Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

39 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

The new Manager for next year might want him though... 

I hope you are not suggesting the club might be looking at our west London neighbours coach?

Could also be a lure for Toney

😀

17 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Set piece coaches are utter nonsense, that's the job for the managers.  

you're living in the past. every major club has one. 

I don't remember many complaining when TT won us the CL with Anthony Barry in the dugout. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Lukaku has won one league title in a major league, and one major cup (both at Inter)

Serial winner? behave. 

Have a word with yourself

you missed FA cup and FIFA CWC at Chelsea.  

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Have a word with yourself

you missed FA cup and FIFA CWC at Chelsea.  

He didn't win the FA Cup with Chelsea.

FIFA CWC.........ok, fine. 3 trophies. one of which has 6 entrants. 

Recruited by SFL if memory serves me.  

it’s a funny old game. 

doesn't matter who recruited him. the point being that they are very much part of the modern game. and nobody was bothered when we had one before. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

doesn't matter who recruited him. 

Yes it does 

if it comes to light his appointment is from TBSD and not a Poch appointment, then it undermines Poch’s position at the club.

Maybe Frank is a summer target for the TBSD to replace Poch and this is the beginning of the end for Poch. 

Edited by ROTG

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Lukaku has won one league title in a major league, and one major cup (both at Inter)

Serial winner? behave. 

And the Italian league is way below the standard it once was! 

As you know he played for two big clubs in England, Utd and Chelsea. The vast majority of Utd fans thought he was tripe and couldn't wait to see the back of him. During his two seasons with them he scored just one goal against a team which was in the top six at the time of playing them. A good percentage of his goals were scored when matches were already won.

Ar Chelsea he didn't score a single goal against a team which was in the top. That's 3 and a half seasons with one paltry goal against a team in the top  6. The ultimate in  flat track bullies who can't cut it for a top team in the EPL. The Graham Hick of football!

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

And the Italian league is way below the standard it once was! 

As you know he played for two big clubs in England, Utd and Chelsea. The vast majority of Utd fans thought he was tripe and couldn't wait to see the back of him. During his two seasons with them he scored just one goal against a team which was in the top six at the time of playing them. A good percentage of his goals were scored when matches were already won.

Ar Chelsea he didn't score a single goal against a team which was in the top. That's 3 and a half seasons with one paltry goal against a team in the top  6. The ultimate in  flat track bullies who can't cut it for a top team in the EPL. The Graham Hick of football!

wow, now the Italian league is a two bob league even though the club has won two PL and a CL with the guidance of Italian managers/coaches 

Obviously the 120 odd goals Lukaku scored in the PL is a fluke.  Also if you are going to write something make sure you cover all the bases which includes Everton and WBA, where he seems to hit the onion bag against top opposition. 

I guess if Jackson hits 50 goals in the PL before his pension contract finishes, you will be calling him a success and asking Todd to put a statue up outside SB. 

29 minutes ago, ROTG said:

wow, now the Italian league is a two bob league even though the club has won two PL and a CL with the guidance of Italian managers/coaches 

Sorry..I am a great respecter of viewpoints but that is pure trolling and the obvious flaws in the statement do you little credit mate.

• Agree 2

Serie A is a pale shadow of it's former self.  In the 1980's and '90's star players from all over the globe were queueing up to play there.  Nowadays, The EPL, Bundesliga and La Liga have overtaken it.  No Italian side has won the UCL since 2010, and I can't see an Italian side winning it anytime soon.  

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Obviously the 120 odd goals Lukaku scored in the PL is a fluke.  Also if you are going to write something make sure you cover all the bases which includes Everton and WBA, where he seems to hit the onion bag against top opposition. 

I guess if Jackson hits 50 goals in the PL before his pension contract finishes, you will be calling him a success and asking Todd to put a statue up outside SB. 

Completely dodging the point I made about doing at big clubs. 

There's a world of difference between playing for a West Brom and Everton than there is for big clubs at the top end of the table. Doing it where the pressure and expectations are at their highest levels  is what separates the top strikers from the likes of Lukaku. He couldn't do it.! That is a statistical, fact not an opinion!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, chara said:

Sorry..I am a great respecter of viewpoints but that is pure trolling and the obvious flaws in the statement do you little credit mate.l

appreciate the counter if it’s such a troll statement.  

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

appreciate the counter if it’s such a troll statement.  

Swiss CL triumph...Portugese EPL ....  Not arguing one way or the other regarding the merits of the Italian League but to use a successful Chelsea coach's nationality as a yardstick of their National domestic league ?

30 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Completely dodging the point I made about doing at big clubs. 

There's a world of difference between playing for a West Brom and Everton than there is for big clubs at the top end of the table. Doing it where the pressure and expectations are at their highest levels  is what separates the top strikers from the likes of Lukaku. He couldn't do it.! That is a statistical, fact not an opinion!

But he did score against the big boys, you are just trying to make a strawman based on part of his career in the PL rather than the whole of his career to date.

TBH I do give a dam about Lukaku, however people trying to make him to be such a poor player when you see the calibre of players now at the club is just comical and disrespectful.  The bottom line is had Lukalu scored 20 goals in a season as a Chelsea player and all were against fodder sides nobody would give a dam. 

it’s a funny old game 

Edited by ROTG

18 minutes ago, chara said:

Swiss CL triumph...Portugese EPL ....  Not arguing one way or the other regarding the merits of the Italian League but to use a successful Chelsea coach's nationality as a yardstick of their National domestic league ?

Both ancelotti and Conte were serial winners in there domestic league and in ancelotti also a European champion as coaches, and were both born bread and played for Italian. Hence why Roman hired them. 

Also apart from SAF and Pep, I think you will find the most successful managers who have won the PL are Italian. 

Edited by ROTG

Hastily calculated stats (and I hate them),,hope I got the figures right.

Lukaku 8 goals 36 games;;;goal every 4-5 games..Sheva 9 goals 48 games...goal every 5.3 games...Torres 20 goals ,,,,goal every 5.5

Torres and Sheva were considered to be "failures" at Chelsea considering their past form..... and I haven't even looked at Morata yet!

Both ancelotti and Conte were serial winners in there domestic league and in ancelotti also a European champion as coaches, and were both born bread and played for Italian. Hence why Roman hired them. 

Also apart from SAF and Pep, I think you will find the most successful managers who have won the PL are Italian. 

That is not my point........ Nationality of a successful coach IS not a measure of their domestic league..plus of course by a player becomes a top coach the era he played in has past..