Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Stick or Twist time then (if true).

I seem to recall Spuds sticking to prices for Modric,,and Kane..... The overall investment in Mount's development means the Chelsea valuation should be stuck to...you want him?..this is the price...take it or leave it...just my humble opinion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, chara said:

I seem to recall Spuds sticking to prices for Modric,,and Kane..... The overall investment in Mount's development means the Chelsea valuation should be stuck to...you want him?..this is the price...take it or leave it...just my humble opinion.

And then what? Get stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here and lose him for free next summer.  Mount leaving us hurts but the money we get from him can go a long way and let's be honest, this squad still needs considerable investment to compete. 

• Agree 1

Just now, DannyLB said:

And then what? Get stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here and lose him for free next summer.  Mount leaving us hurts but the money we get from him can go a long way and let's be honest, this squad still needs considerable investment to compete. 

I agree,of course, but again. if you want it todays price is.... How much do Manure want Mount today?...in a year's time will they still want him?

Mount's market value today is what is at issue.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's not , we have to show £20m from memory in player sales by June 30th , so the sales of Havertz and Mount and Kovacic need to be finalised by then .

We cannot count the money from the Saudis because the international window doesn't open until 1st July , a day after we need the money .

That just stops their new teams registering them. We can sell them and have the money from them any time we agree with them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

9 minutes ago, chara said:

I agree,of course, but again. if you want it todays price is.... How much do Manure want Mount today?...in a year's time will they still want him?

Mount's market value today is what is at issue.

I get the 'economics' thing, however my reading of what's been going on over the last season and a bit is that his form fell through the floor and I just get the feeling that he and his advisors have not been playing things with a completely straight bat. Missing alot of games.

I'd hold out for more, let Mount and his team face the prospect of a year in the wilderness, no Euro's and little or no game time.  They'll soon be onto Man Utd saying pay them the money they want or close to it.

Even the blindly loyal Southgate binned Mount off, when he kept picking Maguire who's form was off the charts - poor.

Mason may well be at a very crucial time in his career.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

That just stops their new teams registering them. We can sell them and have the money from them any time we agree with them.

I suppose so but either way it's only £20m, the. Sky isn't falling down because of it like I keep reading in the media. 

59 minutes ago, east lower said:

I get the 'economics' thing, however my reading of what's been going on over the last season and a bit is that his form fell through the floor and I just get the feeling that he and his advisors have not been playing things with a completely straight bat. Missing alot of games.

I'd hold out for more, let Mount and his team face the prospect of a year in the wilderness, no Euro's and little or no game time.  They'll soon be onto Man Utd saying pay them the money they want or close to it.

Even the blindly loyal Southgate binned Mount off, when he kept picking Maguire who's form was off the charts - poor.

Mason may well be at a very crucial time in his career.

I keep coming back to similar will'o'wisp thoughts....can't quite get an answer in my head ...Mount's saga has been going on for a long while and seems to predate HMGgate and consequences.

Regardless of "football" decisions surrounding the clearout there seems to be an  undercurrent that I have yet to see explained or even articulated.

No noise from, or about, Chilly James Silva Kepa for example but Jorge leaving so quickly and various others chomping at the bit to get away or so it appears all seems somewhat out of kilter to this admittedly OG.

All before The Poch has even officially taken the helm.

I would appreciate any views that may or may not answer or increase my puzzlement.

Maybe part of it is that all footballers want to win trophies so that they can look back on their careers with pride. Maybe those players did not think that they would win anything with Chelsea.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe part of it is that all footballers want to win trophies so that they can look back on their careers with pride. Maybe those players did not think that they would win anything with Chelsea.

A valid point as ever but the anomaly that was this season doesn't alter fact that it is Chelsea....not say, Forest or any of the lower middle to danger zone clubs.

In spite of the TT respect he,again for whatever reason, suddenly struggled to get a decent tune out of the squad...Leeds we shrugged off as "one of those games" but in retrospect was a far more ominous result.

GP was a disaster but still should have been able to get better results  with his track record.

Frank.. I do not lay any blame at his door...just came in to finish the season on hiding to nothing and I rather admire his courage to take on such an odious task knowing what thesituation was in reality.

So,,again..what has been going on at Chelsea?

1 hour ago, chara said:

I keep coming back to similar will'o'wisp thoughts....can't quite get an answer in my head ...Mount's saga has been going on for a long while and seems to predate HMGgate and consequences.

Regardless of "football" decisions surrounding the clearout there seems to be an  undercurrent that I have yet to see explained or even articulated.

No noise from, or about, Chilly James Silva Kepa for example but Jorge leaving so quickly and various others chomping at the bit to get away or so it appears all seems somewhat out of kilter to this admittedly OG.

All before The Poch has even officially taken the helm.

I would appreciate any views that may or may not answer or increase my puzzlement.

I think you're on the money, there's something not quite right in the kingdom and hasn't been since the start last pre-season. However I  can't see why. 

Rumours were that the players had lost respect for TT, probably never had too much respect  for too long for GP - they'd have had his number after 2-3 months and SFL was a 'lamb to the slaughter' in the end.

