Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

I'm loving the fact that he is so passionately negative about our club! He's so angry because he is a traditionalist. He has no idea how things are going to shake out for us, and all he can do is fall back, like an ageing lounge singer, on how the characters were "in his day". You'll have to forgive me if I have little respect for the opinions on my club of Squeaky Jamie the Spitting Cobra Carragher! 

Whew Mr Williams,,,started reading the above and thought you were talking about me! Although I missed the negative bit.

Absolutely right...stick to the Red stain on your soul Jamie..leave the Royal Blue to those who have earned the voice of dissent or agreement.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RDCW said:

I'm loving the fact that he is so passionately negative about our club! He's so angry because he is a traditionalist. He has no idea how things are going to shake out for us, and all he can do is fall back, like an ageing lounge singer, on how the characters were "in his day". You'll have to forgive me if I have little respect for the opinions on my club of Squeaky Jamie the Spitting Cobra Carragher! 

Would probably make sense for some, even well paid 'pundits' to wait until the end of the transfer window before making judgement. 

If we have 40 players in our first team squad in September I'd be worried but until then......

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Would probably make sense for some, even well paid 'pundits' to wait until the end of the transfer window before making judgement. 

If we have 40 players in our first team squad in September I'd be worried but until then......

Leaving it late aren't they? How many do you think will be sold before the end of the window? Looks like a lot of buying clubs will be getting a bargain as the club gets desperate.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Leaving it late aren't they? How many do you think will be sold before the end of the window? Looks like a lot of buying clubs will be getting a bargain as the club gets desperate.

Not sure but the window is still open so until it shuts I'll wait to pass judgement. 

We've done pretty well with pretty much everyone we've sold under the new board. Maybe it's different going forward, we are desperate and other clubs get some bargains. But maybe not. We shall see. Much like everything going on at the club currently time will tell.

Neville and Carragher tearing into us and Neville has us in his top 4 prediction, Carragher has Neto as his impact signing of the summer

Does Carragher actually think Maresca is running training sessions with 43 players in them? Maresca said himself in his presser that he trains with 22, just spreading misinformation and people latch onto it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

We seem to be getting a right shoeing from all sides of the media at the moment. 

I watched the Transfer Show on Sky Sports at 7pm this evening and thought they were very fair and offered a balanced view.

The lady presenter Vicky Gomersall even said she loved Drogba! She has done some work directly for Chelsea though.

8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

We seem to be getting a right shoeing from all sides of the media at the moment. 

Carragher , Redknapp , Murphy , banging the drum for Liverpool , Neville and Ferdinand for United , Jenas and Lineker for Spurs , Smith and Wright for Arsenal , Shearer for Newcastle . 

A very balanced viewpoint .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I usually listen to Spanish radio specifically “Cadena Ser footie news” cos I love it when the journalists from Madrid have a huge barney with the Catalan journalists - and vice versa.

they  were talking about the Gallagher transfer and I could believe it - they played a clip from the MNF programme  of carragher moaning about how many players we currently have. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I usually listen to Spanish radio specifically “Cadena Ser footie news” cos I love it when the journalists from Madrid have a huge barney with the Catalan journalists - and vice versa.

they  were talking about the Gallagher transfer and I could believe it - they played a clip from the MNF programme  of carragher moaning about how many players we currently have. 

Atleti have officially welcomed Gallagher on they're website with the headline "Beware of the Pitbull".

They obviously aren't anticipating a slick baller.  

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Carragher , Redknapp , Murphy , banging the drum for Liverpool , Neville and Ferdinand for United , Jenas and Lineker for Spurs , Smith and Wright for Arsenal , Shearer for Newcastle . 

A very balanced viewpoint .

You missed out Craig Burley.

If we take our Chelsea hats off for a moment and pretend our owners are running another top club like they are running us, then we'd all be laughing our asses off.

We are seeing a top club being in run in a way that we've never seen before, at least not in England. At this moment in time it's looked bizarre and reckless with no sign of it paying dividends. Only time will tell whether they're  groundbreaking owners well ahead of the game or complete clowns who destroyed a top club.

May I ask where is our reverand ROTG ?

Max Fowler is another MIA.

Haven't seen them around since the start of the season. I know they could both rub a few people up, but both were pretty harmless imho 

Edited by boratsbrother

27 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

May I ask where is our reverand ROTG ?

Max Fowler is another MIA.

Haven't seen them around since the start of the season. I know they could both rub a few people up, but both were pretty harmless imho 

ROTG is having a time out.

Max is back. 

• Thanks 1

I'm really glad Maresca clapped back at this during the press conference. It absolutely beggars belief that people like Carragher spent a portion of MNF genuinely claiming that we were training with that many players. I cannot believe people genuinely think we're going into the season with that number of players.

There's plenty we can critique the club about, but the attack lines in much of the media are ridiculously stupid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2