Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Although I am liking the rumours of the type of player we are looking to buy and the rebuilding that's going on. I do worry that we don't seem and aren't seemingly looking for any what I would deem to be "real leaders"  being linked with us.  But we will see 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

Although I am liking the rumours of the type of player we are looking to buy and the rebuilding that's going on. I do worry that we don't seem and aren't seemingly looking for any what I would deem to be "real leaders"  being linked with us.  But we will see 

💯

18 hours ago, kev61 said:

Can I ask a question.Are you really a preacher and a man of the cloth?

Sorry I'm thick and have probably missed something.

You seem to waiver between John the baptist(repent!) and private Frazer(we're doomed!).

P.s. I agree with a lot in what you say.

Now then Kev, sorry for the  belated reply  

In answer to your questions 

Yes often preach to the flock when watching over them, also sermons to the congregation when down in the parish. 

Man of the cloth not really, I am  more of a casual look person, although been caught touching cloth on a couple of occasions over the years. 

Not sure about the Frazier comparison, It more a case of not wearing rose tinted glasses on the what has happened at the club over the past 12 months and thinking all the problems have gone away and the club will come up smelling of roses next season.

Edited by ROTG

4 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Regarding that Havertz performance tonight: I think we ought to take the £60m and run. 

Let's be honest, I don't think any of us expected to get a few anywhere near £50m for him, let alone close to £60m.

I've always been one of his biggest advocate's on here, I still think he could go to a different league and be a superstar but he is just not suited to the premier League.

No idea what Arsenal are playing at, it's utter madness but very funny, especially listening to them all harp on about how good he is, how they've always rated him and it's how we use him that's the problem, not the fact that he just can't handle the physicality of this league.

They are going to have to spend £150m + to get Rice and Havertz. They are ruining themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Bloody hell... given his age, being approached by Saudi clubs (but no-one else seriously looking at signing him from any of the major European leagues) is essentially saying, "mate, your career is over!" 😢  Very sad what injuries can do. Would never have been another Hazard or Willian, but nonetheless could have achieved more than he ended up doing.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Bloody hell... given his age, being approached by Saudi clubs (but no-one else seriously looking at signing him from any of the major European leagues) is essentially saying, "mate, your career is over!" 😢  Very sad what injuries can do. Would never have been another Hazard or Willian, but nonetheless could have achieved more than he ended up doing.

I very much doubt he would want to go

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Very sad what injuries can do. Would never have been another Hazard or Willian, but nonetheless could have achieved more than he ended up doing.

I remember being blown away by his performances for the academy and thinking we may of got someone really special here. Big shame he never fulfilled that potential, arguably the most talented player I’ve seen for us in the development team. 

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Forgive my ignorance but I hadn’t even heard of Nkunku before we were linked. Has anyone actually seen him play (I don’t mean YouTube), and is he going to help solve our goalscoring problems? 👀🥅

Seen enough to form a generalised opinion. He looks good, I'll say that first and foremost. Unlike the others we've snagged from the Bundesliga Nkunku is technically strong, dynamic, physically robust, creative, and makes himself known in the final third. He's not a Werner or a Havertz, there's a lot more to his game than what either of those have - a more rounded player. 

No transfer is guarantee hit, but I do think we've snagged a good one here. Time shall tell us more though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Seen enough to form a generalised opinion. He looks good, I'll say that first and foremost. Unlike the others we've snagged from the Bundesliga Nkunku is technically strong, dynamic, physically robust, creative, and makes himself known in the final third. He's not a Werner or a Havertz, there's a lot more to his game than what either of those have - a more rounded player. 

No transfer is guarantee hit, but I do think we've snagged a good one here. Time shall tell us more though.

Thanks bro 🫶🏻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I very much doubt he would want to go

Nor should he - Time for him to step ups and show pooch what he can do, especially when you see the caliber of the opposition recruited

7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

He should be given July, just to show Poch what he can do. If posh is such a great coaching and disciplinarian "allegedly"  maybe he is the idea coach to get something out of CHO, if CHO is willing to listen and learn.

With the club seemingly doing a clean sweep of the playing staff, nothing wrong with giving someone who obviously had potential, and  costs nothing another chance at least for pre-season

I can’t say I was on top of how CHO got on in Germany last season. It  started positively and he seemed to be doing reasonably well from early season highlights I watched. 
When Alonso came in as manager , he didn’t seem to be playing as much.  Not sure if that was injuries , form , different manager tactics etc. 

For the type of player he is, I would be concerned that he was not really firing in a  counter attack league that is set up ideally for him.

His confidence seemed shot from when he was last here. He no longer wanted to take players on. I think he would take some serious rebuilding under Poch. Probably time to move on , unless Poch sees something in him he wants to work with. 

Edited by Thiago97

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Nor should he - Time for him to step ups and show pooch what he can do, especially when you see the caliber of the opposition recruited

Hudson-Odoi has zero future here, he's downright awful at this point and needs to be moved on from. Without that burst of pace he had pre-injury his entire game has fallen apart because of lacklustre fundamentals that haven't developed further, in particular his decision making and awareness. Which virtually hampers the only other semi-decent trait he possesses - his passing. 

His wages also make him an impossible pickup for any lower end top flight team to take a chance on him. After catching a few games of his in the Bundesliga last season he looks closer to a Championship calibre player than anything else.