Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd keep Pulisic.  Just won player of the tournament for the USMNT. 

If he's fit, really fit, then he has plenty of time to prove himself long term. At his best he's brilliant. 

Not a priority to get him gone. 

I’m afraid to say that I just can’t rate him. He’s the Forest Gump of football, chin down attitude and RLF. If you could stick Eidur’s brain in Pulisic’s body, that would be a real player. Maybe that’s a topic of it’s own - “Which combination of two players makes the perfect footballer and why?”

If I’d have kept anyone, controversially for some here, I’d have kept Havertz and played him behind a two up front. Would have given him that fraction more time and he can get himself into decent places in the box. But £60m is a good number. 

6 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

On his way ... On loan. For 6 months.

Look, I said I didn't think we'd get £8m for him without a Saudi club coming in.  Because clubs obviously factor what wages they have to pay into what fees they offer selling clubs. I didn't say anything about what he is "worth" or what value I think he has. If you want to argue £8m is no big deal while also accepting wages would be a problem, fine. Seems a bit having your cake and eating it too, to me.

Look. The £8m fee is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even assuming that he’d keep his £100 000/week wage if he moved elsewhere his yearly “cost” would be about £7,8m if signed for £8m for three years. Ajax has players making roughly £75 000/week. There’s an awful lot of clubs that could buy Ziyech at the proposed fee of £8m. You raise that to £20m and it’s all of a sudden a bit more tricky and the pool becomes much smaller. 

Koulibaly is costing us £22.3m/season. To get Ziyech off our books was not our big problem this summer. 

As someone who expressed the view that 'I was looking forward to the players leaving than the players arriving' it's a red letter day for me.

It seemed logical we had to get rid of players quickly,I never envisaged this quickly!...delighted.

I'm also not worried about Pulisic staying(there's a player in there somewhere).Who knows he could come good in the right environment. 

I see a break in the clouds now, and just maybe sunny days ahead.

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

If he's fit, really fit, then he has plenty of time to prove himself long term. At his best he's brilliant. 

AC Milan are apparently interested…

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/milan-pulisic-chelsea-calciomercato-news-21-giugno-2023

3 hours ago, Ham said:

The ever reliable and fair Ben Jacobs...

Not sure why any on here doubt him. 

Still get the exclusives regardless of what anyone says.  The past week has been testament to that.

A thread;

What Ben Jacobs said. The reporting over the last few weeks just shows there’s a massive bias against Chelsea as a club. City are getting away with murder yet we are selling players below book value to a league just getting off with an interest to buy anyone half decent that’s available. We just happens to have a lot of them. 

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Laughing at the thought of Gary Neville trying to work this all out, bless him. 

Gary Neville. Sometimes I’m not sure what to make of him. 

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Regarding gossip of players "in"...

GK: Stories regarding Onana have cooled somewhat the last few days. Now it's between Diogo Costa (Porto) and Giorgi Mamardashvili (Valencia) depending on who you believe

DM: We'll be making a substantial (but below "asking price") bid for Moses Caicedo in the next few days (once Havertz fully confirmed)

ST: Nicolas Jackson (Villarreal) is on his way to London to discuss terms in person and to visit the facilities at Cobham prior to us triggering his release clause.

Assuming you’re right, and that Chalobah is off to Italy with RLC and Pulisic while Mount goes to Utd and Havertz to Arsenal. the squad would be;

Arrizabalaga, Costa (to pick one of them), Bettinelli 

James, Gusto, Silva, Fofana, Badiashile, Colwill, Chilwell, Cucurella/Maatsen

Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Santos, Hall

Nkunku, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke

Jackson, Broja

Lots of holes to fill. Losing Mount is not an option imo. We also look well light up front. Even if Jackson signs I expect us to sign one more player there. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Disloyal little rat publicly weakening our negotiation position.

I cannot believe how he is systematically destroying his legacy. 

Proper Chels my arse. 

Get his banner down immediately. 

If true, he can rot away in the wilderness for a year too. Sayonara to the Euro’ s dear boy

55 minutes ago, east lower said:

Maybe that’s a topic of it’s own - “Which combination of two players makes the perfect footballer and why?”

Hmm..interesting and a break from the turmoil....SFL/Ossie.....the immense talent total...Ossie's flair and toughness...a hard man in a hard era....plus Frank's skill, discipline application and football brain.

(Ossie/Chopper would be a terrifying prospect ! but not a "perfect"...something to see though.)

Pulisic...on form over the last few years not worth keeping in a clearout....not influential enough ,same as Ziyech and Havertz, to keep for a rebuild....James as the example to keep for the rebuild.

New times ahead,,,,and the bizzare criticism of Chelsea dealing with Saudi interests.... so...Chelsea can be "ordered" not to do a sponsorship deal and can be the subject of deep distrust for dealing with potential legitimate (in a football sense) player transfer sales interests but certain clubs can be owned and financed by the same regional entities and gambling interests have another year of doubtful moral influence ?

Truly a (Sports) World of the insane.

Edited by chara
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ham said:

I’ve said all I want about him, if some people want to forgive and understand him, that’s fine. All I’ll say is wait until we play against him next season, it’ll be a nice toxic atmosphere for him to enjoy, legacy in bin. 

