Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Regarding Lukaku.  Chelsea should be in a position to be able to sue either Lukaku or Inter.  How can it be right to pay £100m and then the player force his way back to the selling club and publically announce that you don't want to play for the club that paid £100m for you and only want to join the selling club that can't afford you!  The whole situation stinks and I can't see how Inter or Lukaku aren't breaching contracts.

I would certainly be telling Inter that they'll not get a single cent more of the transfer fee from us that's for sure , they want him , they can have him.

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If anyone thinks that it is a mere coincidence that these Saudis are paying over the odds for the 3 or 4 players we are most keen to get rid of, whilst making no attempt to buy any of the players we want to keep, then I admire your innocence. 

Oh no, I’m definitely not feigning innocence with this, I’m not pretending that I don’t know what’s going on, I fully get the situation, I just don’t give a sh*t that people are outraged by it, rivals can cry me a river as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by Floyd25

Just now, Floyd25 said:

Oh no, I’m definitely not feigning innocence with this, I’m not pretending that I don’t know what’s going on, I fully get the situation, I just don’t give a sh*t that people are outraged by it, rivals can cry me a river as far as I’m concerned.

Absolutely!

I don't think any of us norms know exactly what is happening, but if Ziyech, KK and PEA all end up in Saudi and we get most of our money back, we will all be joining Lionel Ritchie, and  be dancing on the ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

They all regressed, and not just the new signings, literally every single player at the club regressed under Potter and Frank and it's hardly surprising considering how poor both are as football managers.

Reece James is world class, if he's not the very best in the world, which I personally think he is, he is very close. By his standards he was awful last season.

If you can acknowledge the fact that we had poor coaching all season, which I think you do, look at how all our players, new and old, performed then there is a case that some of, maybe all, the new signings should at least be given the benefit of doubt until we see how they perform under a proper set up with proper coaching and a proper manager in charge.

Absolutely last season was a disaster and hiring a nobody coach and his entourage took the club to a ridiculous low. Supported by a meaningless recruitment in January in order to support a nobody coach, when everyone knew where the coach was heading.

Do you not think it would have been wiser to hold on to the January purse string and utilise the money with the new coach now.  

The squad is desperate for a couple of leaders which is not any of the players recruited in the  past two transfer windows. 

20 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I assume these are the same sources that say we are selling all our dud players to Saudi teams?

I don't know, nor do I really care. You asked for teams that were interested in said players, I answered. Take it or leave it. 

23 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I understand you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette but not the entire contents of a chicken coop. 

So how many seasons and coaches does the fans have to wait until they start seeing this future planning and delivering top 4, silverware or a title on table. Like the old boring rubbish set of players you want out the door but delivered season after season. 

Well unfortunately for us too many have been inconsistent for too long, therefore bulk change was always on the cards - and rightly so IMO. 

Well I don't have an answer to that because it's not a linear question in the first place. I've also yet to see what our final team going into this season is going to look like, much less when coached by a competent manager. We could see immediate improvement, it may take a couple of seasons, it's impossible to answer. A lot of it also depends on the teams around us, it's going to be a tough slog regardless because there's plenty of competition for places. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Well unfortunately for us too many have been inconsistent for too long, therefore bulk change was always on the cards - and rightly so IMO. 

There is your strawman, take a look at the trophy room. 

You might want to see the club win trophies playing the beautiful game, whereas in reality nobody give a dam as long as the team is successful. People brag about winning things and not being a mid table team playing lovely football. “Hopefully that is one lesson TB has learned”

Last night Croatia vs Spain awful match, however the fan of Spain and everyone will remember who won it and not the style of how they won it.  

Edited by ROTG

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely last season was a disaster and hiring a nobody coach and his entourage took the club to a ridiculous low. Supported by a meaningless recruitment in January in order to support a nobody coach, when everyone knew where the coach was heading.

Do you not think it would have been wiser to hold on to the January purse string and utilise the money with the new coach now.  

The squad is desperate for a couple of leaders which is not any of the players recruited in the  past two transfer windows. 

Yes and no. Don't think any manager really has that much say anymore on player recruitment, apart from Pep and as much as I, on the one hand, would like to see it here, on the other we did that with Conte and it was disastrous.

