Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Just seen 'ChelseaDodgers' Twitter feed claiming around £8m for Ziyech  (we bought him for €40m in 2020 on 5 year contract, so his 'book value' is currently €16m). If the fee is accurate, I'm not sure how any 'commentators' (like G Neville) can claim we're "cheating" in any way.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If we sold the players concerned at fees considerably over what many would consider 'reasonable', then, perhaps.  If we're selling them for fees around or below their book value, I'm not sure any "investigation" would have a leg to stand on. There are no rules that say you can't sell more than one player to any club. Nor are there any rules saying you can't sell more than one player to clubs in a particular league. That this new Saudi Arabian venture is being bankrolled by their Public Investment Fund rather than by the individual clubs themselves might be worthy of investigation by someone (Asian Football Confederation or FIFA?), but the selling clubs are doing no wrong as the rules currently stand.

This Bob, spot on. Why we see these guys going to the Saudi league is because of their wages. No other club would probably be too keen to match them. The fees in themselves aren't the problem, there's an awful lot fo clubs that could afford them. But the wages would be a real issue. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Had seen elsewhere, and not sure if the math works itself out properly or not, but selling Ziyech and KK alone frees up around £400k pw in wages. In FFP terms that means we could sign a £70m player on around £130pw on a 5 year deal and be breaking even.

Again, which is why it really doe smatter a lot what we pay for players in transfer fees and what wage we offer them. Not aimed at you, more towards the contingent on here who claims that no fan should care what the club pays for players. It matters - A LOT. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I personally doubt we get anything like £8m for Ziyech on the non-Saudi open market. 

Come on now.  There would be a long list of clubs who'd pay £8m for Ziyech. The fee has never been an issue. 

6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Come on now.  There would be a long list of clubs who'd pay £8m for Ziyech. The fee has never been an issue. 

Then why is he still here?

Maybe plenty would pay £8m for him if that didn't involve giving him £200k a week for 4 or 5 years. It's crystal clear that clubs were not lining up to do this. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Basically he prefers the lifestyle in Milan to Riyadh and wants us to subsidise him so he can mingle with rap stars. While deluding himself that he’s a leading player at a top European club.  

And there me think MK was the bitterest man towards Lukaku. 

If I were a betting man, unless the club terminate his contract, on the 1st July he will be at cobham. 

BTW didn’t he bag another brace last night?

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And there me think MK was the bitterest man towards Lukaku. 

If I were a betting man, unless the club terminate his contract, on the 1st July he will be at cobham. 

BTW didn’t he bag another brace last night?

Why would I be bitter , It's not like we bought him for £100m , he played half a dozen games before injuring himself and then demanded we loan him back to the club we'd paid £100m to and subsidise his wages whilst he badmouthed us and made eyes at his former employers is it? 

Oh. Wait. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why would I be bitter , It's not like we bought him for £100m , he played half a dozen games before injuring himself and then demanded we loan him back to the club we'd paid £100m to and subsidise his wages whilst he badmouthed us and made eyes at his former employers is it? 

Oh. Wait. 

The guy is an arrogant w️ tbh 

• Haha 1

Of course, the one obvious thing that the media is missing in respect of us selling players to Saudi, is that we are the club with the biggest surplus of players, so if you are a Saudi club looking for players you can buy, it makes sense to approach the club that has the most players to sell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I think PIF are customers of Clearlake. Saying that they own Chelsea would be like trying to claim that if my pension is managed by the Pru, I own the companies that it invests in. I wish.🙂

Correct 

however you could take the view, the PRU are strategically target their investments to particular companies for the best chance of increase your premiums to get you the best pension possible. 

However you look at it if PIF are paying Chelsea some of that money will come back to them via Clearlake no matter how small. Same could be said if there are deal’s between Amanda and Todd. 

best to make hay while the sun shines 

To be fair to the ownership this is a very good start to the window, significantly better than anticipated. Of course we have been helped by the Saudi deals, in particular Koulibaly who we were likely to be stuck with for the duration of his 5 year 300K per week contract. To get fees for him and Ziyech is totally unexpected given their wages. Another 5 outgoings and we might have a squad that fits in the changing room!

