Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

3 hours ago, east lower said:

It’s interesting to note the different ‘language’ used in the pres in relation to our approach to the Brighton chap (yes, another one!) and Man Utd’s pursuit of Dan Ashworth.

Apparently we’re ‘poaching’ and Man United are ‘approaching’.

It’s the little things that give away the real agenda’s.

I'm context 

ManUre are going for Brighton's ex organ grinder, TB acquired his monkeys 😀

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

I'm context 

ManUre are going for Brighton's ex organ grinder, TB acquired his monkeys 😀

Widely reported (although all are quoting the same source article) that if Ashworth joins Man Utd he wants to bring in our current Chief Analyst Kyle McCauley, who was with Potter and Ashworth at Brighton. 

This is a ‘raid’ of course, not ‘poaching’.

i do wonder what we used to do without the analyst’s, performance science, sports directors etc, etc. Probably got as many things right or wrong as we do now, is the real answer.

We used to have individuals making decisions and now we have committees. If committees pull together, they can make better decisions than individuals. However, if they pull in opposite directions, their decisions are worse. Sadly, the latter is more commonly the case.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

We used to have individuals making decisions and now we have committees. If committees pull together, they can make better decisions than individuals. However, if they pull in opposite directions, their decisions are worse. Sadly, the latter is more commonly the case.

I always think it's best to have a benevolent dictatorship 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

We used to have individuals making decisions and now we have committees.

Are you saying the club has become a modern day wheel tappers and shunter club?  and do you think, Todd or Eggy  are playing Colin Crompton and ringing the fire bell, saying order, order?

I thank you 😊

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Camels and horses come to mind!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

On a similar tack, that brings to mind (for those of us old enough to remember) Leonard Sachs from "The Good Old Days" playing the role of Lee Parker ... "and now your splendiferous, sprightly, sporting supremos ..... (cries of 'oooh' ...), those magnificent, multitudinous masterpieces of mountebankery and managerial magnanimity ..... (cries of 'aaaah') ... I give you your own, your very, very own, purveyors of a panoply, nay ... a pizzazz ... of plumacious, plentitudinous, prognosticative play ..... your .... Chelsea! (cries of 'leave it out, Leonard')" ...

Post of the season!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

On a similar tack, that brings to mind (for those of us old enough to remember) Leonard Sachs from "The Good Old Days" playing the role of Lee Parker ... "and now your splendiferous, sprightly, sporting supremos ..... (cries of 'oooh' ...), those magnificent, multitudinous masterpieces of mountebankery and managerial magnanimity ..... (cries of 'aaaah') ... I give you your own, your very, very own, purveyors of a panoply, nay ... a pizzazz ... of plumacious, plentitudinous, prognosticative play ..... your .... Chelsea! (cries of 'leave it out, Leonard')" ...

To much of BBC middle class TV for me, in the same bracket as the good life and butterflies 

Doff made cap to Roy Hodgson for doing the honourable thing step down as CP coach, many on here have at sometime felt the effects of stress and understand what it does to their bodies. 

Enjoy your retirement Roy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

@ChelseaJambo

Beale found out in less than 6 weeks at Sunderland. Absolutely clown of a coach. Unlike the professional now residing at the jambo’s

They were better off employing Pete Beale from Eastenders,  and he was a right tosser!  I really couldn't understand what clubs see in him, he's done absolutely FA as a manager.  As the old saying goes "it's not what you know, it's who you know".

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

To much of BBC middle class TV for me, in the same bracket as the good life and butterflies 

I agree with you to a degree, but most of the  stuff on the BBC (and ITV and Sky) these days are absolute crap, aomed at the lowest common denominator (in plain English, ****ing  morons).

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Doff made cap to Roy Hodgson for doing the honourable thing step down as CP coach, many on here have at sometime felt the effects of stress and understand what it does to their bodies. 

Yup. He probably should have left in the summer, and the way the new coach in waiting sat in the sands at Tottenham shows the lack of class shown towards coaches these days, sitting in the stands and waiting  for the other coach to get sacked.  

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

@ChelseaJambo

Beale found out in less than 6 weeks at Sunderland. Absolutely clown of a coach. Unlike the professional now residing at the jambo’s

After an iffy start Naismith now doing a terrific job. I'm fearful he'll start appearing on threads like this linked to jobs if we keep our current form up.

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

And I hope that he stays retired - for his own longevity. It’s too stressful these days and the self-proclaimed and self-important Palace ultras (laughs uncontrollably) didn’t help him latterly.

Considering the mess he took over from Viera last season and got them mid-table they should be damn grateful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blueandproud said:

They were better off employing Pete Beale from Eastenders,  and he was a right tosser!  I really couldn't understand what clubs see in him, he's done absolutely FA as a manager.  As the old saying goes "it's not what you know, it's who you know".

He strikes me as exactly the type able to hoodwink naive or over-enthusiastic owners/chairmen and then completely fail by treating those that work for him like he's above them all. 

Listening to his post-match interviews is really hard work - bloke's just a complete management-speak bluffer. Easy to see why players wouldn't like him and why he benefitted from having a couple of big personalities above/around him as a first team coach or assistant manager.