Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Was that not the same argument used this time last season with the Cucurella link and eventual signing.

Same club same hype. Who knows maybe after 100 days of Poch he will get replace by de-zebi 😃

It's a funny old game and I'll get my coat 

Yeah I have to say I didn't watch Brighton much last season but this season followed them a lot because I had players in my FPL - Caicedo absolutely destroyed Arsenal and many others - he can play in so many positions (across midfield, wing-back).

It's risky to say this - but in a time when players are soft Caicedo seems to be this Ecuadorian mentality monster who just constantly goes flying into challenges and gets away with it, plays nearly every minute - great on the ball - huge influence.

Don't forget Caicedo helped guide Brighton to 6th and Cucurella 9th.

Honestly I wish Cucurella just shaved his head - you can't do anything good in football with that hairstyle.

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The jokes about burgers, and potential sponsorship from Cobham Doughnut Emporium and Just Eat never get old. 🤣

Beg to differ.

57 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not if you look a the clubs balance sheet and only playing one game per week next season.

"Ampadu is fit for purpose under the club current circumstances"

The clubs balance sheet and the amount of games we play has literally no bearing on whether or not Ampadu is good enough to play for Chelsea.

49 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Nice mid table bar set there

Sorry yeah you're right, but we need someone to play back up to Ampadu. 

I am certain at this point you're just here to troll.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

No point in wasting more money, and the likes of Ampadu can do a job especially with the team playing one game a week next season

How can Ampadu be in any good?

We bought him from Exeter and they haven't even been in the Premier League let alone mid table in it.

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How can Ampadu be in any good?

We bought him from Exeter and they haven't even been in the Premier League let alone mid table in it.

Big picture - Playing one game a week, risk to injuries should be a lot lower, therefore Poch will have a core squad of 18-20 players, similar to Conte first season. There is little risk in having someone like Ampadu in the squad because his minute will probably be limited. The club certainly does not need to spend another 10-20m "with our TBSD more likely 30-40m" on a back up DM player, when there are players at the club who can play that position as BU for zero outlay.

Therefore the club needs to cut it cloth appropriatly for next season

Edited by ROTG

41 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Beg to differ.

The clubs balance sheet and the amount of games we play has literally no bearing on whether or not Ampadu is good enough to play for Chelsea.

Sorry yeah you're right, but we need someone to play back up to Ampadu. 

I am certain at this point you're just here to troll.

Don’t be grumpy. It’s Friday and Rom could be a competitive eater if he can’t find a club 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

It's risky to say this - but in a time when players are soft Caicedo seems to be this Ecuadorian mentality monster who just constantly goes flying into challenges and gets away with it, plays nearly every minute 

That’ll change as soon as Anthony Taylor spots the Chelsea badge on his shirt!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Don’t be grumpy. It’s Friday and Rom could be a competitive eater if he can’t find a club 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It does make you wonder where his head is ( in a trough probably) 

Doesn't want to come back to Chelsea 

Doesn't want to go to Saudi as he wants vast amounts more money than they're offering 

Inter playing paupers and Chelsea saying no more loans .

He's a laughing stock by his own hand.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Doesn't want to go to Saudi as he wants vast amounts more money than they're offering 

“in a trough” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Honestly ROTG did you see Caicedo last season?
Twice the player of Macallister - IMO already the 2nd best CM in the league behind Rodri.

There's a reason why Brighton fans voted Caicedo ahead of MacAllister in their player of the season awards.
MacAllister didn't even get top three btw..

How am I agreeing with Celery?

The short answer is - money! Tuchel may still go for Rice but its a huge outlay for them.

Sense he rates Rice higher than Caicedo - I feel the opposite. 

It would be quite amusing if, having given up the pursuit of Caicedo, Arsenal lose out on Rice to Bayern!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Giving Lukaku the benefit of the doubt (which he probably doesn't deserve) I see his wage demands to move to a Saudi club being along the lines of "if you want me to give up playing in a top tier league like Italy, England, Germany, etc., where I can win meaningful trophies, then I expect you to pay me a hell of a lot more than £20m a year!"

Just now, RDCW said:

It would be quite amusing if, having given up the pursuit of Caicedo, Arsenal lose out on Rice to Bayern!

It's Arsenal , every year they're going to sign everyone whilst the season ticket renewals are ready and low and behold nothing happens . 

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Giving Lukaku the benefit of the doubt (which he probably doesn't deserve) I see his wage demands to move to a Saudi club being along the lines of "if you want me to give up playing in a top tier league like Italy, England, Germany, etc., where I can win meaningful trophies, then I expect you to pay me a hell of a lot more than £20m a year!"

Yeah I do understand that but he does have a monstrous ego and is obviously also forgetting they can pay him what they like they've got to buy him from us first.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's Arsenal , every year they're going to sign everyone whilst the season ticket renewals are ready and low and behold nothing happens . 

Yeah I do understand that but he does have a monstrous ego and is obviously also forgetting they can pay him what they like they've got to buy him from us first.

I doubt he's forgetting that at all. I'm sure the transfer fee would be absolutely no problem for them given that we are desperate to get shot. I get the impression terms with the player more often than not get all but wrapped up before terms with the club. Why negotiate for a player that doesn't want to come or is unobtainable?

14 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I doubt he's forgetting that at all. I'm sure the transfer fee would be absolutely no problem for them given that we are desperate to get shot. 

Every other player the Saudi's have signed so far has been a free agent and from what I can glean there is a central body signing the players and then deciding at what team to place them in .

The only way Lukaku goes to that league under that system is if he buys himself out of his Chelsea contract and then signs with the Saudis as a free agent which is probably why he is complaining about the low ball offer as he'd have to use a fair chunk of that to pay us off.