Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

15 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mine too. Poetry in motion, both of them.

George grew up in the same city as me.He was much maligned by some sanctimonious feck pots.

A player who practised with both feet!.Imagine that in today's world.

If George played for England he would rightly be considered the best player in the world as pele said.

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Exactly.Some people think players should be like brethren,they aren't.

The hairs on the back of my neck would rise when I watched george best and  charlie cooke play.

Today's lot are like my libido - uninterested and dysfunctional(too much information I know). 

Late for me but I have to follow on from this kev....just reading your post about Best and Charlie makes the hairs stand up....as ever..you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Mason can move on..that's not the issue...it's the doing of the thing that rankles..how long has the saga been dragging on?.... 

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Exactly.Some people think players should be like brethren,they aren't.

The hairs on the back of my neck would rise when I watched george best and  charlie cooke play.

Today's lot are like my libido - uninterested and dysfunctional(too much information I know).

Wouldn't necessarily say this, however what grinds people about Mount is that he was portrayed as the next "Mr Chelsea" and in ways the face of the current generation. 

And while he's not behaved unprofessionally through all of this directly, he's certainly played a role in the turn of events that have transpired behind the scenes that'll tarnish the reputation he's established here to date. 

But yeah, he's not worth the attention anymore and I much rather focus on getting in a replacement that wants to be here to help reestablish the club back at the pointy end of things. 

PS: Commiserations about the libido. 

Edited by xceleryx
Spelling.
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, chara said:

Late for me but I have to follow on from this kev....just reading your post about Best and Charlie makes the hairs stand up....as ever..you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Mason can move on..that's not the issue...it's the doing of the thing that rankles..how long has the saga been dragging on?.... 

So rare isn’t it. Those type of players are beyond even what we’d call ‘class’. Their gifts can’t be trained out of them. Since 1979, those players for me are very few in number - Pat Nevin, Franco Zola (my all time fave) and Eden. 

Imho, people are being a bit harsh on Mason.

As we know. People can be happily married for decades,  yet they can fall out to the point where they hate eachother and not want the other half to even see their kids.  Close friendships can fall apart and never be repaired. If such deep, longtime  relationships can fall apart then so too can a footballers with a club.

Players come and go and if Mason's heart is no longer at this club then so be it. We need fully committed players so it's best for club and player that he moves on. 

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

As far as midfield goes I don't understand why people are banging on about Rice.

Could we not get Maddison for half the price.I don't see a world of a difference between the two except Rice is younger.

Go wash your mouth out

he doesn't fit the clubs profile

• being 26 "to old"
  • 55 goals, 41 assists in 205 game for Leicester which includes 10 goals and 9 assists in a relegated season,
  •  heaps of  character with passion "dare i say leadership qualities"
  • Finally and the big one, he would probably ask for more than two bob per week

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

If George played for England he would rightly be considered the best player in the world as pele said.

I just do not believe he would have got as many games as some think at the time purely due to Sir Alf's being the manager of England and the way he set up England.

Their again i could be way off the mark

30 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Go wash your mouth out

he doesn't fit the clubs profile

• being 26 "to old"
  • 55 goals, 41 assists in 205 game for Leicester which includes 10 goals and 9 assists in a relegated season,
  •  heaps of  character with passion "dare i say leadership qualities"
  • Finally and the big one, he would probably ask for more than two bob per week

I thought being below mid table where we apparently buy all our players from would have been enough of a put off?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought being below mid table where we apparently buy all our players from would have been enough of a put off?

Correct, however Maddison has played most of his time in the top half of the PL with Leicester including putting one over us in the FA cup final

If he was available for say no more than £40 -50 IMO it a sound investment, as you know exactly what is written the label. pay anymore then the club would be in Lady Gaga land

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Nice.

That number, all paid in the one lump + performance related add-ons of £5m+ would sell it for me.

Disappointing, but as it's pretty clear you don't want to be here -  ta, ta and don't let the door hit your backside on the way out

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

A scenario like this is harder for me to fully comprehend being a Hearts fan too where we need all the money we can get etc and would definitely need to cash in (albeit for about 500k or something) but given the other sales and the apparent riches of Clearlake we don't really need the £50m as bonkers as that sounds. I'd be tempted to keep him and train with the youths if we don't get our asking price otherwise the message it sends is we'll be held over a barrel when agitators want out.

Easy to say when it's not my money 😂

I still think there's something troubling about just how many of our players want out and don't think any correlation between that and the new ownership can be talked away. As individual sales, I'm not over the moon. I have come round to the idea, though, that as near a complete reset as we can get probably is for the best. The big question is how right we'll get the incoming part of that reset.

And some news to delight @Mark Kelly ... Inter have apparently asked for Azpi on a free!

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I still think there's something troubling about just how many of our players want out and don't think any correlation between that and the new ownership can be talked away. As individual sales, I'm not over the moon. I have come round to the idea, though, that as near a complete reset as we can get probably is for the best. The big question is how right we'll get the incoming part of that reset.

And some news to delight @Mark Kelly ... Inter have apparently asked for Azpi on a free!

I think Uncy Todd should buy them and shut them down 

Just now, Bert19 said:

I'm of the view that Inter can jog on until they either stump up the cash for Fat Boy or just STFU.  

Yeah , me too

I think Wenger must be running their transfer department as they value all their players too high and undervalue anyone they want to buy.

56 minutes ago, ROTG said:

and who would they be?

Well I think Mudryk, Madueke, Nkunku and Sterling are all capable of getting goals and if we get the balance right I can see Enzo getting a few. If Broja stays I think he can kick on.

We haven’t finished the squad yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

Well I think Mudryk, Madueke, Nkunku and Sterling are all capable of getting goals and if we get the balance right I can see Enzo getting a few. If Broja stays I think he can kick on.

We haven’t finished the squad yet. 

We have Jackson coming too and he looks half decent 

• Like 1