Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

His agent prior was his dad, no? Then he switched to Neil Fewings of the Roof Agency back in early to mid March, which I believe have connections in the northern areas. I think Mount's been set on leaving for quite some time now and it's less about him being poisoned. 

Never liked the whole way this has been dealt, particularly with the back and forward between his own PR team and the clubs. 

Would've loved for him to remain for his entire career, but quite frankly he's soured everything achieved here and I hope the home support let that be known whenever he steps foot back inside Stamford Bridge. 

One of the hardest decisions in life is choosing which (Stamford) bridge to cross and which to burn. 

10 minutes ago, kev61 said:

All this talk about lukaku's weight is wearing a bit thin.🤪

You’re 💯 right, it’s waisting all our time.

Plus all this burger stuff is nonsense………………he loves Italy so much it’s gotta be pizza, pasta, panatone and gelato 🍧 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

I always backed Mount to the hilt and I don't know whether all this stuff about him wanting out is entirely true,but trying desparately to read between the lines I think his mind has been poisoned.

Definitely. He's become a cash cow, but he is a willing partner in all this.

He's just a brand now, and a dirty little Pompey cash slut.

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Wait. What?

IMG_7349.jpeg

Well, wouldn’t that be a thing - swapping Milan allegiance’s.  Very mischievous of AC if true.

Not sure he has the stomach’s  (mischievous of me there)/balls for what would come his way if he did that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

No offence but I just can't belive this is a serious post. Pulisic is rubbish and is only at the club due to an unmoveable contract. 

Serious post. On form and when not hampered by injury or confidence in his recovery, he's been a game changer.

Too few and far between I admit but I hold out lingering hope that in the right system with the right coaching and free from injury, he's a decent squad player at least. 

I'd give him until January or the summer. 

Mount’s mind has been poisoned? Come on now.

If he truly wanted to stay then he’d have signed whatever deal Chelsea offered him. Utd have clearly offered him more and he’s taken the bag. Nothing wrong in that.

But if he had anything about him, after his miserable efforts last season (injury aside) he’d want to make amends and leave on a high if that’s what he still ultimately wanted.

But no, he clearly wants to fuck off and the club should therefore cash in.

My view on the Mount situation at this point is that we should cash in and move on. This isn’t a Lampard or Terry level player we’re talking about here. If he doesn’t want to be here, let’s take the money and move on and bring someone in that actually wants to be here and play for the club.

I don’t expect he’ll get a very warm welcome from the Chelsea fans when he returns with one of our rivals and maybe that doesn’t bother him, but nonetheless, it just feels like a bit of a shame for him to end it like this.

I don’t think it’s all down to Mount, I’m sure the club have made some poor decisions in negotiations and I have no doubt he’s being advised (in my opinion, poorly), but ultimately, if he really loved the club then he’d find a way to make this work.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

My view on the Mount situation at this point is that we should cash in and move on. This isn’t a Lampard or Terry level player we’re talking about here. If he doesn’t want to be here, let’s take the money and move on and bring someone in that actually wants to be here and play for the club.

I don’t expect he’ll get a very warm welcome from the Chelsea fans when he returns with one of our rivals and maybe that doesn’t bother him, but nonetheless, it just feels like a bit of a shame for him to end it like this.

I don’t think it’s all down to Mount, I’m sure the club have made some poor decisions in negotiations and I have no doubt he’s being advised (in my opinion, poorly), but ultimately, if he really loved the club then he’d find a way to make this work.

The rumours are that he was offered a year's extension to give both parties time to sort out a long term deal and mitigate the risk of the club's losing a good fee for him (like Caicedo for Brighton). If true then his refusal of that opportunity tarnishes his legacy more than anything else. 

A supreme irony would be if he left and we hijacked Arsenal's signing of his best mate Rice.

Edited by RDCW

13 minutes ago, RDCW said:

A supreme irony would be if he left and we hijacked Arsenal's signing of his best mate Rice.

Rice probably feels he has been in the CL wilderness for too long, and will therefore pick a team which can offer him CL football next season.

• Agree 1

Credit where credit's due. This is becoming the most effective clearing out of deadwood I've ever seen at a football club. On top of that we're getting good prices even though the doom mongers were predicting we'd need to give players away because the market knew we'd have to sell. Obviously some people will have issues with certain players leaving but at the end of the day none of them covered themselves with glory latterly and some have thrown away any goodwill they may have accrued by their actions. With another half dozen being prepared for a second round of culling it's beginning to look likely that the squad will be in a healthy position come preseason.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Rice probably feels he has been in the CL wilderness for too long, and will therefore pick a team which can offer him CL football next season.

Maybe he should think long term and choose a club that will provide CL regularly, or even CL after Christmas.

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Dangerous move to choose an Arsenal or Newcastle this year as there's a chance they won't be top 5 next year.  

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Dangerous move to choose an Arsenal or Newcastle this year as there's a chance they won't be top 5 next year.  

Who would you pick on this basis? Short of City I can't feel confident of anyone being in the top 4 every year at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Same could be said for 6 of the big 7 who will more than likely be fighting for the remaining three CL spots next season. If you assume Chitty are a given qualify.

29 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe he should think long term and choose a club that will provide CL regularly, or even CL after Christmas.

Not sure taking a pay cut is in his remit, regardless of what his long term future holds

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Same could be said for 6 of the big 7 who will more than likely be fighting for the remaining three CL spots next season. If you assume Chitty are a given qualify.

It's going to be as difficult as it ever has been to get a CL spot now, seriously.  Perhaps the PL will have to break out the old Arsene Wenger trophies for 2nd, 3rd and 4th places!

28 minutes ago, Deactivated said:

Who would you pick on this basis? Short of City I can't feel confident of anyone being in the top 4 every year at the moment. 

City, United after the takeover, Liverpool will be back and hopefully us.  5th? Who knows?

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The good news is 5th is likely to get CL next year.

Also, it's 10.15am and we haven't sold anyone yet today. Get a move on!

This year and likely forever now, given the strength of the PL.  

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Why?

Format of the competition has been rejigged (next year is the last in its current form) and it's had implications for qualification that means leagues with high coefficients will have more qualifiers. Can't remember the specifics beyond that.

The cynical answer, though, is "because of the Super League".

Edited by thevelourfog