Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Before anyone else jumps on Martinez saying he's terrible - 28 goal contributions in 38 games last season. 
Compare that to 8 goal contributions in 35 from Havertz

If Poch wants him that bad - I say GO GET HIM!!!

He looks cool as f*** as well - Cucurella take note of his new London barber and GET YOURSELF SIGNED ON!

Argentinian connection with Enzo too?!?!

These South Americans have a different level of mentality vs the sausage eaters Havertz and Werner

One of the issues with L.Martinez, and many Inter supporters will echo similar, is that there's no real middle ground with him. He either looks absolutely class or resoundingly bad, the latter can really hamper the side as a whole. 

He's better than what we have, but also not really a true #9 either and always does better alongside another CF. 

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

True. Mentality though? Don’t think so! Fluffed far too much to be deemed to have the right mentality.

If you'r talking about "mentality", then on your analysis 75% of  players we have employed over recent years are defunct  above the neck.

That is a possibility,  no argument here - but it is more likely we have no players and a manager that others look up to and promote team spirit.We have a bunch of mercenaries on a huge wage intertwined with players that just are not good enough.

I said before I'm looking forward to Poch getting rid of players before he recruits.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If you'r talking about "mentality", then on your analysis 75% of  players we have employed over recent years are defunct  above the neck.

That is a possibility,  no argument here - but it is more likely we have no players and a manager that others look up to and promote team spirit.We have a bunch of mercenaries on a huge wage intertwined with players that just are not good enough.

I said before I'm looking forward to Poch getting rid of players before he recruits.

I suppose we need to listen to aesop in 'the hare and the tortoise'.We need to be more of a tortoise than a hare in the future.

23 hours ago, ROTG said:

Potential for what getting in to the top 10, top 6, top 4, relegated  - be a bit more specific

Potential over the next five seasons. It has potential to be a steady top four side over time. Add a few more diamonds to that squad and it’s a steady title challenging side imo. 

9 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

True. Mentality though? Don’t think so! Fluffed far too much to be deemed to have the right mentality.

You’re mistaking attitude and mentality (same thing) for (in my view) Timo being a combo of not being quite good enough and at times very unlucky. 

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

What it will mean is his price is protected unlike someone like Rudiger who the previous administration sold for  "check's notes" nothing.

Let put it like this, should a team come knocking it doesn’t mean you get your money back, especially if the team is languishing mid table and the player says he wants out.  Big nose forced a move and the club were top of the shop. 

As for Rudi he gave us 4 great years and delivered everything so having one’s head turned by RM is no big deal. Even if he signed do you think he would have hung around after last season debacle?

36 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You’re mistaking attitude and mentality (same thing) for (in my view) Timo being a combo of not being quite good enough and at times very unlucky. 

No attitude is did. he try his hardest. Mentality is can he deliver when needed. No he couldn’t.

honestly these tweets are driving me nuts about mudryk - complete twitter jerk off player and could be the next Havertz flop. Zero expectation that he will do anything next season yet Twitter fanboys when he makes a simple cross in a simple international game go absolutely nuts.

did not expect that!!! 

Edited by Max Fowler

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Potential over the next five seasons. It has potential to be a steady top four side over time. Add a few more diamonds to that squad and it’s a steady title challenging side imo. 

Love your optimism, even thought I am not aligned with it.

should the rumour be true on the club buying a striker who only been wanted before by the Bournemouth and Southampton, sum up the mind set of the whole TBSD set up.

33 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Werner has always needed a huge amount of chances to score and plays better running off the shoulder of the defender - in the Bundesliga he got those chances and the space, in the Premier League he didn’t.

He looks a shadow of the player he was though.

11 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So it looks as though we’re signing Nicolas Jackson… I had never heard of him until yesterday. Not saying that means anything necessarily, but I hope the new scouting department get this one right.

Yeah- shows the level TBSD recruitment Only interested parties before hand Bournemouth and Southampton. 
If he was any good, you would suspect Aston Villa would be taking interest. 

would bet money, between Jackson, D Forfana, Broja they will struggle to get a combined total of 15 goals in the PL next season. 

11 hours ago, Bison said:

I will admit I wasn't familiar with him but having watched some game comps and highlights I can see clearly what his attributes are and they are things we lack. Pace and physicality up front. Technically he looks very clean too. 

Do you have links? 

12 hours ago, Bison said:

I will admit I wasn't familiar with him but having watched some game comps and highlights I can see clearly what his attributes are and they are things we lack. Pace and physicality up front. Technically he looks very clean too. 

Being careful here as it is a highlight reel. But essentially yes, he does seem to have a lot of qualities that we have sorely been lacking up front and that neither Lukaku nor Havertz can give us. A level of dynamism. He reminds me of a young Adebayor/Aubameyang type player. 

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Barella for Lukaku… Won’t someone just take him please…

Lukaku is rapidly becoming the next George Weah........Jnr.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

How many are asking to become the highest paid player at the club? 

To be fair, take a look at the players that already are the highest paid and you can see his point.

52 minutes ago, ROTG said:

should the rumour be true on the club buying a striker who only been wanted before by the Bournemouth and Southampton, sum up the mind set of the whole TBSD set up.

Not saying you're wrong to question interest in Nicholas Jackson however following your reasoning we may as well dump our scouting department and just gazump deals offered by the top 6? Yeah, I guess that could work but it would end up being pricey, even more than it already is.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Lukaku is rapidly becoming the next George Weah........Jnr.

To be fair, take a look at the players that already are the highest paid and you can see his point.

More like his fake cousin Ali Dia 🤣

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

Oh great, another kid with just potential.

Best of luck Potch, you gonna need it.

With bids coming in from Saudi Arabia for Ziyech, Koulibaly and others, (and players said to be keen) it's now clear what that meeting between TB and the Sheikhs a few weeks ago were all about.

If it comes off, fair play Todd 👍

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Not saying you're wrong to question interest in Nicholas Jackson however following your reasoning we may as well dump our scouting department and just gazump deals offered by the top 6? Yeah, I guess that could work but it would end up being pricey, even more than it already is.

It depends on which view you take and there is “was” a compromise. It’s ok to buy prospects as long as your first team is functional. Up to last season the team was functional, for whatever reason the tweaks recruited last summer to keep the team fictional backfired.  The club were in a position to readdress the situation in January with a newly appointed recruitment department. However instead of going for player to stabilise and put the team back on track, they decided to freely spend money on non essential personnel, without coach consultation or understanding the consequences of bloating an already depress squad, FFP and everything that goes with being a mid table team. 

New it seems a case of hitting a reset button and blaming all the players from the previous regime and showing them the door and replacing the with mediocre replacements without understanding the full consequences. 

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

If it comes off, fair play Todd 👍

Very hypocritical by TB.
Removing everything to do with RA, yet happy to deal with the Saudi’s 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

At this stage I'm just happy someone actually wants to be here .

Maybe it for the money?