Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I agree most definitely on point one.

As for point two, let’s say you’re right.

We’re  now (imo) on a better trajectory, a real fresh start. The Saudi stuff and other sales look to be superb work by the club and imo we look much better placed to move forward with a great manager. 

Despite it being a shocker last year was only  one bad season, and we’re now on the up, not a decline. And Mase wants to go? He still made 35 appearances last season and was crap. Doesn’t he take any responsibility?

Doubt it. And why would he? He has a lot of people making all sorts of excuses for him, demanding he gets a huge pay rise for things he did 18+ months ago. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well said by Frank Leboeuf:

“It’s not my feelings of football; you play for a club, you cheer the shirt, you kiss the badge, and two months after you sign for another club?

“If you’ve played three years for Chelsea and you were at the club last season when it was terrible and then you sign for Arsenal or United then you know what? Goodbye! They don’t want to try to resolve the problem, they just want to escape from it, and that I don’t like. I have respect for those players, especially Mount, but I don’t understand why he would go from Chelsea to United. That’s my view.”

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2023/06/goodbye-chelsea-legend-has-message-for-any-current-players-who-dont-want-to-be-here/

Sums up pretty much the confusion most of us feel...players moving on is not the issue with Mount...why when the first contract negations and subsequent ones, were rejected was there no talk..as far as I recall..of any transfer away?..all was put down to "terms".....after two years of "negations" (or not) it is now a transfer, want away, issue.

Havertz Pulisic Ziyech ...on playing effectiveness,for whatever reasons, can move on and unfortunately,again for whatever reasons, Mount drifts into that category as things stand..difference for me is that the first three will probably never step up in anything but a marginal way whereas Mason can,,and will wherever he is.

Mason lost form or perhaps played well below his proven ability whereas the other three basically didn't reach the levels they were purchased to attain.

Make your case Mason...then perhaps on any return to SB you may get a welcome..as it stands most of us are building up a resentment  unfair as it may be.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Well said by Frank Leboeuf:

“It’s not my feelings of football; you play for a club, you cheer the shirt, you kiss the badge, and two months after you sign for another club?

“If you’ve played three years for Chelsea and you were at the club last season when it was terrible and then you sign for Arsenal or United then you know what? Goodbye! They don’t want to try to resolve the problem, they just want to escape from it, and that I don’t like. I have respect for those players, especially Mount, but I don’t understand why he would go from Chelsea to United. That’s my view.”

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2023/06/goodbye-chelsea-legend-has-message-for-any-current-players-who-dont-want-to-be-here/

Absolutely BS from a man who on more than one occasion asked unofficially to leave, during his early days at the club. 

I can’t remember but if memory serves me uncle Ken was very generous giving Frank pay rises in line with the top earners at the club especially When you look at who came through the door during Franks time at the club. 

Frank might have kissed the badge but he was never the man to play on a cold winters night at plough lane. 

Enough Said  

Edited by ROTG

18 hours ago, xceleryx said:

This is the fine line of football. Present day form accounts for a lot, irrespective of past achievements. You can't always use a players prior history as a means of justification or a basis to make decisions upon. Sometimes that needs to be ignored and instead focus put on where a player fits moving forward, or if they'll improve beyond the point of where they are now.

Mount's form over the last 18 months has been underwhelming, however as you've said, and I've expressed this also, he's played a lot of football since debuting for us and that'll likely have caught up and impacted what he's been able to do on the pitch. A good rest, which is what he's gotten now, could be the catalyst for a return to form. On the flip side, maybe it doesn't change anything and Mount's simply hit his ceiling. 

It'a also difficult to compare players POTY accolades, as they really aren't all the same as each other. Mount's collected his two for example in arguably some of the weakest Chelsea squads seen in the last 15-20 years. The likes of Lampard, Mata, Hazard got their multiple POTY awards in much stronger sides. Not dismissing Mount's achievements, he can only win it in the sides that he's in. Just tough to compare winning it across different generations. 

It’s not like we are talking about a Dele Alli type scenario here. Mason Mount is a hard working lad and somehow we have managed to loss him off so badly there seem to be no way back. It’s not a fine line, the lad is a starter for us if he stays. 

19 hours ago, Bison said:

Chelsea POTY is a fan award if I'm not mistaken. An online poll at that. People mention this double POTY award like he won the balon d'Or. Kante in the Champions League win season played at a level Mount will never reach and there was no award for him. 

All the current ownership have experienced with Mount so far is injuries, bad form and inflated wage demands. Good for them for not caving in because Mount won an online poll two years ago.

I’m sorry, how should such awards be handed out in that case? Hottest WAG on Instagram? The online poll you are mocking is how we determine our PotY. Just because it suits your agenda now, it’s rather disingenuous to discount it completely because it’s decided by fans online (you gotta be a member to vote by the way). 

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely BS from a man who on more than one occasion asked unofficially to leave, during his early days at the club. 

I can’t remember but if memory serves me uncle Ken was very generous giving Frank pay rises in line with the top earners at the club especially When you look at who came through the door during Franks time at the club. 

Frank might have kissed the badge but he was never the man to play on a cold winters night at plough lane. 

Enough Said  

You’re not wrong, Mr Gizmo, it has to be said.

30 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It’s not like we are talking about a Dele Alli type scenario here. Mason Mount is a hard working lad and somehow we have managed to loss him off so badly there seem to be no way back. It’s not a fine line, the lad is a starter for us if he stays. 

He doesn’t meet certain posters  criteria who prefer mid table recruiters and try to build them up as the second coming. 

At the end of the day, why would any top International stay at a club where in the past 12 months have seen a club self destruct from the boards management and decision making. 

So let me get this straight. Mount is (was) their no.1 transfer priority. But they’re not prepared to pay 60/65m for him, which, if he was under contract, would be a steal. The fact that he’s near the end of his contract, means they’re not prepared to go higher than 50/55m. A difference of around 5m. Compare this to Declan Rice, in a similar contract situation at West Ham, who is still going to command a fee in the region of 90/100m. So United have walked away, throwing their toys out the pram and claiming they’re now going after our transfer priority Caicedo who plays in a different position to Mount, and who will likely cost in the region of 80m.

I hope Mount realises that Man United are not a serious club. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2