Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Yeah- shows the level TBSD recruitment Only interested parties before hand Bournemouth and Southampton. 
If he was any good, you would suspect Aston Villa would be taking interest. 

would bet money, between Jackson, D Forfana, Broja they will struggle to get a combined total of 15 goals in the PL next season. 

Why does it matter who were linked before ? He is 21 years old . I’ve not seen him play and have no opinion on him. 
Players can improve hugely from his age now. Kane was on loan at the likes of Leyton Orient and Spurs agreed 700k fee with Leicester after a lower league loan. 
Players can also improve for a change of league. Maybe the slower and more technical nature of La Liga does not suit him as much as a quicker and more physical league like PL.

So many other factors to consider, rather than the level of club who is interested in him previously, and his goal record at 21 playing less than 100 games . 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

It depends on which view you take and there is “was” a compromise. It’s ok to buy prospects as long as your first team is functional. Up to last season the team was functional, for whatever reason the tweaks recruited last summer to keep the team fictional backfired.  The club were in a position to readdress the situation in January with a newly appointed recruitment department. However instead of going for player to stabilise and put the team back on track, they decided to freely spend money on non essential personnel, without coach consultation or understanding the consequences of bloating an already depress squad, FFP and everything that goes with being a mid table team. 

New it seems a case of hitting a reset button and blaming all the players from the previous regime and showing them the door and replacing the with mediocre replacements without understanding the full consequences. 

Very hypocritical by TB.
Removing everything to do with RA, yet happy to deal with the Saudi’s 

Maybe it for the money?

Seriously get a grip mate. It has nothing to do with values, rather self-preservation. We simply could not have ties to Russia - reasons why should he clear. 

Talking about bad signings being made by the previous regime (oh how many were they really over the years? Honestly lost count…). 

Bakayoko finally released by the club. That was £40m wasted plus whatever wage he has pocketed for five seasons..

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Seriously get a grip mate. It has nothing to do with values, rather self-preservation. We simply could not have ties to Russia - reasons why should he clear. 

Talking about bad signings being made by the previous regime (oh how many were they really over the years? Honestly lost count…). 

Bakayoko finally released by the club. That was £40m wasted plus whatever wage he has pocketed for five seasons..

You speak as if other clubs don’t make bad signings. And we have hindsight of course. What about the good ones we made? Maybe there were one or two. 👀

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

New it seems a case of hitting a reset button and blaming all the players from the previous regime and showing them the door and replacing the with mediocre replacements without understanding the full consequences. 

I don't think it's a question of "blaming" the players (although their collective attitude did seem to suck at times) but rather taking the opportunity of undertaking the root and branch clear out we've all been calling for for a number of years, irrespective of the potential short term consequences. I would also argue that for every player moved on this summer there will be at least one or two on this forum that would agree with each decision. That was certainly true with Jorginho and so it will be with Mount, I'm guessing, if and when the time comes. Ultimately the sqaud did need a revamp and, while drastic, that is what is being attempted.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Very hypocritical by TB.
Removing everything to do with RA, yet happy to deal with the Saudi’s 

Taking their money to offload our rubbish? Totally. We're not asking them to invest in the club.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You speak as if other clubs don’t make bad signings. And we have hindsight of course. What about the good ones we made? Maybe there were one or two. 👀

It was a direct comment to ROTG who claims making bad signings is something new for us as a club and that the previous regime were so much better than Boehly. Yes we have made bad signings over the last 12 months. But equally, the previous regime made a tonne of bad signings as well. 

35 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It was a direct comment to ROTG who claims making bad signings is something new for us as a club and that the previous regime were so much better than Boehly. Yes we have made bad signings over the last 12 months. But equally, the previous regime made a tonne of bad signings as well. 

And a tonne of good ones too. Gotta be fair man. 

4 hours ago, Ham said:

With bids coming in from Saudi Arabia for Ziyech, Koulibaly and others, (and players said to be keen) it's now clear what that meeting between TB and the Sheikhs a few weeks ago were all about.

If it comes off, fair play Todd 👍

Sorry to quote myself but......... 😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Taking their money to offload our rubbish? Totally. We're not asking them to invest in the club.