Edited by Floyd25

8 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm..interesting and a break from the turmoil....SFL/Ossie.....the immense talent total...Ossie's flair and toughness...a hard man in a hard era....plus Frank's skill, discipline application and football brain.

(Ossie/Chopper would be a terrifying prospect ! but not a "perfect"...something to see though.)

Pulisic...on form over the last few years not worth keeping in a clearout....not influential enough ,same as Ziyech and Havertz, to keep for a rebuild....James as the example to keep for the rebuild.

New times ahead,,,,and the bizzare criticism of Chelsea dealing with Saudi interests.... so...Chelsea can be "ordered" not to do a sponsorship deal and can be the subject of deep distrust for dealing with potential legitimate (in a football sense) player transfer sales interests but certain clubs can be owned and financed by the same regional entities and gambling interests have another year of doubtful moral influence ?

Truly a (Sports) World of the insane.

Ossie/Drogba hybrid would be something to behold. Especially the pre-injury Ossie.

On the Saudi part of your post, the media had their pencils sharpened and the narrative was being written as regards FFP and our non-compliance.  Now, they’ve had to change the narrative to keep the negative waves going (don’t make with the negative waves man!)

And to keep the movie theme going, and in the words of the very funny Kenneth Williams “infamy, infamy - they’ve all got in in for me”

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ham said:

Proper Chels my arse. 

Exactly. You don't see Rice doing this with West Ham despite the fact that he must be desperate to go. Not only that we are playing nice and asking for reasonable fees whereas West Ham are not! If it's true he is beyond Courtois levels of rattiness! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Proper Chels my arse. 

Pretty low from Mount. Expected better from him.  After today, we have no reason to hurry into a deal. We should stick to our asking price, push Mount’s negotiations to the back of the queue, and get on with our other business. If United want him so badly they can pay up. Otherwise we should just wait it out. We got more important business to attend to. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

you the allegedly an advocate of everything woke and pulling me up on the use of  raving iron,  yet it ok for you to take the P1ss out of someone’s weight problem?

How Bizarre 

Not at all or do we have to abide by one persons views.

Naah...Ham was right..on a windup.... the whole weight issue with Lukaku has been a common theme for ever,... and suddenly it's a no no?

Shame on you...you are way better than this rubbish..why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What Ben Jacobs said. The reporting over the last few weeks just shows there’s a massive bias against Chelsea as a club. City are getting away with murder yet we are selling players below book value to a league just getting off with an interest to buy anyone half decent that’s available. We just happens to have a lot of them. 

Gary Neville. Sometimes I’m not sure what to make of him. 

Assuming you’re right, and that Chalobah is off to Italy with RLC and Pulisic while Mount goes to Utd and Havertz to Arsenal. the squad would be;

Arrizabalaga, Costa (to pick one of them), Bettinelli 

James, Gusto, Silva, Fofana, Badiashile, Colwill, Chilwell, Cucurella/Maatsen

Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Santos, Hall

Nkunku, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke

Jackson, Broja

Lots of holes to fill. Losing Mount is not an option imo. We also look well light up front. Even if Jackson signs I expect us to sign one more player there. 

Add Carney Chukwuemeka in midfield.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Proper Chels my arse. 

I always backed Mount to the hilt and I don't know whether all this stuff about him wanting out is entirely true,but trying desparately to read between the lines I think his mind has been poisoned.

Whether it's the way he thinks he's been treated or greedy agents? I don't know.

He's the best prospect I've seen in quite some time, but let him go now I say with a less heavy heart than I used to.

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I always backed Mount to the hilt and I don't know whether all this stuff about him wanting out is entirely true,but trying desparately to read between the lines I think his mind has been poisoned.

Whether it's the way he thinks he's been treated or greedy agents? I don't know.

He's the best prospect I've seen in quite some time, but let him go now I say with a less heavy heart than I used to.

Excellent post kev. Well said.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

International football achievements are irrelevant when it comes to club level, they are two entirely different games and International football just isn't as high of a standard overall.

Pulisic the epitome of a big fish small pond player that needs to be at the centre of everything because his entire game hinges solely on his own individualism. When he doesn't have a good personal performance his impact on matches is nonexistent, which goes on to harm the team as a whole.

Looking at this game he's got two decent qualities when at the top of his powers - speed and knack for finding space in the box. Otherwise you're looking at a player that has no real football smarts, doesn't make those around him better, is a "wide player" that can't actually do anything in wide areas, has a habit of continuously drifting infield away from where he should be and ending up on the toes of the striker taking their space, plays with his dead down, goes to grown when breathed upon, and ain't much of a passer. 

I'd rather see us extend Aubameyang's contract for another 5 years than see Pulisic kick another ball for Chelsea FC. 

Edited by xceleryx
fish, not finish

7 hours ago, Ham said:

No offence but I just can't belive this is a serious post. Pulisic is rubbish and is only at the club due to an unmoveable contract. 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

His agent prior was his dad, no? Then he switched to Neil Fewings of the Roof Agency back in early to mid March, which I believe have connections in the northern areas. I think Mount's been set on leaving for quite some time now and it's less about him being poisoned. 

Never liked the whole way this has been dealt, particularly with the back and forward between his own PR team and the clubs. 

Would've loved for him to remain for his entire career, but quite frankly he's soured everything achieved here and I hope the home support let that be known whenever he steps foot back inside Stamford Bridge.