Media Stories, Rumours and Gossip

JaneB

26 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

You know, sometimes I think they don't like us very much.

Come to think about it,  the feeling is mutual. I'll carry on not giving them any money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Backbiter said:

You missed out Craig Burley.

And Chris Sutton as well as Tony Cascarino.  Two of the shittest strikers to foul up the Bridge, and Craig Burley is an imbecile as well

Edited by blueandproud
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not quite sure where to put this, but as it's media related...

I'm sure many here will be over the moon at no longer having to listen to his opinions on MotD

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13769323/Jermaine-Jenas-sacked-bbc-inappropriate-behaviour.html

Getting sacked for inappropriate behaviour is by far the most interesting thing Jenas has ever done.

Thank god for this because he was apparently a shoo in for the MOTD job after the CS leaves.  

3 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I wonder which football pundit the BBC will rope in to present the One Show. Chris Sutton? Roy Keane? 

Someone much more beige. 

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

I wonder which football pundit the BBC will rope in to present the One Show. Chris Sutton? Roy Keane? 

Who cares?  As for Jenas, good riddance.  Thick unintelligent and deluded, perfect for Talksport in other words.

• Haha 1

I thought it may have been that "coin" video of Jenas that tipped the balance but something whiffy has presumably

gone down. 

First and formost I'm glad he's gone as he was a piss poor pundit and presenter. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought it may have been that "coin" video of Jenas that tipped the balance but something whiffy has presumably

gone down. 

First and formost I'm glad he's gone as he was a piss poor pundit and presenter. 

Inappropriate texts to a female colleague apparently.

Another box ticker, that’s what he was/is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, RDCW said:

I wonder what he did! It must be open and shut if they just sacked him!

Apparently sent inappropriate texts to staff member. He was interviewed ( and agreed to interview) on TS and said absolutely fec all. Kept repeating “I can’t talk about it right now”. That’s not a good look pal. If your lawyers are involved I assume you think you’re innocent…so just say it then you knob. 

Guest Alex

On a different note about one of our own players, there have been a bunch of stories over the past year about Ben Chilwell contacting girls from OnlyFans that seem to have gone under the radar.

One of which resulted in a blackmailing case against him Gilmour and Mount. The girl was prosecuted for blackmail. Our players were of course victims, but it's not a happy story to be involved with and you do wonder if and how this played into the management's views.

Especially since it seems Chilwell didn't learn his lesson from that though and more recently there were other stories about him contacting another OnlyFans girl.

That sort of behaviour, even if from a legal perspective he's done nothing wrong, is at the least viewed as 'baggage'. 

Guest Alex

The court case for the first girl was resolved around the time Mount and Gilmour went to Utd and Brighton, while the second story about Chilwell could perhaps have contributed  Southgate's decision not to select him for the Euros and the current attitude to his status in the squad.