Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

Enzo 8 year contract is work jack sh1t should a top european club come knocking and Chelsea are still without European football .

What it will mean is his price is protected unlike someone like Rudiger who the previous administration sold for  "check's notes" nothing.

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Sad as I am to see Kova go , 40 million is a good price 

Best thing for all parties…………..also sad to see him leave, but last season was far from his best.

Think he’s got all the qualities to be a massive hit at Man City. 

Seems a fair deal too!

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I do think we’ve signed some very talented youngsters, but they need the right structure around them to now flourish… my worry is a lack of leadership in our squad, which may end up meaning we loan them out for too long.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He’s gone, I did not see this one coming and I’m shocked to even have to write this, but Bakayoko has left the club!

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/retained-list-and-goodbye-to-bakayoko

What a truly awful signing!

And the truly worse thing was he was very clearly the worst midfielder or forward in that quite good Monaco side. 

We ignored the good ones and chose the worse one. Mind you Thomas Lemar was as disappointing, but he at least looked the part in that side.

20 hours ago, RDCW said:

Sounds to me like Arsenal and Chelsea have had a word with each other and agreed a no compete deal for Rice and Caicedo respectively!

Is that wise though? I don’t watch enough football to know if he plugs the gaping hole in our midfield, but Rice might and would probably stop Mount from leaving. I’d be looking at the opposite arrangement.

12 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Striker update: Poch pushing for Martinez…

IMG_7310.jpeg

IMG_7311.jpeg

Before anyone else jumps on Martinez saying he's terrible - 28 goal contributions in 38 games last season. 
Compare that to 8 goal contributions in 35 from Havertz

If Poch wants him that bad - I say GO GET HIM!!!

He looks cool as f*** as well - Cucurella take note of his new London barber and GET YOURSELF SIGNED ON!

Argentinian connection with Enzo too?!?!

These South Americans have a different level of mentality vs the sausage eaters Havertz and Werner

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

These South Americans have a different level of mentality vs the sausage eaters Havertz and Werner

This is true, around Martinez at least. I've watched quite a bit of Serie A last season and he plays each match like it's his last. I still do not believe he's the solution for us from a position perspective as he's played for so long alongside Lukaku or Dzeko taking advantage of space created but I love his aggression. 

15 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Dujon Sterling released? 18 months ago he was tipped to break into the first team. Seems odd.

Never really developed as we’d hoped though, despite a couple setback injuries, disappointed to see Lawrence go personally as he looked very good in PL2, mind you so did Castillo a few years ago and after some bad loan moves his development went south. 

Edited by Floyd25

2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

This is true, around Martinez at least. I've watched quite a bit of Serie A last season and he plays each match like it's his last. I still do not believe he's the solution for us from a position perspective as he's played for so long alongside Lukaku or Dzeko taking advantage of space created but I love his aggression. 

If Poch believes he can play 9 - I believe in Poch!!!

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He’s gone, I did not see this one coming and I’m shocked to even have to write this, but Bakayoko has left the club!

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/retained-list-and-goodbye-to-bakayoko

What a truly awful signing!

I seem to recall the Shed chanting “Timo Bakayoko, together with Ngolo, they never give the ball away”. 
Shame it didn’t last. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I seem to recall the Shed chanting “Timo Bakayoko, together with Ngolo, they never give the ball away”. 
Shame it didn’t last. 

In the Mathew Harding it developed into “he always gives the ball away”

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So it looks as though we’re signing Nicolas Jackson… I had never heard of him until yesterday. Not saying that means anything necessarily, but I hope the new scouting department get this one right.

Stacked with young strikers now, guess that means goodbye Broja and Fofana, on loan at the least, expect Broja will go permanently. 

Edited by Floyd25

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So it looks as though we’re signing Nicolas Jackson… I had never heard of him until yesterday. Not saying that means anything necessarily, but I hope the new scouting department get this one right.

I will admit I wasn't familiar with him but having watched some game comps and highlights I can see clearly what his attributes are and they are things we lack. Pace and physicality up front. Technically he looks very clean too. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

In the Mathew Harding it developed into “he always gives the ball away”

Remember that too - about 2 months later. Wondered whether we’d all been deluded, or what had happened …

From David Ornstein at The Athletic:

Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Villarreal forward Nicolas Jackson.

The 21-year-old, who has a €35million (£29.8m) release clause, has committed to the west London club.

Chelsea intend to negotiate with the La Liga club to complete the deal and bring the Senegal international to Stamford Bridge this summer.

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Shame it didn’t last. 

The very next game if I recall.