Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

28 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Hudson-Odoi has zero future here, he's downright awful at this point and needs to be moved on from. Without that burst of pace he had pre-injury his entire game has fallen apart because of lacklustre fundamentals that haven't developed further, in particular his decision making and awareness. Which virtually hampers the only other semi-decent trait he possesses - his passing. 

His wages also make him an impossible pickup for any lower end top flight team to take a chance on him. After catching a few games of his in the Bundesliga last season he looks closer to a Championship calibre player than anything else.

Put it like this, he's more proven in the PL than most of the players you support or think are the next big thing at the club.

I love the championship reference, what level has Madueke been playing at?, or are you now going to produce another strawman to convince me Eredivisie in the equivalent of the PL.

You need to give your consistent sledging of academy players  a break. 

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure you could get clearer evidence of dodginess between PIF and Clearlake than a Saudi club paying us actual money for Hudson-Odoi. 

Or is it a case of Mr Romano playing his daily pin the donkey on chelsea player going  to Saudi - Whatever he is doing it certainly gets lots of attention on here 😃

25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Jackson played 10 minutes last night against Brazil and won a penalty with an expert dive (something we need more of). My kind of player. 

So the club needs cheating players - whatever next

40 minutes ago, Bison said:

Jackson played 10 minutes last night against Brazil and won a penalty with an expert dive (something we need more of). My kind of player. 

We do need more intimidation, shithousery and aggression; far too easy and nice to play against. But I don’t like diving - the fans made that clear to Droggy at the start and he rightly stopped doing it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Take it and run. 

He really should.  Pretty concerning that there are no rumours at all about clubs wanting him other than this one.  Really fallen off the radar. 

On the Saudi note, there is a lot of chat about players going, very little about fees though.  I saw Koulibaly for €25-30m mentioned somewhere, but literally nothing on Ziyech & Mendy? Surely they'd fetch a few quid between them? Even if only £25-30m total? 

• Agree 1

Funny how Fab doesn't report transfer fees when posting about Saudi deals.  

On the subject of FFP, and assuming these all go through, we've got some serious spending power this or next window,.  Then just tweaking beyond. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

On the subject of FFP, and assuming these all go through, we've got some serious spending power this or next window,.  Then just tweaking beyond. 

It seems that the deals being done are between the selling club and PIF.  Al Hilal, Al Nassr, etc., don't seem to be too involved. On that basis, I wonder if maybe we've done a deal where we've said, 'OK you can have these four for £100m' and then at some point the club will announce "individual" deals?

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I remember when a lot of us were desperate for CHO to sign a new deal. Like RLC, imo Callum has turned out to be bang average. 

I would give him July to prove himself. 
One would hope the injury is fully behind him and Poch get him fit and focused during preseason. 
Should CHO decide not to come to the party he can be moved on. 

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

Just seen 'ChelseaDodgers' Twitter feed claiming around £8m for Ziyech  (we bought him for €40m in 2020 on 5 year contract, so his 'book value' is currently €16m). If the fee is accurate, I'm not sure how any 'commentators' (like G Neville) can claim we're "cheating" in any way.

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It seems that the deals being done are between the selling club and PIF.  Al Hilal, Al Nassr, etc., don't seem to be too involved. On that basis, I wonder if maybe we've done a deal where we've said, 'OK you can have these four for £100m' and then at some point the club will announce "individual" deals?

One can assume an investigation will be performed by some football body should the deals go through.
Too many making noises for it to be ignored IMO. 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

One can assume an investigation will be performed by some football body should the deals go through.
Too many making noises for it to be ignored IMO. 

If we sold the players concerned at fees considerably over what many would consider 'reasonable', then, perhaps.  If we're selling them for fees around or below their book value, I'm not sure any "investigation" would have a leg to stand on. There are no rules that say you can't sell more than one player to any club. Nor are there any rules saying you can't sell more than one player to clubs in a particular league. That this new Saudi Arabian venture is being bankrolled by their Public Investment Fund rather than by the individual clubs themselves might be worthy of investigation by someone (Asian Football Confederation or FIFA?), but the selling clubs are doing no wrong as the rules currently stand.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Just seen 'ChelseaDodgers' Twitter feed claiming around £8m for Ziyech  (we bought him for €40m in 2020 on 5 year contract, so his 'book value' is currently €16m). If the fee is accurate, I'm not sure how any 'commentators' (like G Neville) can claim we're "cheating" in any way.

KK fee around £17m (Transfermarket have him valued at €15m)  So again, nothing outrageous that could, in any way possible, have people demanding an 'investigation'

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Put it like this, he's more proven in the PL than most of the players you support or think are the next big thing at the club.

I love the championship reference, what level has Madueke been playing at?, or are you now going to produce another strawman to convince me Eredivisie in the equivalent of the PL.

You need to give your consistent sledging of academy players  a break. 

If we had it your way we'd have Ben Mee and Tarkowski starting in central defence for us. 

Madueke has been bright, but still considerably raw. Not claimed him to be some world beating player by any means, however if I'm comparing him to Hudson-Odoi I'll take him every day of the week. 

My opinion on Hudson-Odoi has zero to do with him being from the academy or not, it's based purely on having watched him pre and post injury. I thought he was bright and heavily advocated for him to play more under Sarri, those days are gone though and he ain't that player anymore. As I said, he's lost his yard of pace and his fundamentals simply haven't developed to allow his game to adjust to what he is. He's closer to being Kakuta than he is a Willian. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

KK fee around £17m (Transfermarket have him valued at €15m)  So again, nothing outrageous that could, in any way possible, have people demanding an 'investigation'

We'll make a £7m loss I've read on Koulibaly, but we'll save around £400k pw on wages with the sales of KK and Ziyech.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Ziyech and Mendy deals done. Good start. Throw Kova and Havertz into that mix, plus KK and there is some serious income there.

EUR 10m for HZ

EUR 20m for KK

GBP 30m for MK

Let's see what Mendy and Havertz bring in

Apparently we're getting around £20m for Mendy

None of the fees are outrageous. In some cases below 'book value', but the important bits are that the full value of the deals go into the "income" column AND we're getting rid of a couple of players on big wages who would be difficult to off-load elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1