Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

In fact, I would love to see this line-up at Stamford Bridge in a 3-4-1-2:

...etc

Next summer I'll foreswear the burgers. Must be my weight gain that put off the selector ... that and those Tweets ... 

• Haha 4

@Chelsea_Matt...the Post of the New Season....masterpiece!

My insider tells me there was an issue with CarefreeM's release clause from his home side but negations are still on going and we are still waiting for certain players to return from their exotic holiday destinations!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, chara said:

@Chelsea_Matt...the Post of the New Season....masterpiece!

My insider tells me there was an issue with CarefreeM's release clause from his home side but negations are still on going and we are still waiting for certain players to return from their exotic holiday destinations!

Brilliant, so I can get pushed even further down the pecking order. 

Still waiting for a response from @Chelsea_Matt in terms of how he's going to keep me happy. So far his man management skills have been non existent.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Brilliant, so I can get pushed even further down the pecking order. 

Still waiting for a response from @Chelsea_Matt in terms of how he's going to keep me happy. So far his man management skills have been non existent.

Keep this up and you'll be training with the kids . 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

etc.

Whatever the boss says is good with me. I'll keep me head down in training and wait for a chance to show what I can do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Goalie: Experienced, calm, commanding presence needed so as above:

GK: @chara - International goalie, great distribution and good with his hands on the keyboard as well as the ball. 

Defence - obviously had to be the mods:

LCB: @Michael Tucker - Uncompromising, can stop a wayward forum post as well as an oppo attacker with a withering put-down.

CB: @My Blood Is Blue - Quietly authoritative; can see the whole pitch as well as everyone’s views.  Forum leader and team captain. Think Thiago Silva/JT with a laptop. 

RCB: @JaneB - Defender of free speech and set pieces. Loves donkeys but plays and moderates  like a thoroughbred. Class. 

Midfield - a mix of fight and creativity:

DM: @Morgs He may be waiting for his coffee to cool but covers every topic as well as every blade of grass.

RCM: @Max Fowler Fizzing with energy and youth, Max’s all-action posts would make him an ideal box-to-box midfield marauder. Think Michael  Essien on Red Bull carrying an iPhone. 

LCM:  @Bison Just to make him link up with Chilly B. Combative, strong in the argument as well as the tackle.

RCM: @east lower Team photographer as well as the man with a killer argument - and a killer pass.

AM: @Mark Kelly Quick witted as well as quick-footed, Mr K is capable of delivering clever passes and puns with equal measure. 

Attack - a mix of lethality and withering arguments:

ST1: @ROTG Dogged, hard-going - I mean hard running academy product who’ll bless SB with divine goals. A true maverick, supporters’ folk hero and man of the cloth - so  great on crosses.

ST2:  @paulw66 The ideal partner for ROTG. Highly intelligent and dangerous - think Tore-Andre Flo armed with a sharp retort. 

Subs - strength in depth and opinion: 

@martin1905 - The man with the inside track. Great at a long pass as well as long forum posts. 

@patThenevin The rebel with a cause - loves sticking it to Todd ‘n’ Eggy as well as the opposition. 

@asvaberg  The Erland Johnsen of the forum; good in the air, especially up in the Norwegian mountains.

@Blue Kratos Short posts but big on personality. 

@Ham  Combative on the pitch as well as the forum. Cheapest name to put on the replica shirts.

@NoblyBobly Kit Kats and hilarious posts - creative genius. 

@RDCW Team wordsmith. Loves ice cream, and will have the opposition licked. Hard-hitting, eloquent forum posts make him the ultimate impact sub.

Ben Chilwell -Just to make him play with @Bison

All of this is meant affectionately - everyone here on the forum is great!🫡🩷🩶🎯 💯

I see @My Blood Is Blue as more of the Roman figure, our hero benefactor that saved CFCnet in ruinous times and built us back into a world class team. Rumours are he was going to buy some lesser forum but flew over in his helicopter

With @JaneB as the glamorous Marina G figure of course

Anyway the 1st team better hope there's no Brazillian teenagers lurking on this forum or their days are numbered!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, RDCW said:

Not happy with being on the bench, especially with second raters like the preaching goat-botherer in the side. Think I'll do a Ben White.

I would be bothered about a second rater like me. I would be more worried on how many more times you can con the FA and pass their anti-dopey test. 

Edited by ROTG
Onwards to the parish on planes, trains and automobiles.

3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I see @My Blood Is Blue as more of the Roman figure, our hero benefactor that saved CFCnet in ruinous times and built us back into a world class team. Rumours are he was going to buy some lesser forum but flew over in his helicopter

With @JaneB as the glamorous Marina G figure of course

In your dreams….and mine too sadly 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VA96 said:

Kepa £72m

Sanchez £25m

Petrovic £12m

Slonina £12m

Then potentially + Jørgensen for around £17m = £138m spent on these GKs.

