Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

On 19/02/2024 at 15:56, ROTG said:

Doff made cap to Roy Hodgson for doing the honourable thing step down as CP coach, many on here have at sometime felt the effects of stress and understand what it does to their bodies. 

Enjoy your retirement Roy. 

I find the reporting on this pretty funny. He was sacked, clear as day. But he's happy to go along with Palace's story, and the press eat it up. Fair enough, if it suits all partied who really cares, but it goes to show how the press report on clubs when there isn't any click bait money to be made on relentlessly covering "scandals".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Don’t be silly Chara 🤨

I had to look him up and they couldn’t be more different!!!

Then my work is done Jane,silly is what I do so well😘

Edited by chara
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I wonder who will be the first person on here to call for us to sign him up again?

Or will it be the familiar saying on here about a certain coach, of went to a one team league and came second. 

I would think it's more the case of our loons in the recruitment depts paying over the odds to bring HK back to blighty.

It's a funny old game. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

I would think it's more the case of our loons in the recruitment depts paying over the odds to bring HK back to blighty.

hardly aligns with what the board have done over the last 12 months 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

hardly aligns with what the board have done over the last 12 months 

Correct. 
however, should Poch stay another season, you can bet your last dollar he might be given one wish, and the club are desperate to recruit someone who can hit the onion bag regularly and not forgetting the amount of PL miles HK has on the clock. 

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

👀

SLY Sports were also reporting that Munich have spoken to representatives of Xabi Alonso as regards becoming their new Coach and have had feedback that suggests there is a good to very-good chance that he’ll accept the offer……..mmmmm 🤔

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

ESPN soccerball analysis of our recruitment and performance so far sent to me by my American mate. I'm sure it will amuse and fascinate posters on here:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/insider/story/_/id/39578180/grading-all-28-chelsea-player-signings-todd-boehly-analysis-data-billion

Thanks for posting .

That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back 

• Haha 1

"Former Leeds United, West Ham and West Brom boss Sam Allardyce has told TalkSPORT (27/2 8:09am) that he would fly back to England tomorrow if he was handed the chance to take over at Stamford Bridge."

No mention of Warnock or McLaren 

Edited by Backbiter

48 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

"Former Leeds United, West Ham and West Brom boss Sam Allardyce has told TalkSPORT (27/2 8:09am) that he would fly back to England tomorrow if he was handed the chance to take over at Stamford Bridge."

"CFCnet members enmasse say they would fly out of England if "He" was handed the chance to take over at Stamford Bridge".......Reuters

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Allardyce can **** off.  I don't want his ugly mug fouling up the Bridge.  Ever.  Hippo faced fraud.  Let's we never ever ee him darken football's door again, like Warnock, Pulis or Redknapp.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Allardyce can **** off.  I don't want his ugly mug fouling up the Bridge.  Ever.  Hippo faced fraud.  Let's we never ever ee him darken football's door again, like Warnock, Pulis or Redknapp.

He'd still be better than Pochettino. 

54 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Hippo-faced fraud 🦛🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He'd still be better than Pochettino. 

No he bloody wouldn't, he would be 100 times worse!  What has that fat lummox ever done in the game?  FA.  His football is shit and he's shit, and so are his apologists.  Don't like Poch but Allardyce is just plain insufferable.  Not to mention a dinosaur as well, and should be extinct just like them.

2 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

No he bloody wouldn't, he would be 100 times worse!  What has that fat lummox ever done in the game?  FA.  His football is shit and he's shit, and so are his apologists.  Don't like Poch but Allardyce is just plain insufferable.  Not to mention a dinosaur as well, and should be extinct just like them.

It was said very much tongue in cheek to demonstrate exactly how shit Pochettino is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Sorry, that rant just reminded me of this 😉:

• Like 1

😁

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was said very much tongue in cheek to demonstrate exactly how shit Pochettino is. 

Point taken, but I wouldn't wish Allardyce on my worst enemy.  Well, maybe Scousers.

Edited by blueandproud
  • Haha 1