As a club we're probably in the top 2 successful clubs over the last 18 seasons, so winning things was an attraction and not a distraction, did the 'attraction' disappear with Roman's departure - maybe the big and sometimes unjustified wages did? And did that message get out and with it players thought let's follow the money and get our larger pay packets elsewhere.

Pure guesswork of course on the above, maybe Todd and his merry men have a Man City type masterplan in play and I'm just too old and stupid to spot it?

It's all a bit puzzling for this OG.

Edited by east lower

I'd personally tell United to get f**ked. If you want him, pay for him. It's what we have to do every time. How much, in the long term, is not being perceived as a soft touch going to save us? What does it tell Mount, and any other wantaway player, about how much prospective buyers really value them if they don't cough up?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 20/06/2023 at 09:45, CarefreeMuratcan said:

There is a special boy playing for Fenerbahce called Arda Guler. 18 years old and is going to be a superstar.  Scored a banger against Wales last night:

Real Madrid are monitoring Fenerbahce teenager Arda Guler, 18, who has been dubbed the 'Turkish Messi'. (Mail)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

I wish I knew someone who knew Mason Mount and would tell me what the hell is going on with him.  Why on earth would he want to go to Man U?  Doesn't sit right with me.  He seems to have had a personality transplant.

Yes, I only want players at Chelsea who WANT to be here but this one hurts 😞 

I’m with you here Jane, it troubles me greatly that someone like Mason would jump ship and United. Gets me thinking what we’ve done to poss him off so much, or what could possibly have happened for him to start behaving like this. 

It’s just all so weird. He’s been one of our top three players over the last three seasons. This shouldn’t be happening. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd personally tell United to get f**ked. If you want him, pay for him. It's what we have to do every time. How much, in the long term, is not being perceived as a soft touch going to save us? What does it tell Mount, and any other wantaway player, about how much prospective buyers really value them if they don't cough up?

Yep same here

1 hour ago, chara said:

A valid point as ever but the anomaly that was this season doesn't alter fact that it is Chelsea....not say, Forest or any of the lower middle to danger zone clubs.

In spite of the TT respect he,again for whatever reason, suddenly struggled to get a decent tune out of the squad...Leeds we shrugged off as "one of those games" but in retrospect was a far more ominous result.

GP was a disaster but still should have been able to get better results  with his track record.

Frank.. I do not lay any blame at his door...just came in to finish the season on hiding to nothing and I rather admire his courage to take on such an odious task knowing what thesituation was in reality.

So,,again..what has been going on at Chelsea?

Long shot - maybe the whole Russia hoax against RA had been bubbling up for a while? Roman will have connections everywhere. 👀

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Long shot - maybe the whole Russia hoax against RA had been bubbling up for a while? Roman will have connections everywhere. 👀

Not sure what you mean Matt....Russian Hoax means something else over here...

Clarify for a far away  OG!

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

All the virtue-signalling BS that Roman was friends with Putin and caused the Ukraine invasion!

But but that's what the media printed and broadcasted so must be true,😆

OK I understand what you mean and agree about the bs but how  do you see that impacting on Chelsea at this time?...genuine question not a sneer...just trying to get a sense of what,if anything, is at the bottom of the Sh**Sh** we have been seeing for the last year or so and as it continues today>

53 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m with you here Jane, it troubles me greatly that someone like Mason would jump ship and United. Gets me thinking what we’ve done to poss him off so much, or what could possibly have happened for him to start behaving like this. 

It’s just all so weird. He’s been one of our top three players over the last three seasons. This shouldn’t be happening. 

Have we considered the possibility that the people brought in to manage the football operation simply do not rate Mount as much as the fans do? And maybe they gave him a contract offer which reflected that which the player turned down.

If they have have judged Mount purely on his form over the last 18 months and his salary demands then who cna blame them? I like Mount but he's not worth this much hassle in my opinion and if Man Utd cough up enough money then send him packing. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chara said:

But but that's what the media printed and broadcasted so must be true,😆

OK I understand what you mean and agree about the bs but how  do you see that impacting on Chelsea at this time?...genuine question not a sneer...just trying to get a sense of what,if anything, is at the bottom of the Sh**Sh** we have been seeing for the last year or so and as it continues today>

Well. As I say a long shot but it could be something that caused an underlying uncertainty/malaise at the club. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chara said:

The McAllister deal set the bar for this transfer window 

25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Have we considered the possibility that the people brought in to manage the football operation simply do not rate Mount as much as the fans do? And maybe they gave him a contract offer which reflected that which the player turned down.

If they have have judged Mount purely on his form over the last 18 months and his salary demands then who cna blame them? I like Mount but he's not worth this much hassle in my opinion and if Man Utd cough up enough money then send him packing. 

No serious person would evaluate and reward a player that’s 24 years old and who’s carried this club for 24 months prior to a dip in form, solely on the period where he’s not performed up to scratch with his own high standards. We’ve played him into the ground. He was bound to have a reaction. 

He’s out PotY both in 2021 and 2022. Look at the names of the other players who has managed to win two PotY here. Then remember that he did it in four seasons… If the current ownership doesn’t rate him they are the ones who should leave.