Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Look at City, their ownership has done things right and it shows. 

Mansour has watched  two City games in all of those years. That  proves beyond any doubt that he doesn't actually give a toss about Man City as a football club.

From day one until now, his ownership  has been nothing more than a cynical, revolting, cold, calculating sportswahing investment. What he's  manufactured is a football machine that is completely devoid of anykind of heart, soul or passion. I don't care how much success they have, they are cheats and deserve zero respect and I wouldn't want him or his like anywhere near my club!

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Secondly, all the players we have bought other than Enzo have one thing in common, they're quick. 

Absolutely a vital requirement in today's game.

Speed of thought is a huge bonus - as you say a top class coach can install a way to play in a quick footballer that lacks a football brain, which let's be honest is as rare as hen's teeth in today's game.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think they’ll have learned some tough lessons and things will be better next season. I really do. 

Whilst I agree  - if Poch doesn't work out you can guarantee the fans will turn on Boehly and Co.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Mansour has watched  two City games in all of those years. That  proves beyond any doubt that he doesn't actually give a toss about Man City as a football club.

From day one until now, his ownership  has been nothing more than a cynical, revolting, cold, calculating sportswahing investment. What he's  manufactured is a football machine that is completely devoid of anykind of heart, soul or passion. I don't care how much success they have, they are cheats and deserve zero respect and I wouldn't want him or his like anywhere near my club!

All true, but the average fan couldn't care less.

The Arabs have us by the short and curlies.They have the money to attract money with unscrupulous tactics in sport and property and everything else.

They are no different to the home grown shysters they just have more money.

Edited by kev61

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Personally, I don't think he was quite as bad as some make out. I do accept, though, that he came to us a few years too late in order to fully acclimatise with the PL, and - with Badiashile and Colwill coming through - we really don't need someone on close to £300,000/week taking up a squad space that can be better filled.

Let's hope there's substance to this.

We don't need anyone on 300k a week.It is ridiculous, divisive,and plays into the hands of egotistical players.

29 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The Arabs have us by the short and curlies.They have the money to attract money with unscrupulous tactics in sport and property and everything else.

Our owners also seem to have a pretty good business relationship with them, whether people like it or not. It’s the hypocrisy of it all though that makes me laugh, people like Alan Shearer who wanted to virtue signal about our ownership, but had nothing to say about his own clubs.  

Edited by Floyd25

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I don't care how much success they have, they are cheats and deserve zero respect and I wouldn't want him or his like anywhere near my club!

They’re a hollow club whose success makes you numb, you put up with them winning because it stops the Arsenal’s and Liverpool’s. The media turn a blind eye to their ownership and rule breaches, but were quick to preach about us, tells you everything, treble win with pending investigation in brackets. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

They’re a hollow club whose success makes you numb, you put up with them winning because it stops the Arsenal’s and Liverpool’s. The media turn a blind eye to their ownership and rule breaches, but were quick to preach about us, tells you everything, treble win with pending investigation in brackets. 

Once pep leaves they are fecked.They will become a PSG.....stacks of money and clueless.

34 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Our owners also seem to have a pretty good business relationship with them, whether people like it or not. It’s the hypocrisy of it all though that makes me laugh.  

If you can't handle hypocrisy in today's world you need to go underground -  not literally of course - but turn off the tv, turn off your phone and spend more time on your own away from your partner.

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Personally, I don't think he was quite as bad as some make out. I do accept, though, that he came to us a few years too late in order to fully acclimatise with the PL, and - with Badiashile and Colwill coming through - we really don't need someone on close to £300,000/week taking up a squad space that can be better filled.

Let's hope there's substance to this.

Honestly think he's been a bit stiff in terms of how he's had to settle in. Get's thrown in at LCB within a back three - a position he's never actually played prior to arriving, has to adjust to the pace of English football in a side that's not performing well as a whole, gets sent off, see's the manager he signs for sacked, then picked up a couple of niggles to disrupt things further. 

