Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He was pretty much shit from day 1. I remember digging deep into him after 2 or 3 games into the season. He only got worse after that. 

I remember someone said they liked his energy in the beginning. Think everyone caught on he had to run a lot to cover the ground he lost due to not being able to read the game. I’m not sure he will ever be a top player. 

Early on I quite liked him. Was a good one touch facilitator who kept possession moving and I wasn't expecting too much from him going forward. 

From reputation I wrongly assumed he was a dynamite one vs one defender who could slot in at CB. Now a year on I can see he's awful defensively, painfully slow and a complete non-entity in the air. Also offers absolutely nothing going forward.  Certainly the worst signing in the Clearlake era. 

40 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I actually like KK and think he played better than most here think he did. However, given the likelihood of using a back four, we can't have 6 centre backs. With Chalobah and Fofana covering the right-hand berth and Badiashile and Colwill the left, there's only room for one "old head" in reserve; either Silva or KK.  KK we actually get some money back, even if only £20m-£25m

Personally think KK looked well off the pace starting in the Leeds away game when he saw red. Unfortunately he came over to the prem a little too late in his career and was unable to adapt to the faster pace of the game. I'd much rather keep Chalobah around who could be a great long term squad player. Not to mention giving more opportunities to Colwill. 

19 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Given the outgoings GK has fallen down the priority list. Signing 2-3 midfielders and a Striker more important now. We can fix the Kepa problem another time. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He was pretty much shit from day 1. I remember digging deep into him after 2 or 3 games into the season. He only got worse after that. 

I remember someone said they liked his energy in the beginning. Think everyone caught on he had to run a lot to cover the ground he lost due to not being able to read the game. I’m not sure he will ever be a top player. 

You can’t say players are shit here - it triggers the ❄️❄️🤣🤪

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You can’t say players are shit here - it triggers the ❄️❄️🤣🤪

I actually think there is a difference between that and the nonsense you were sputing when you "triggered" people. I also think calling people snowflakes makes you sound like an ignorant boomer gammon. but each to their own.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not sure how accurate the figures are, but still...

[profit/break even based on, I presume, the remaining book value NOT the original fee]

yeah, would be profit on remaining book value. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Our 23 man squad from the 2021 CL final.

11 have already departed. Mendy and Ziyech virtually gone

I reckon another 6 might have gone on top of those 13 by the close of the summer window.

Wow

must be the circle of life

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Our 23 man squad from the 2021 CL final.

11 have already departed. Mendy and Ziyech virtually gone

I reckon another 6 might have gone on top of those 13 by the close of the summer window.

Kind of sad! That team was definitely better than City and proved that on 3 occassions that season.

Also remembering our PL form until Christmas ish 2022...

Well, can't look back in anger as in the song 🙂 just nostalgic. Hope our future project is best of the best though!

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

No, we don't but it would have been a well kept secret.

I don't think it is beyond the realms of fantasy that by January, when we started to spend some big money, Chelsea already knew that Ziyech, Mendy and KK would be surplus to requirements this summer, and at the same time, knew, through the PIF / Clearlake connection, there would be offers coming from SA

Of course. And by stroke of luck, some of the players we have who are surplus to requirements are Muslim, and therefore more likely to be open to a move to SA. Which is why the whole thing makes even more sense, and the dots join up even more.

I expect the fees will be higher than what we would have got on the open market. Considering the wages some of them are on, loans would have been the only likely alternatives

Of course not. Those players are in their prime, competing at the highest level, and the chances of luring them to SA would be slim to nil.

What? All three are Muslim, are you saying we are selling them because of that? None of them are coming from good seasons. Ziyech and Koulibaly are nothing but failures here. They are sold because we don’t want them. Mendy I’m guessing is sold because of contract issues and because he is the more sellable keeper out of him and Kepa. 

I’m not sure I’m buying any big conspiracy here. The Saudis want to improve their league and they are trying to sign all players with a reputation from Europe and who’s available. Those players just happen to be Koulibaly, Aubameyang, Lukaku, Mendy and Ziyech. I suppose that you could add Pulisic and Cucurella to that list but I don’t think their reputation is that big in the ME. 

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Next level? What’s that, just average now? 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There can't be any CL winning team that has had that sort of churn that quickly?

Perhaps not but also sadly a reflection of where they actually were as a team. Take out Kantes performances in that run and we’d have been out way earlier. He pretty much carried that team. 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Perhaps not but also sadly a reflection of where they actually were as a team. Take out Kantes performances in that run and we’d have been out way earlier. He pretty much carried that team. 

Take out any team's best player, and they are not as good. By definition.

I think you are underplaying how well the whole team played in the knockout stages of that tournament. You don't and can't beat Atletico, Real and City (conceding 1 goal)  with just one good performer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I actually think there is a difference between that and the nonsense you were sputing when you "triggered" people. I also think calling people snowflakes makes you sound like an ignorant boomer gammon. but each to their own.

You can keep your insults to yourself hun. I described some of our players as “shit” because in my view they are, and I got pelted. I was just making a point.

Sorry you got nappy rash over it! But how typical from the left when using personal insults - “it’s okay when we do it”. 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Angry 1

55 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not sure how accurate the figures are, but still...

[profit/break even based on, I presume, the remaining book value NOT the original fee]

If this was City they'd have "received" 

£80m for Mendy

£100m for KK

£200m for Ziyech

At least the transfer fees are realistic. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1