What we are doing is unprecedented. We are looking at building a team that will dominate once City's turn is over. Realising it was almost impossible to compete with them in the immediate future we decided to look at buying the best of the best young players from all over the world and try to create a team that will compete at the very top in a few years time. Some will work, some won't but it's a fresh, bold approach and one I'm very much enjoying and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

The alternative would have been to spend that £600m on ready made superstars but we probably couldn't have attracted the players we needed, or were willing to pay the extortionate wages and if we did we would have ended up with a load of Prima Donna's with  over inflated egos that create an awful, lifeless, hollow club much like PSG.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bison said:

What on earth is the point of this?

I wouldn't loan a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to an Italian club and their "comedy" skint routine . No more "try before you buy" deals , take a punt and cough up , like we have to.

Edited by Michael Tucker
Language.
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

There is your strawman, take a look at the trophy room. 

You might want to see the club win trophies playing the beautiful game, whereas in reality nobody give a dam as long as the team is successful. People brag about winning things and not being a mid table team playing lovely football. “Hopefully that is one lesson TB has learned”

Last night Croatia vs Spain awful match, however the fan of Spain and everyone will remember who won it and not the style of how they won it.  

Honestly, not even going to bother taking this further. You're honestly insufferable at times with the way you continue to move the goal posts in every discussion. 

Have at it sweet cheeks, I'm done. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

What we are doing is unprecedented. We are looking at building a team that will dominate once City's turn is over. Realising it was almost impossible to compete with them in the immediate future we decided to look at buying the best of the best young players from all over the world and try to create a team that will compete at the very top in a few years time. Some will work, some won't but it's a fresh, bold approach and one I'm very much enjoying and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Playing the devils advocate. 
if things do not change even after the removal of the alleged bad eggs and the team is still on mid table trajectory. How long does a coach like Poch get before toxicity sets in with the supporters 

Just now, ROTG said:

if things do not change even after the removal of the alleged bad eggs and the team is still on mid table trajectory. How long does a coach like Poch get before toxicity sets in with the supporters 

I don't think anyone is honestly expecting overnight success , if we can start thinking and moving as a team and playing to each other's strengths then that will be enough , some tangible improvement that is visible .

Last year we weren't terrible defensively but the midfield and the attack were risible , it was only when Lewis hall and Mudueke were given minutes that we saw anything like passion or desire to do well , the rest were just resigned to their fate .

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Well, that just isn't going to happen. 

No way in a million years we will be mid table again next season. We aren't a mid table team, we aren't buying mid table players, we no longer have a mid table manager or the mindset that came with it. 

There is no mid table trajectory, just an awful season that was caused by the biggest upheaval any football club has ever had to face. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m just amazed people thought Oscar was good tbh 

To be fair, I was also fooled intiailly by some of his performances. He had some good cameos early on and scored a few worldies. It makes me sick to my stomach that we chose somebody like him over De Bruyne. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Well, that just isn't going to happen. 

No way in a million years we will be mid table again next season. We aren't a mid table team, we aren't buying mid table players, we no longer have a mid table manager or the mindset that came with it. 

There is no mid table trajectory, just an awful season that was caused by the biggest upheaval any football club has ever had to face. 

Love the optimism, so we can expect at least 17 points from the first 7 games 😀

”just kidding” 

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

To be fair, I was also fooled intiailly by some of his performances. He had some good cameos early on and scored a few worldies. It makes me sick to my stomach that we chose somebody like him over De Bruyne. 

We're at risk of going off on a tangent. Without going into the ins and outs of how good he was / wasn't, the point being made was that he was a Brazil regular, then went to China and never played again. 

That is the risk that the players going to SA are going to have to take, and whether the bundles of cash will alleviate that.

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think anyone is honestly expecting overnight success , if we can start thinking and moving as a team and playing to each other's strengths then that will be enough , some tangible improvement that is visible .

Last year we weren't terrible defensively but the midfield and the attack were risible , it was only when Lewis hall and Mudueke were given minutes that we saw anything like passion or desire to do well , the rest were just resigned to their fate .

Yep, defensively we were on par with the Top 4 teams for most of the season, but without a competent attack it was continually putting them under pressure. 

15 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

We will have done really well to offload Koulibaly - what a terrible transfer. Don't suppose they fancy Cucurella?

I feel a bit sorry for Cucurella. He just seemed to fall apart in front of our very eyes under the pressure of playing for a big club.

• Agree 1