I thought the second half of the season he was looking much better, including some genuinely towering performances both in Europe and domestically. He's obviously more at home playing in a back four and being the aggressor that steps out, the role Thiago Silva often holds when he's played. Would like to see him stick around for a second season because I do think he'd be a good piece to have, but also understand we've got young players that need games, and he's on far too much to be a squad type player. 

It's a little disappointing to see the perception of Koulibaly turn negative because of his season here, because prior to that he's genuinely been a top quality CB for years on end. His age really hasn't had any bearing on his performances. Some players just take a bit more time to adapt to new surrounding, more so in a side that's been poorly managed for the majority of his time here.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Once pep leaves they are fecked.They will become a PSG.....stacks of money and clueless.

Nah, they've got foundations in place. While Pep leaving will hit them, they'll likely hire someone of a similar ilk that can carry on the work done so far. They may not be as dominate under someone else, but its hard to see them continuing to be a strong side. They'd really have to balls it up, or see a mass exodus of all the key components behind the scenes once Pep eventually departs. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Do you have links? 

On YouTube I typed 'Nicolas Jackson vs' and it returns quite a few game compilations featuring all his actions and touches in that game. Watched a handful of them and was very impressed.

Here's a general video featuring most of his good actions last season:

21 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Being careful here as it is a highlight reel. But essentially yes, he does seem to have a lot of qualities that we have sorely been lacking up front and that neither Lukaku nor Havertz can give us. A level of dynamism. He reminds me of a young Adebayor/Aubameyang type player. 

The comparison I had is Isak at Newcastle. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet, able to keep the ball under all sorts of pressure and a capable finisher. 

The one thing I've disliked about our forwards for a long time (other than their failure to score goals of course) is the ball simply doesn't stick with them. They lose it under the slightest pressure and it doesn't help us sustain or build attacks. Based on what I've seen so far I don't think that'll be a problem with Jackson. 

21 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Lukaku is rapidly becoming the next George Weah........Jnr.

To be fair, take a look at the players that already are the highest paid and you can see his point.

Giving out a bad contract to a player because we have one or two others on bad contracts is a terrible way to run the club. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Whilst I agree  - if Poch doesn't work out you can guarantee the fans will turn on Boehly and Co.

They shouldn’t. It’s an appointment that has general approval. It’ll be on Poch if it goes wrong as I’m sure he’ll be backed.

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

No, they really won’t! They have an identity and a philosophy. Good foundations, and they’ll know Pep will leave.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

According to Fabrizio Romano on Twitter...

CFC are looking to loan Cesare Casadei to a top Premiership or Serie A side. Three Championship sides have enquired so far.

N'golo Kanté has undergone the second part of his medical and should be announced as an Al Ittihad player soon.

Armando Broja is NOT being offered as a make-weight (either loan or permanent transfer) in the Moses Caicedo deal. Pochettino wants to work with him in pre-season.

Hakim Ziyech to Al Nassr looks to be progressing fairly smoothly. No fee mentioned yet. Aubameyang also expected to wrap up a Saudi deal soon, too.

Arsenal still favourites to sign Declan Rice, but CFC, Man City & Bayern still  monitoring the situation

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

So, let's get this right, 

Newcastle have done a good job because Brighton 

Chelsea have done a bad job because Brighton. 

Newcastle are signing great players because Brighton 

Chelsea are signing mid table riff raff because Brighton. 

I think you want your cake and eat it too! 

Let get what right MK

Ashworth has obviously done a good job on recruitment and working with Eddy Howe for some bizarre reason they have made CL football within 2 seasons after moving from his `DoF position a Brighton

Whereas Tod & Egg decided to hire a Brighton scout and give him along with a bloke from Monaco gave them the keys to  war chest in January which in turn ended up buy more players in area which did not need bolstering, and bloating the squad to the point of relegation form. Not forgetting how they managed to botch up a simple transfer of a player to PSG

With the end result of them trying to do fire sales of senior players at extortionate fees, which to date seems to be backfiring. 

As for wanting cake and eating it, More like a case of Newcastle went looking for a DoF they went for the best, whereas Tod & Egg went to the same shop and brought the cheap copies at the back of the shop.

