Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

In case people aren't aware of what you're talking about...

6f90cfb2189e0907.jpg

Yikes. Great footballer, no dress sense whatsoever. That’s just criminal… Nearly everything is wrong with that outfit, colour, size and t-shirt instead of a proper shirt. And what on earth is he wearing on his feet???

58 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Whisper it quietly, but we’ve signed Whisper Richards, who will join next season when he turns 18. 

Who? 

44 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Wait. What?

IMG_7356.jpeg

Hope this is true, really, really do. Part of me like to think we sold Havertz because we know Mount will be staying. 🤞

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So let me get this straight. Mount is (was) their no.1 transfer priority. But they’re not prepared to pay 60/65m for him, which, if he was under contract, would be a steal. The fact that he’s near the end of his contract, means they’re not prepared to go higher than 50/55m. A difference of around 5m. Compare this to Declan Rice, in a similar contract situation at West Ham, who is still going to command a fee in the region of 90/100m. So United have walked away, throwing their toys out the pram and claiming they’re now going after our transfer priority Caicedo who plays in a different position to Mount, and who will likely cost in the region of 80m.

I hope Mount realises that Man United are not a serious club. 

I hope you realise that the persons writing this aren’t ITKs. They just write shit on twitter. Some they get right, some wrong. Doesn’t mean they actually know shit in advance. I could probably start a twitter account, post something claiming I know. Get some shit right and all of a sudden people will believe anything I write. 

Imagine this. Last summer I said Tuchel was going to get fired. I could have pretended that I was informed from someone on the inside and that his days would be numbered. Imagine then when he is fired two months in, I would pull that tweet back and say I told you so. Get some like that right and all of a sudden you look like you are informed (instead of having a hunch). 

13 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So let me get this straight. Mount is (was) their no.1 transfer priority. But they’re not prepared to pay 60/65m for him, which, if he was under contract, would be a steal. The fact that he’s near the end of his contract, means they’re not prepared to go higher than 50/55m

McAllister transfer to the dippers set the bar for this summers transfers of particular types of midfield player

especially those with one year contracts remaining 

Edited by ROTG

16 hours ago, ROTG said:

McAllister transfer to the dippers set the bar for this summers transfers of particular types of midfield player

especially those with one year contracts remaining 

Something that others have mentioned before, when you've used Mac Allister as an example regarding fees - and which you constantly ignore - is that Mac Allister had a buy-out clause whereas none of the other major midfield targets do.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Wait. What?

IMG_7356.jpeg

Damage limitation after the transfer not happening. This isn't really good for anyone involved in my opinion. Mount has burnt his bridges, Man U want him, not Caicedo; and we need Caicedo more than we need Mount.

Everyone loses if there's a play to return Mount to his previous status at the club in my view.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Damage limitation after the transfer not happening. This isn't really good for anyone involved in my opinion. Mount has burnt his bridges, Man U want him, not Caicedo; and we need Caicedo more than we need Mount.

Everyone loses if there's a play to return Mount to his previous status at the club in my view.

I don’t think Mount has burnt his bridges quite yet, tinged then slightly maybe, however, this isn’t like Lukaku when he arranged interviews to tell everyone that would listen how much he loved another club.

All we really have is that some ‘ITKs’ have reported Mount doesn’t want to renew his contract and then that Man United were interested and he wanted to sign there and only there… not that long ago we were told it was Liverpool.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not impressed with what I’ve read and if it has truth to it then my opinion of him has dropped a lot, but if he turns out in a Chelsea shirt next season I and I would guess most Chelsea fans will be happy to see him and cheer him on, possibly not with the same passion as before, but I’d still back him.

The issue will be if he’s still refusing to sign in 6 months time, then the fans may well start to turn.

If Man United go after Caicedo, then they will need to outbid us, which I just don’t see happening, especially given the fact they don’t really need him and he would cost considerably more than Mount. If it is all true, then it’s just Man United trying to put pressure on us and I hope the club just ignore them.

All that said, I still wouldn’t be shocked to see him move this summer.

28 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Damage limitation after the transfer not happening. This isn't really good for anyone involved in my opinion.

His PR team spinning it that he never wanted to leave, will never be a buyable story. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely BS from a man who on more than one occasion asked unofficially to leave, during his early days at the club. 

I can’t remember but if memory serves me uncle Ken was very generous giving Frank pay rises in line with the top earners at the club especially When you look at who came through the door during Franks time at the club. 

Frank might have kissed the badge but he was never the man to play on a cold winters night at plough lane. 

Enough Said  

I don't get it.An ex player makes a statement and  people fall over themselves to agree with  him.

Frank was a decent player but he was around in a different era.

Why do we discount what papers( the guardian is not a rag) say and believe what LaBeouf says.

Is Frank's view any more valid than the obnoxious Chris Sutton?.

On 23/06/2023 at 08:08, Floyd25 said:

Two completely different midfielders though.

Could you elaborate?.Central midfielders are similar which I think Maddison and Rice are.

Anyway,Declan Rice should be playing for Ireland with a name like that🙂

Edited by kev61

20 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

we’re now on the up, not a decline.

What data do you have that would support your theory?.

We haven't kicked a ball since our revolutionary changes.

We could be just as crap next season...dont you think?

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

What data do you have that would support your theory?.

We haven't kicked a ball since our revolutionary changes.

We could be just as crap next season...dont you think?

I’m an optimistic realist. Much better than being miserable. Life is better when you’re happy.  We seem to be selling all the dead wood, making good purchases and have a terrific manager in place. 

As Basil Fawlty said to Manuel, “Why don’t you cheer up, for Christ’s sake?!” 🤪🫶🏻

Neither are Caicedo and Mount. I have to assume that Man Utd were intending to go after Caicedo as a separate issue from Mount. They might be trolling, I suppose, but t seems a bit childish. Or they might have a lot of money burning a hole in their pocket that they are desperate to spend, in which case, I can help them out with that.

Edited by Sciatika

14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It’s not like we are talking about a Dele Alli type scenario here. Mason Mount is a hard working lad and somehow we have managed to loss him off so badly there seem to be no way back. It’s not a fine line, the lad is a starter for us if he stays. 

Hard working Mount may be, but if he's mentally checked out that's no help to us either. If he was that entrenched on being a Chelsea player he'd be willing to make a certain degree of sacrifice that would allow for that to be the case rather than jump ship to a rival.

As for being a starter if he stays, that's a different can of worms to be opening. In short,  I don't think it's quite as sure of a thing as it was a couple seasons back - at least not on the form displayed over the last 18 months and with Nkunku likely to play the position Mount would hold. 

13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

In case people aren't aware of what you're talking about...

6f90cfb2189e0907.jpg

If it’s the same people advising him on his fashion that are advising him on his transfer then it’s easy to see where it all went wrong!

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Could you elaborate?.Central midfielders are similar which I think Maddison and Rice are.

Sure, but one is a defensive midfielder, one is an attacking midfielder, definitely a big difference in the two roles. 

Edited by Floyd25