If they start paying transfer fees surely that is investing even if it only for one day. 

59 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Regardless of the bad signing the club delivered silverware, which now seems a dream light years away. 

There is nothing apparent which show the club is not on the same trajectory as Everton. Not  forget Everton tried to arrest their downward trend by hired Carlo who subsequently jumped ship after one season. 

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hand up. It was a bit OTT with the RA bit, however the bottom line, TB & Co have put their trust in running and recruitment of the club in the hands of 3 scouts.

No other top PL has been that naive. Look at the toon. New owners went and got Dan Ashworth the real brains behind the Brighton recruitment department and look at how they structured their recruitment without rocking any boats. 

Even the dippers have brought in a retired director of football person to help out with this summers recruitment.  They didn’t turn to Micheal Edwards number 2 or their scouting department. 

Maybe you will get my drift and understand why I have doubt, if not we can  keep the summer interesting with more differences of opinion  👍

31 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Hand up. It was a bit OTT with the RA bit, however the bottom line, TB & Co have put their trust in running and recruitment of the club in the hands of 3 scouts.

No other top PL has been that naive. Look at the toon. New owners went and got Dan Ashworth the real brains behind the Brighton recruitment department and look at how they structured their recruitment without rocking any boats. 

Even the dippers have brought in a retired director of football person to help out with this summers recruitment.  They didn’t turn to Micheal Edwards number 2 or their scouting department. 

Maybe you will get my drift and understand why I have doubt, if not we can  keep the summer interesting with more differences of opinion  👍

So, let's get this right, 

Newcastle have done a good job because Brighton 

Chelsea have done a bad job because Brighton. 

Newcastle are signing great players because Brighton 

Chelsea are signing mid table riff raff because Brighton. 

I think you want your cake and eat it too! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Personally I think Todd ‘n’ Eggy acted with the best of intentions but got a little over-excited. I think they’ll have learned some tough lessons and things will be better next season. I really do. 

Pretty much my thoughts too. 

• Agree 1

Have to say I’m getting more optimistic about this transfer window by the day. Maybe Mr. Boehly really is a die hard soccer lover and that whole „de Bruyne and Salah are fantastic products of our academy“ line was just a great stitch up.

18 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Have to say I’m getting more optimistic about this transfer window by the day. Maybe Mr. Boehly really is a die hard soccer lover and that whole „de Bruyne and Salah are fantastic products of our academy“ line was just a great stitch up.

When POTUS finishes up a speech with "God Save The Queen" Todd's slips of the tongue seem a little less risable!

WE as long term Chelsea followers have a depth of knowledge (much of which is arcane!)of the Club and even then we all make the odd mistake or misidentify a player or event. Quickly jumped upon and corrected I might add!

I would guess that quite a few non Chelsea fans would easily make the same error regarding KDB and Salah.

Transfers ?....I live in silent (forlorn?) hope of a Ballack type signing...not in a positional sense but that intangible but obvious strength of character and ability.

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

Love your optimism, even thought I am not aligned with it.

should the rumour be true on the club buying a striker who only been wanted before by the Bournemouth and Southampton, sum up the mind set of the whole TBSD set up.

I couldn't disagree more with you on this point!Imho, this is exactly what we should be wanting to see from our scouting team.

Any of us on here could pick out a striker to sign by looking at his goals per game record or have a look at highlights video on YouTube once he is linked to a big club. We did that with the likes of Lukaku and Werner and look where that got us.

Great scouting is finding those players before they make a big name for themselves. Of course, we also need some proven talent to go along with the unproven.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

And a tonne of good ones too. Gotta be fair man. 

I have never claimed otherwise. 

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

I definitely feel your worry, I share it. We have made a very long list of bad calls and no doubt it has backfired on us. However, when Roman took over the club he also made a lot of bad calls. The difference being that he could afford to do them when he could vastly outspend everyone. Look at City, their ownership has done things right and it shows. They’ve been dominant for a long time now and it doesn’t seem to slow down one bit. 

Boehly and the rest should be given a chance to prove themselves. I have hopes things will improve. Time will tell I guess!