Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

A sale of a homegrown player is huge for us in terms of FPP. Moreover, that is a solid offer that personally I would accept. I am not convinced Gallagher has what it takes to make it here. I'd even accept a lesser amount if Everton would agree to a buyback clause in a couple of years time. 

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

How did the club miss Yasin Ayari for £5 million. Guaranteed to be worth ten times the fee by the summer. 

Watched much of him?

Gallagher would be an absolute moron to go to Everton. And I don't think he's a moron. Even in a transfer window where Clearlake have repeatedly made a mockery of ruling things out, I'd rule this one out.

If the latest rumours are to be believed, Chelsea have now offered €120m (which is the release clause) for Enzo, however they are offering to pay it over 2/3 years. Apparently it is down to Rui Costa to now make the decision, but he is under pressure from Chelsea, Enzo himself and other members of the Benfica board to accept it.

Enzo apparently did not train today to try and increase the pressure.

54 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Watched much of him?

Gallagher would be an absolute moron to go to Everton. And I don't think he's a moron. Even in a transfer window where Clearlake have repeatedly made a mockery of ruling things out, I'd rule this one out.

I think its a good deal for him. Regardless of the mess they are in now, they are a fairly big club. He will be first name on the team sheet, and arguably their most important player. I imagine he will see a decent wage increase too, plus I cannot see how his team will not be including a relegation release clause fee as part of this deal. If they do go down, then he will be off somewhere new.

The downside for us is he has been quite an important players in the last 3 games, but mid - long term I think he has little future here. His game lacks the technique needed to succeed here and that is displayed in most games he plays, despite him playing well in recent games.

It will be sad to see him go, but he has a chance to create cult status for himself there. Whilst still having the opportunity to move further up the ladder if the move works out well for him. Past this season at Chelsea, he is only likely to be a squad filler here.

Just now, Thiago97 said:

I think its a good deal for him. Regardless of the mess they are in now, they are a fairly big club. He will be first name on the team sheet, and arguably their most important player. I imagine he will see a decent wage increase too, plus I cannot see how his team will not be including a relegation release clause fee as part of this deal. If they do go down, then he will be off somewhere new.

I'm not as optimistic or positive of you in my assessment of Everton. The mess they're in is not just an immediate, short-term one. It's the product of years of terrible management at a senior and football level. The amount of money they have spent on players, the turnover players, the current hodge podge of a squad, the way they go through managers ... I think it's a minor miracle they stayed up last year and it'd be an even bigger one if they managed it this season. They're a club I think any conscientious young player would do well to avoid, especially if the likes of Newcastle or Palace are interested.

The rumours and reports are changing from minute to minute, but currently it seems he's immediately not interested. 

I agree he's useful, but not the quality we need. And if it's a home grown sale that we really need for FFP purposes, he's the one to look at even if (actually specifically because) there are less useful home grown players here.

20 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm not as optimistic or positive of you in my assessment of Everton. The mess they're in is not just an immediate, short-term one. It's the product of years of terrible management at a senior and football level. The amount of money they have spent on players, the turnover players, the current hodge podge of a squad, the way they go through managers ... I think it's a minor miracle they stayed up last year and it'd be an even bigger one if they managed it this season. They're a club I think any conscientious young player would do well to avoid, especially if the likes of Newcastle or Palace are interested.

The rumours and reports are changing from minute to minute, but currently it seems he's immediately not interested. 

I agree he's useful, but not the quality we need. And if it's a home grown sale that we really need for FFP purposes, he's the one to look at even if (actually specifically because) there are less useful home grown players here.

Agree completely they have been run dreadfully the last 5 years. I just don’t think that can continue and at some point, the club will start to turn around. They have a core nucleus of 4-5 decent players there, that with Gallagher and the right manager in charge, they can become a different team next season. The peak Everton of Moyes, Ancellotti , Koeman era is pretty much Gallagher’s level in my opinion. I don’t think they are as far away from that as many others do. It will be interesting to see if Dyche is the man to run things around. 

5 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Agree completely they have been run dreadfully the last 5 years. I just don’t think that can continue and at some point, the club will start to turn around. They have a core nucleus of 4-5 decent players there, that with Gallagher and the right manager in charge, they can become a different team next season. The peak Everton of Moyes, Ancellotti , Koeman era is pretty much Gallagher’s level in my opinion. I don’t think they are as far away from that as many others do. It will be interesting to see if Dyche is the man to run things around. 

Off topic but I think Dyche keeps them up. I think the defence is better than the performance that Lampard got out of them. A core of Pickford, Coady, Tarkowski, Gray, McNeil, Calvert Lewin seems pretty well suited to Dyche in my opinion. They are just pretty horrific in midfield. 

2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Sorry but we absolutely have to take that sort of cash for someone that I don't think is a long term starter here - 

This. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd rather see others leave way before Gallagher, personally.

That command that sort of fee?

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

. I'd much rather have Gallagher backing up than RLC for example.

Turning down an offer of 45m for a back up, is a luxury I am not sure we can afford when we are splashing the cash. 

The sale of RLC is going to generate a fraction of that.

2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

There are loads of players i'd see go before him... but how many of those command a fee this big? Sometimes you have to do things out of sequence. The time for selling Pulisic, Ziyech etc will come.

This.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If £40m really is being offered, I reckon that's pretty much the most we can ever expect for him.

Yup. I put Gallagher and Chalobah in the same bracket. Good players, but never going to be players you would, with a fully fit squad, pick for a CL final, or a top of the table title deciding clash against your biggest rivals....

Which is why Everton are the ones offering the money.

That said, I hope he doesn't go there. He's better than that. I'd also keep him around until the summer if possible, then make the call

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

According to Sky, Gallagher has no interest in joining Everton, however several other PL clubs including Newcastle are interested.

Why would he? Awful city, terribly run club in possibly the worst position in its history!

4 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Why would he? Awful city, terribly run club in possibly the worst position in its history!

Indeed. I’m kind of hoping he stays as he’s a decent player but I can fully understand why the club would be looking to sell. 

Cesare Casadei has joined Reading on loan until the end of the season.

Good move for him, he’s been brilliant in the U21s, so great chance for him to step up and see if he can do it in a senior league.

I do think he’ll be a genuine option for us sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted saying that Arsenal are in for Jorginho!!

This transfer window seems to get crazier by the day…

Just saw that as well, that would be unexpected and bizarre.

I can’t see the club selling him to Arsenal unless it’s a big fee.