Also been thinking back to the bizarre failed Ziyech to PSG loan due to "paperwork", perhaps the board knew we had permanent offers coming. 

More work to be done especially with at least a couple CMs needed. Ideally we keep Mount, if not then Gallagher would be great cover for Nkunku anyway. I expect one of these two to go however it would be madness to let both leave. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

1 minute ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

To be honest this is a very good start to the window, much better than fould have been anticipated. Of course we have been helped by the Saudi deals, in particular Koulibaly who we were likely to be stuck with for the duration of his 5 year 300K per week contract. To get fees for him and Ziyech is totally unexpected given their wages.

Also been thinking back to the bizarre failed Ziyech to PSG loan due to "paperwork", perhaps the board knew we had permanent offers coming. 

More work to be done especially with at least a couple CMs needed. Ideally we keep Mount, if not then Gallagher would be great cover for Nkunku anyway. I expect one of these two to go however it would be madness to let both leave. 

I’m sure some people will still use it as a stick to beat Todd ‘n’ Eggy with 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think the “royal family” of Saudi are a cancer on our world, and I hope we take them for as much as we can. 

Just Saudi or the Middle East in general. 

As a matter of interest what were your thoughts of when RA came to the club, or when Ken held the voting rights for some dodgy investors from the Middle East when ken was building SB and the team. “Was it not the case of the late MH trying to get enough share to call out KB on who owned xx% share in chelsea?

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh. Wait. 

Let’s hold this one until pre-season.

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Just Saudi or the Middle East in general. 

As a matter of interest what were your thoughts of when RA came to the club, or when Ken held the voting rights for some dodgy investors from the Middle East when ken was building SB and the team. “Was it not the case of the late MH trying to get enough share to call out KB on who owned xx% share in chelsea?

RA did so much for the world. The “royal family” of Saudi are evil in my view. And mentioning Ken Bates is silly bro 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

@Backbiter  Yet in spite of this rule, not ALL German clubs are run by the fans! Many are, but not all, and it's spurious to argue that being fan run makes the clubs inherently better run. I'd hate for Chelsea to be run by some of the people in this forum, for example!

Are you saying that not all German clubs are bound by the 50+1 rule?

(Not disagreeing with your final sentence).

31 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Are you saying that not all German clubs are bound by the 50+1 rule?

(Not disagreeing with your final sentence).

There's two exemptions. Leverkusen and Wolfsburg.

Edit: that I know of anyway. May be more.

Edited by ChelseaJambo

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I'm not as overjoyed by selling Havertz as it seems lots of Chelsea fans are. Ultimately he wants to go, but I think he is a better player and harder worker than he gets credit for.

Wonder if he'll learn to finish now?

He's undoubtedly a good player , he'll probably do well at the Arsenal too but despite the stats shown here he was the most frustrating player I think I've ever seen in a Chelsea shirt , he was almost there for so long that I think we've all had enough of each other now .

34 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

RA did so much for the world. The “royal family” of Saudi are evil in my view. And mentioning Ken Bates is silly bro 

Ok, whatever floats your boat. 

I guess it is now a tic tok world for information, my old mucker. 

Edited by ROTG

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm not as overjoyed by selling Havertz as it seems lots of Chelsea fans are. Ultimately he wants to go, but I think he is a better player and harder worker than he gets credit for.

He is definitely a tryer. Unfortunately he is not effective enough to take us to a title challenge. Farewell Kai, but I hope you fail, obviously. 

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I agree, sorry to see him go. Not sure he was ever utilised correctly but also unsure on just what his best position is. Undoubtedly a talented player, with time on his side, it's a shame he's gone to a rival.

• Like 1