Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I still think there's something troubling about just how many of our players want out and don't think any correlation between that and the new ownership can be talked away. As individual sales, I'm not over the moon. I have come round to the idea, though, that as near a complete reset as we can get probably is for the best. The big question is how right we'll get the incoming part of that reset.

And some news to delight @Mark Kelly ... Inter have apparently asked for Azpi on a free!

Depends how you look at it I suppose. 

You look at who has left, or are on the cusp of leaving, and most have been here for several years now with varied results. Ziyech and Havertz have been so-so at best. Mount's had a down 18 months, some of which can probably be attributed to playing so much football in years prior. Kovacic while a good player doesn't necessarily impact the bottom line enough either and been disappointing all of this past season. While Kante had ran his course through fitness and was becoming more of a liability due to unreliability. 

Then there's the likes of Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and so on that have all been linked with departures that all fit into this mould. 

Obviously some of these have been somewhat forced because of contracts - Mount, Kova and Havertz in particular, but I'm sure overall form during their tenures would've also been considered in all of this. For me, this has been a much needed process and one I'd have done after winning the Champions League.

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Mudryk, Madueke, Nkunku, Borja

Between those four, they will not score more than 20 goals in the PL next season which is a low bar. 
it’s all about opinions and some persons will be eating humble pie next season. 

11 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

You know @ROTG can't look past a good relegated based transfer. 😂

Absolutely if it’s tactical and of a short term benefit.  Rather than wasting zillions on European league has beens 😀

47 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I still think there's something troubling about just how many of our players want out and don't think any correlation between that and the new ownership can be talked away. As individual sales, I'm not over the moon. I have come round to the idea, though, that as near a complete reset as we can get probably is for the best. The big question is how right we'll get the incoming part of that reset.

And some news to delight @Mark Kelly ... Inter have apparently asked for Azpi on a free!

I think you are right to voice the concern as regards the actual number of players that are/were unsettled and appear more than happy to leave. Whether they are classified a 'Rats Leaving a Sinking Ship' or just generally unhappy souls because of lack of playing time, other people on more money or someone else has got the prime car-parking spot nearest the changing rooms............who knows. 

The new ownerships' tenure thus far can hardly be classified as calm, thoughtful and structured - Although they do appear to be attempting to get the wage bill down. There are one or two reported exceptions Koulibaly being one of them, but maybe that deal was one driven by the immediacy of a problem ala Kepa?

A reset is probably the only way to go now and fair play they appear to be steering the ship in that regards currently - hopefully to a decent destination.

As regards Inter, we need to get deals sorted that are necessity and never let them darken our door again. Personally I would rather let Lukaku rot over here than let him stay with them and probably subsidise it to boot. They can get stuffed. 

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Things might change, but as we speak, we don't have a single player who has proven to be good at scoring or creating good chances for our team. 

Which is undeniable.

The big difference will be though that we have a completely different team with a new manager.

I'm with @Chelsea_Matt on this one. We have plenty of goals in our team, under the right guidance and structure. No doubt we need a proper striker but I would be amazed if we don't get one. 

Sterling, Nkunku, Madueke and Mudryk will all score and create goals. We need at least one more though, maybe we keep Pulisic, personally I doubt it and have been told that it is a position we are looking at very closely with a very big transfer lined up.

Once all our outgoings are sorted we will have money to burn, which is ridiculous when we have spent £600m in a year but the way FFP works means we will. For all the talk of our clueless owners this is one side of the business that the TBSD have absolutely nailed. Signing the hottest, brightest young talent from all over the world on FFP friendly contracts to try to build the best team in Europe in two or three years time. It's never been done before and is so refreshing and ridiculously exciting to be a part of.

It's why, despite my early reservations about Pochettino, I wanted was anyone BUT him to replace Tuchel, he is actually the perfect manager for this project. There's a good argument that he more suited to it that Pep even.

I haven't played video games in years but it reminds me of when we first had loads of money on Football manager. I'd sell everyone over 30, doesn't matter who they were and anyone else that I could get decent money for that wouldn't start games and then buy the best young players around. It's like I'm living one of  my football manager saves, in real life and I can't find anything not to like about it. 

The alternative was years of nothingness, we had massively stagnated as a football club with no leadership or direction. The TBSD have at least given us that, even if not everyone agrees with this strategy.

Edited by martin1905
  • Agree 4

Just now, Ham said:

Last season's kit 🤔

Could have been done ages ago given how long everyone’s known about the deal and technically until the new kit (with new Sponsor) is released this is still the current kit.

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Or from middling clubs like Brighton, amirite lol.

Correct 

the days of shopping at Fortum and Mason have long gone, now it’s shopping at Aldi, paying Fortum and Mason prices with a pay peanuts contract thrown in. 

Let’s move on. 

15 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We have a very very good manager now.

Correct 

Shame he doesn’t have the playing staff to support his CV. Maybe he’s decided to take a step back from fame and fortune “that being only in France” to his career at Southampton and spuds. 

just kidding lets move on. 

Edited by ROTG

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's from Gremlins , Gizmo is the cute one , but if you feed him after midnight and get him wet he reproduces evil goblins like Stripe

Showing you age MK and I bet you watch it every Christmas 😀

I wish I knew someone who knew Mason Mount and would tell me what the hell is going on with him.  Why on earth would he want to go to Man U?  Doesn't sit right with me.  He seems to have had a personality transplant.

Yes, I only want players at Chelsea who WANT to be here but this one hurts 😞 

24 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I wish I knew someone who knew Mason Mount and would tell me what the hell is going on with him.  Why on earth would he want to go to Man U?  Doesn't sit right with me.  He seems to have had a personality transplant.

Yes, I only want players at Chelsea who WANT to be here but this one hurts 😞 

Apparently his Dad is a huge United supporter ( well they're from Portsmouth so it makes sense) so I'm sure he's been dripping honey into Mason's ear about what a great huge club they are . 

I expect he respects his Dad and is doing it to not only supposedly further his career , make more money and have a higher profile but to also make his Dad happy.

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently his Dad is a huge United supporter ( well they're from Portsmouth so it makes sense) so I'm sure he's been dripping honey into Mason's ear about what a great huge club they are . 

I expect he respects his Dad and is doing it to not only supposedly further his career , make more money and have a higher profile but to also make his Dad happy.

Thanks Mark.  Still seems weird though 🙁