any pre-match coverage where there is a clear underdog. Especially when circumstances are that the underdog winning is so realistic. 

I have to say, I enjoy listening to JFH on Sky. Not only he is a Chelsea legend, he talks with authority and intelligence and he doesn't get blinded by media nonsense.

They tried to imply on Sky that Gallagher wasn't playing last night because he is being sold (despite starting EVERY game he has otherwise been available for) and Jimmy shot that down, and simply explained logically that was a game for more attacking players. 

Was also interesting to hear him say that he doesn't think we should buy anyone this window, and allow the current squad to continue to gel 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They tried to imply on Sky that Gallagher wasn't playing last night because he is being sold (despite starting EVERY game he has otherwise been available for) and Jimmy shot that down, and simply explained logically that was a game for more attacking players. 

Glad he said that.  It was clearly a game for one 6 and 2 10s, with Fernandez and Palmer being the 10s (and a proper attacker wide instead of Palmer).  So the choice was just Caicedo or Gallager at 6.

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Was also interesting to hear him say that he doesn't think we should buy anyone this window, and allow the current squad to continue to gel 

Yes there comes a point where making changes becomes an excuse not to concentrate on internal improvements.
Right now, safe with little to win in the Prem, the goal should be on Improving, moving forwards.
Fulham and Middlesborough leg 2 are the first games where I have felt we are actually moving in the right direction.

Next to do it against a stronger team.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I'd say a horrible story myself.  Guy was a complete dick, even if he was a 17 yo dick at the time, and bragged about what he was going to do ahead of the match.  Had the ball boy job because of who his Dad was.   I can't think of a single redeeming factor for him.  Hazard was given a 3 match suspension for the dick preventing play continuing and then faking an injury.

Perhaps Eden is extremely bored.  But I'm hoping the dick has offered him a huge sum of money, enough to get even Eden Hazard out of bed and on the train to Swansea, all as PR for the vodka I refuse to name.

Oh Yes I find "£200,000 to a boxer for wearing a fake tattoo" - sounds like Hazard is making a Creme de menthe.
Eden: Screw the bastard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66304636

After its launch in 2015 the brand has surged in popularity on social media following publicity stunts and celebrity endorsements.

The company has paid Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho and boxing star Floyd Mayweather to promote its products and has even given away a gold Lamborghini on social media.

After paying YouTube star-turned boxer Paul £200,000 to temporarily tattoo their bottle on his body, the brand offered to pay up to £250 for fans to have a very real tattoo on themselves, with dozens taking them up on the offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I'd say a horrible story myself.  Guy was a complete dick, even if he was a 17 yo dick at the time, and bragged about what he was going to do ahead of the match.  Had the ball boy job because of who his Dad was.   I can't think of a single redeeming factor for him.  Hazard was given a 3 match suspension for the dick preventing play continuing and then faking an injury.

Perhaps Eden is extremely bored.  But I'm hoping the dick has offered him a huge sum of money, enough to get even Eden Hazard out of bed and on the train to Swansea, all as PR for the vodka I refuse to name.

Oh Yes I find "£200,000 to a boxer for wearing a fake tattoo" - sounds like Hazard is making a Creme de menthe.

So, are you a fan of the kid or not? 😉

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Gotta say I’m with you more than the “it’s a wonderful story”.

I was at the game in question and the ball-man acted-up as soon as Swansea went ahead. Plus Eden didn’t ‘kick’ him, he tried to recover the ball by pulling the ball out of the man’s grasp by rolling it out using the sole of the boot. 

So the story should read “Over-privileged rich blokes son, apologises to real superstar”.

Anyone that puts money in the pockets of the likes of Jake Paul should hang their heads in shame. An example of where today’s society is at, all about the ‘show’ and no substance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, east lower said:

Gotta say I’m with you more than the “it’s a wonderful story”.

I was at the game in question and the ball-man acted-up as soon as Swansea went ahead. Plus Eden didn’t ‘kick’ him, he tried to recover the ball by pulling the ball out of the man’s grasp by rolling it out using the sole of the boot. 

So the story should read “Over-privileged rich blokes son, apologises to real superstar”.

Anyone that puts money in the pockets of the likes of Jake Paul should hang their heads in shame. An example of where today’s society is at, all about the ‘show’ and no substance.

I am still trying to fathom what a social media influencer is?

All i know in my younger days, too much alcohol on a friday night or Saturday influenced my behaviour  sometimes 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

All i know in my younger days, too much alcohol on a friday night or Saturday influenced my behaviour  sometimes 😀

We used to call them loud-mouths when I was a kid. And mouthing off was not deemed socially acceptable - in fact, it usually led to a smack in the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Someone who appears on social media "who to follow" lists, but no one knows why. It's a bit like "celebrity", which is someone who was famous once, but no one can remember why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

We used to call them loud-mouths when I was a kid. And mouthing off was not deemed socially acceptable - in fact, it usually led to a smack in the mouth.

Show-offs?

These days it seems to be about 'how much you show!'

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Not chelsea related - but kloppy will leave Liverpool at the end of the season. Guess that means Alonso gets the job

Likely candidate, definitely. 

Interesting development. 

25 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Not chelsea related - but kloppy will leave Liverpool at the end of the season. Guess that means Alonso gets the job

I do joke about Klopp, but he's been a fantastic manager for them. Kept them competing with one of the best teams the league has seen and won a few things too.

Alonso is a good shout, unfortunately he looks decent. 

There'll be more to this than the "I'm tired" stuff. He's been fighting a battle to keep them competitive with Man City with one-arm tied around his back and next season he'd be having to go again without Salah's goals - probably and on a far smaller budget than City.

Bayern job may well be up for grabs in the Summer also?

Just now, east lower said:

I do joke about Klopp, but he's been a fantastic manager for them. Kept them competing with one of the best teams the league has seen and won a few things too.

Alonso is a good shout, unfortunately he looks decent. 

There'll be more to this than the "I'm tired" stuff. He's been fighting a battle to keep them competitive with Man City with one-arm tied around his back and next season he'd be having to go again without Salah's goals - probably and on a far smaller budget than City.

Bayern job may well be up for grabs in the Summer also?

Word on the streets is a year off followed by Madrid 

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Could be, and would fit with the "I'm tired" narrative. 

Potter's available, Poch might be - Two candidates there for them. I was hoping that Alonso would have gone to R. Madrid but that's unlikely given Ancelotti has signed an extension. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Athletico IMO. 

fits the Klopp script, underdogs,  passionate fans and he rules the roost. 

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Could be, and would fit with the "I'm tired" narrative 

Didn't realise when I posted the above that he's sooooooo tired he's taking his two assistants with him!

Tweedle Dee #1 must change him into his jim-jams and give him his bedtime drink 

Tweedle-Dum #2 must tuck him up in bed and sing him 'you'll never steal alone" ad-infinitum until his Kloppy eyelids shut and he drops into Toxteth dreams 

• Haha 3