Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I actually think there is a difference between that and the nonsense you were sputing when you "triggered" people. I also think calling people snowflakes makes you sound like an ignorant boomer gammon. but each to their own.

Sputing? 🤔

I don’t want to hear about “ignorant boomer gammons” on here, no place for it.  Let’s stick to disagreeing about Chelsea eh?

11 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You can keep your insults to yourself hun. I described some of our players as “shit” because in my view they are, and I got pelted. I was just making a point.

Sorry you got nappy rash over it! But how typical from the left when using personal insults - “it’s okay when we do it”. 

You were lucky you got away with ‘shit’ 🤣 On the old forum I would have used asterisks but I’m a bit more relaxed about that sort of thing on here, mostly because we have been so shit all season 🙁

Anyway, please don’t prolong this disagreement, ‘left’ ‘right’ bla bla bla.

Save it for pm’s if you must 🙄

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

If the Saudis buy who they are supposed to be buying I will doff my hat say '"gawd bless you governor".

It's  more sports washing of course.A few 100 mil here or there is not going to make a scratch on their 1.5 trillion dollar filthy corrupt wealth.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Take out any team's best player, and they are not as good. By definition.

I think you are underplaying how well the whole team played in the knockout stages of that tournament. You don't and can't beat Atletico, Real and City (conceding 1 goal)  with just one good performer.

I’m not underplaying anything. I’m merely pointing out that Kante was simply producing performances on par with Messi at his height. Not the goals of course, but the equivalent for his role. He was so dominant that we’d have stood no chance of winning it without him. 

The true quality of that side was shown before and after that run. It’s not a CL winning side, they hugely outperformed their mean and later proceeded to regressing back to it. From a statistical analysis POV it was an outlier. Outliers always regress back to the mean. It’s just how things work. If you want to be consistently better you have to improve your mean performance. You do that by getting better players with a higher base level of ability and a higher ceiling. We are hopefully doing just that. But the team we had really had to be swapped. 

I stated on the old forum that we probably had to get 15 new players to rebuild a new side. Was laughed at of course. But here we are with;

Malo, Fofana, Badiashile, Enzo, Santos, Madueke, Mudryk and we are quite some way off still. Partly because we messed up Auba, Koulibaly, Cucurella and Sterling. 

31 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Just had to google that one. OG moment 

“not very nice internet language”

how did you know that one?

I was quoting someone else.  Stop stirring and prolonging this nonsense 🙄

Get back to your flock…..

2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I actually think there is a difference between that and the nonsense you were sputing when you "triggered" people. I also think calling people snowflakes makes you sound like an ignorant boomer gammon. but each to their own.

Passive aggressiveness which is just as boring. 

• Agree 1

All this talk of selling 5 or so players to the Saudis is making my summer much more enjoyable. Lukaku just needs to take the hint and  go as well or to Inter in a swap deal with Barella and I would open the Champagne. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

All this talk of selling 5 or so players to the Saudis is making my summer much more enjoyable. Lukaku just needs to take the hint and  go as well or to Inter in a swap deal with Barella and I would open the Champagne. 

Would be tragic to see Barella go to Newcastle, if you believe the rumours that they are interested in him, he's a wonderful footballer and far too good for them.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Rick1977 said:

All this talk of selling 5 or so players to the Saudis is making my summer much more enjoyable.

Yes couldn't agree more.It's a glorious plot in a novel you wish  would come true!.

Edited by kev61

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

Just had to google that one. OG moment 

“not very nice internet language”

how did you know that one?

Can I ask a question.Are you really a preacher and a man of the cloth?

Sorry I'm thick and have probably missed something.

You seem to waiver between John the baptist(repent!) and private Frazer(we're doomed!).

P.s. I agree with a lot in what you say.

10 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Why don't you stick to plain language and stop people having to use google.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m not underplaying anything. I’m merely pointing out that Kante was simply producing performances on par with Messi at his height. Not the goals of course, but the equivalent for his role. He was so dominant that we’d have stood no chance of winning it without him. 

It is a matter of fact.No doubt there will be some who say he doesn't fit into a 'system' we are trying to play.What fecking 'system' is that when we can't get the basics right?.

Kante deserves the respect that Lampard has as a player.

6 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Would be tragic to see Barella go to Newcastle, if you believe the rumours that they are interested in him, he's a wonderful footballer and far too good for them.

If Barella is genuinely available then I'd like to think we'd be all over that. He's a tremendous player, which pains me to say as someone that absolutely loathes the merda that is Inter.