Tbf, £12m isn't that bad these days for a second choice. The money is less a problem than the demented insistence on buying second choice goalkeepers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Tbf, £12m isn't that bad these days for a second choice. The money is less a problem than the demented insistence on buying second choice goalkeepers.

Petrovic will become world class when he's not playing. 

3 hours ago, VA96 said:

Kepa £72m

Sanchez £25m

Petrovic £12m

Slonina £12m

Then potentially + Jørgensen for around £17m = £138m spent on these GKs.

And none of the them fit for purpose. If I was this bad at my job I’d be fired for gross misconduct. 

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Three GK2s and two GK3s for £138m is really good going. Even for this lot. They’ve outdone themselves again. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Three GK2s and two GK3s for £138m is really good going. Even for this lot. They’ve outdone themselves again. 

Apart from the fact “they” didn’t spend over half of that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Apart from the fact “they” didn’t spend over half of that.

That’s true. But they decided to buy three keepers who are no better than Kepa. Now seemingly on to their fourth.

It’s almost impossible to achieve. But they did. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The goalkeeper situation does seem very strange. We appear to just be sticking up on bang average goalkeepers, without having one truly top quality option.

The whole recruitment policy reeks of poor planning or no planning at all. 

GK: we are about to buy our fourth keeper under this lot. All in similar age brackets and not a lot between them. 

Defenders: we are stockpiling CBs. Disasi, Badiashile, Fofana, Adarabioyo, Koulibaly. Now seemingly buying Anselmino. None so far has managed to stake a clear claim for CB1 and CB2. Instead we’ve seen Colwill and Chalobah being the best performing CBs out of this lot. Chalobah about to be sold for no reason other than “paper profits”. 

Midfielders: how many young CMs can a club acquire? Casadei, Santos, Ugochukwu, Chukwuemeka, Kellyman, Dewsbury-Hall, Veiga, Caicedo, Lavia, Fernandez. That’s 10 CMs in 3 windows. 

Attackers: Guiu, Nkunku, Mudryk, Palmer, Jackson, Washington, Angelo, Morerira, Fofana, Sterling, Madueke, Aubameyang

It’s a scatter gun approach. Now we are seemingly looking to sell Casadei and Fofana. Presumably because we are buying a whole host of new players who need a loan (Wiley, Anselmino and still quite a few of our purchased “prospects” will have to accept U21 football this season. 

I don’t mind us buying young prospects. Take Paez and Estevao. Those makes sense. But buying second or third tier youngsters and have them replace our academy players makes no sense at all. Burning money for the sake of burning money. Someone is making a lot of money off the back of our strategy. I think there is something that smells here. Wouldn’t be surprised if something untowards popped up soon. 

Edit: oh, and we are apparently trying to sign Samu Omorodion for €70m (!!!). Top class striker you may think? Nope. 35 senior games in La Liga. 8 goals. Another average player at a world class fee. We aren’t even doing a Brighton. We are doing something no one has ever done. A classic Chelsea. Buy crap high, sell quality low. Then pretend you are doing something innovative. Biggest shams in modern football. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

13 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

And none of the them fit for purpose. If I was this bad at my job I’d be fired for gross misconduct. 

They want a goalkeeper to compete with Sanchez, we already had that in Petrovic who they stuck on a 7 year contract, from what I’ve read Jörgensen isn’t much better, I can’t understand the point of it. Don’t think it’ll be long until Sanchez starts dropping clangers again either and we’ll be going round in circles. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

They want a goalkeeper to compete with Sanchez, we already had that in Petrovic who they stuck on a 7 year contract, from what I’ve read Jörgensen isn’t much better, I can’t understand the point of it. Don’t think it’ll be long until Sanchez starts dropping clangers again either and we’ll be going round in circles. 

OK..tried to keep away from the keeper "debates"...my stance is not so much we don't need an upgrade it's who and who is available...clubs don't willingly part with top level players and fortunately the TC's of the game are not in the majority.

On a good day Sanchez is better than Petr, by the same token,  on a good day Petr is the better keeper....which one has more good days than the other?

I always feel a bit nervous when Sanchez plays and a bit more relaxed when Petr is there.

Just my humble opinion and not an argument one way or another.

The "new' name in the frame...have no real knowledge of his worth but am a bit cautious given I seem to be reading Kepa pre Chelsea kinds of reviews...and Flip for a keeper. 🙄Really!

• Agree 1