Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently his Dad is a huge United supporter ( well they're from Portsmouth so it makes sense) so I'm sure he's been dripping honey into Mason's ear about what a great huge club they are . 

I expect he respects his Dad and is doing it to not only supposedly further his career , make more money and have a higher profile but to also make his Dad happy.

It could end up with two best mates from the sunny south, moving to the rainy NW 

Bizarre 😀

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, east lower said:

Given Azpi’s service to us, I would normally say go with our blessing on a free……….but to Inter, not a hope!

One of the good things that's come from all our involvement with Inter is seeing more people dislike them. 

Azpi deserves better than the shit that Inter are.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

One of the good things that's come from all our involvement with Inter is seeing more people dislike them. 

Azpi deserves better than the shit that Inter are.

Hoping he sticks around and has a good relationship with Poch. Whilst we have needed a rebuild in general, we need to keep some continuity and understanding of what being a Chelsea player requires. 
Azpi and Silva to some degree are the only high level experience we have at the club. Providing Azpi is happy with a bit part playing role, I would love to keep him around and then he moves onto the coaching staff, if that’s where he see’s his post playing career.

We need a Chelsea man to be part of the new set up. 

Excl: Chelsea have finally reached full agreement to sign Nicolas Jackson, here we go! 🚨🔵🇸🇳 #CFC Understand Villarreal accepted Chelsea to pay just bit more than €35m release clause but better payment terms using installments. Medical being scheduled, personal terms agreed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Let’s hope he wanna be starting something 🤣🎶

You really think he is going to be a thriller and goals will flow as easy as ABC

it would also be nice to see a striker  not hiding and Stepping out  “JJ not MJ for the teenagers”

Edited by ROTG
Showing my age
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

There are plenty of them coaching in the academy.
My bet is Andy Myers being given a role In Poch set up. 

Not quite the same. No disrespect to Andy, but his career didn’t hit the heights Azpilicueta has. He has won everything as a player here and been an important part of the first team squad , at the highest level for a decade.

He knows the professional standards required at Chelsea. Andy was a bit part player in a much less professional era. Apples and oranges .

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

So rare isn’t it. Those type of players are beyond even what we’d call ‘class’. Their gifts can’t be trained out of them. Since 1979, those players for me are very few in number - Pat Nevin, Franco Zola (my all time fave) and Eden. 

Dead on Matt...remember Nevin doing something outrageous at SB and my mate saying if that had been Bestie or similar the media would have been raving for a week ...not underappreciated at Chelsea..still an all time player for a certain generation ,

Mentioned before but a wet miserable midweek "friendly" at Brentford with Best playing for a Fort Lauderdale (I think) side .... Like most there I went just for a very over the hill Best..still head and shoulders above the rest. Not many players ever have that  sort of pull.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Not quite the same. No disrespect to Andy, but his career didn’t hit the heights Azpilicueta has. He has won everything as a player here and been an important part of the first team squad , at the highest level for a decade.

He knows the professional standards required at Chelsea. Andy was a bit part player in a much less professional era. Apples and oranges .

There have been many on this forum have questioned Azpi’s leadership qualities over the years. 

Great servant / Captain not sure about a dressing room/on the pitch leader. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not an Athletic subscriber, can anyone explain what Twomey is on about here? I would have thought money is money.

I think the point he is making is that the relatively small income from the Saudi clubs is dwarfed by the transfer income we are getting domestically.

It isn't SA that is digging us out of a FFP hole, but the circa 150m from Mount, Havertz and Kovacic.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think the point he is making is that the relatively small income from the Saudi clubs is dwarfed by the transfer income we are getting domestically.

It isn't SA that is digging us out of a FFP hole, but the circa 150m from Mount, Havertz and Kovacic.

You're right Paul.

I look at the Saudi thing to get these guys off the wage bill.

SA are the only one's able to give them similar contracts where as in Europe it's a no go.

Edited by Blue Kratos
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He's not , we have to show £20m from memory in player sales by June 30th , so the sales of Havertz and Mount and Kovacic need to be finalised by then .

We cannot count the money from the Saudis because the international window doesn't open until 1st July , a day after we need the money .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's not , we have to show £20m from memory in player sales by June 30th , so the sales of Havertz and Mount and Kovacic need to be finalised by then .

We cannot count the money from the Saudis because the international window doesn't open until 1st July , a day after we need the money .

You can't ignore the fact either that the revenue from the sales to English clubs is far greater either.

And FFP doesn't work on a 12 month basis, so I am not sure the 1 July thing is particularly relevant in terms of the last 12 months' spending alone. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You can't ignore the fact either that the revenue from the sales to English clubs is far greater either.

And FFP doesn't work on a 12 month basis, so I am not sure the 1 July thing is particularly relevant in terms of the last 12 months' spending alone. 

Correct, it works on a 3 year rolling basis, and furthermore UEFA have in the past allowed clubs to nominally go beyond what's allowed so long as they are showing intent to "get their finances in order". In other words, even if we were some £20m-£30m beyond our limit at the end of the month (which we won't be), the deals we have lined up to sell Mount, Havertz, etc., etc., show "intent" even though they would be counted in a different 3 year window.  Add to which, CFC have never been in breach of FFP before (and are still unlikely to be on 30th June anyway)  so would be treated leniently (contrary to what a lot of the conspiracy theorists and tin-hat wearers in these parts may believe!)

Again, it's a case of lazy thinking on the part of many people... FFP is very different to the way normal business accounts are done. Lots of journalists and commentators discuss Chelsea needing to "balance the books". Obviously at some point, the club has to bring in revenue greater than its outgoings, but in terms of FFP we don't need to sell £500m worth of players to cover the £500m we've bought. To make things simple, if every single player is on a 5 year contract, then amortization means we only need to sell £100m of players to cover the £500m expenditure.

Back of a fag packet numbers suggest we need to raise around £30m by 30th June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2