22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Firstly we don't know they're mediocre.... Yet 

Secondly, all the players we have bought other than Enzo have one thing in common, they're quick. 

Maybe the idea is to play fast football instead of safety first slow as a snail with a bad leg transitions? 

I'm am honestly excited about having a proper coach again, a proper fitness regime and some flair in the side. 

Flair over function. 

So when can I expect your match day forum player  meltdown - Liverpool, West Ham, Luton, Forrest, Bournemouth or Villa???

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Let get what right MK

Ashworth has obviously done a good job on recruitment and working with Eddy Howe for some bizarre reason they have made CL football within 2 seasons after moving from his `DoF position a Brighton

Whereas Tod & Egg decided to hire a Brighton scout and give him along with a bloke from Monaco gave them the keys to  war chest in January which in turn ended up buy more players in area which did not need bolstering, and bloating the squad to the point of relegation form. Not forgetting how they managed to botch up a simple transfer of a player to PSG

With the end result of them trying to do fire sales of senior players at extortionate fees, which to date seems to be backfiring. 

As for wanting cake and eating it, More like a case of Newcastle went looking for a DoF they went for the best, whereas Tod & Egg went to the same shop and brought the cheap copies at the back of the shop.

So when can I expect your match day forum player  meltdown - Liverpool, West Ham, Luton, Forrest, Bournemouth or Villa???

In response to a poor performance is to be expected 

You've already made up your mind because Brighton.

But not Newcastle Brighton , Chelsea Brighton.

Edited by Mark Kelly

5 hours ago, Bison said:

On YouTube I typed 'Nicolas Jackson vs' and it returns quite a few game compilations featuring all his actions and touches in that game. Watched a handful of them and was very impressed.

Here's a general video featuring most of his good actions last season:

The comparison I had is Isak at Newcastle. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet, able to keep the ball under all sorts of pressure and a capable finisher. 

The one thing I've disliked about our forwards for a long time (other than their failure to score goals of course) is the ball simply doesn't stick with them. They lose it under the slightest pressure and it doesn't help us sustain or build attacks. Based on what I've seen so far I don't think that'll be a problem with Jackson. 

Giving out a bad contract to a player because we have one or two others on bad contracts is a terrible way to run the club. 

Isak is a good comparison as well. However, I think Jackson looks more dynamic than Isak but again, basing it on a reel only can be very misleading. 

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

80 million euros for Havertz would be insane

Indeed. I’d kee Havertz as the base case but if we are getting 80m for him then we have no choice - he ain’t worth that. Not even close. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

According to Fabrizio Romano on Twitter...

CFC are looking to loan Cesare Casadei to a top Premiership or Serie A side. Three Championship sides have enquired so far.

N'golo Kanté has undergone the second part of his medical and should be announced as an Al Ittihad player soon.

Armando Broja is NOT being offered as a make-weight (either loan or permanent transfer) in the Moses Caicedo deal. Pochettino wants to work with him in pre-season.

Hakim Ziyech to Al Nassr looks to be progressing fairly smoothly. No fee mentioned yet. Aubameyang also expected to wrap up a Saudi deal soon, too.

Arsenal still favourites to sign Declan Rice, but CFC, Man City & Bayern still  monitoring the situation

So… Kovacic to City. Kante, Koulibaly, Aubameyang and Ziyech to Saudi Arabia. Pulisic to Juve, Loftus-Cheek to Milan. Seems we are working hard to offload players who aren’t what we need. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Yes, because a bloated squad for like 4 months of football was why were were shit.

Not to mention the trailblazers in attack that've been lighting it up for years with their efficiency in the final third. How dare we look ahead by being proactive and drafting their replacements early, much better to have sat on our hands and leave everything until the last minute in the summer so we can complain about not getting our primary targets.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Yes, because a bloated squad for like 4 months of football was why were were shit.

Not to mention the trailblazers in attack that've been lighting it up for years with their efficiency in the final third. How dare we look ahead by being proactive and drafting their replacements early, much better to have sat on our hands and leave everything until the last minute in the summer so we can complain about not getting our primary targets.

which of the January buys improved the squad?