Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not as bad as the Elvis impersonator who took over from Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys a few years ago.

Bring back Alex from Sheffield!!!!

Huh?..thought he went to PSG and AC Milan..Sheffield?..Wednesday or United?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I see that the club have just officially announced Koulibaly’s departure.

It’s on the official website, no fee amount mentioned but definitely a transfer.

€23m and worth every cent to get rid. Hurry up Zyiech and Mendy! 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I don’t know where to begin with this.  I’m a granny who’s going to a wedding in a few weeks time where I might have one too many and I would absolutely love to do Karaoke 😉

Oh dear ☹️

Yes, but will you be on the sherry? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Have you heard old Rodney Stewart lately? Sounds like a very bad tribute act you'd hear in a grubby backstreet pub.🙁

Why do they do it? it's not as if they need  the money!.

Now we have Elton singing like Billy Connolly in the pub sketch.

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Hard working Mount may be, but if he's mentally checked out that's no help to us either. If he was that entrenched on being a Chelsea player he'd be willing to make a certain degree of sacrifice that would allow for that to be the case rather than jump ship to a rival.

As for being a starter if he stays, that's a different can of worms to be opening. In short,  I don't think it's quite as sure of a thing as it was a couple seasons back - at least not on the form displayed over the last 18 months and with Nkunku likely to play the position Mount would hold. 

We don’t know what offer the club has given him. My take is that it’s nowhere near what he should expect. Koulibaly given £295k/week and he’s a fairly average PL defender. No wonder our academy products watch with dismay. 

7 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd say this forum has, historically, been more prone to moaning about the club not just coughing up asking prices. Fingers have been burned a bit more recently ...

The funny thing is that we actually have moved the goalposts. It is the club who had aggressively briefed Mount had to sign a new deal or be sold this summer. I know some here are very keen to ignore these sorts of details and focus on rejected offers they don't know actually existed, but the club-lead stories about Mount being sold if he didn't do as asked are publicly available. Indeed, that was the whole point of them.

We'll get a few million more out of Utd, after a poor result or two in August if not before.

I see it like this as well. The club has given Mount an offer he doesn’t think is quite good enough. The club then proceeds to force him into a corner of sign or be sold. 

We are now at the crossroads of him being sold. I’m don’t think this has been the smartest move by the club, especially since the signal it sends is way stronger for someone like Mount than say just another mercenary from Serie A. 

Nowt wrong with a nice bit of posh at Glasto. It’s changed a bit since I first passed through (1974), but at least the khazis are almost usable and you don’t have to climb over the fences. Haven’t been since 2012 - knees objected to all that mud - but it’s still a ball.

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Bye bye Kalidou. Looked great on paper but a disaster really. And Napoli won Serie A without him! I wish him well at his new club.  Just glad he’s off the wage bill and that Colwill can hopefully take his place. 

Ridiculously overrated. He was a good defender in Serie A, given how poor that league has been for a decade now that’s hardly something to be proud of and certainly not something that will fly at 31 in the PL. Justvlike you say, Napoli won it the minute he left. It was painfully obvious very quickly that he had no business playing in this league. The Saudi move comes at a great time for him, he can go without the public ridicule. But make no mistake, if the Saudis weren’t going big for their domestic league he would have ended up exactly like that. Benched by Colwill at the start of the season. 

Personally I was surprised how average he was. Not very fast, not very good in the tackle. Rather prone to the occasional brain fart and his passing wasn’t much to compare to the hype. Not the best in the air either. I’m struggling to see what he was supposed to bring? Imagine we gave him a 5 year deal at 31 for 295k/week. That’s astonishing really. Won’t be missed, just pissed off he had the audacity to ask for JTs shirt. Hah! 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Ridiculously overrated. He was a good defender in Serie A, given how poor that league has been for a decade now that’s hardly something to be proud of and certainly not something that will fly at 31 in the PL. Justvlike you say, Napoli won it the minute he left. It was painfully obvious very quickly that he had no business playing in this league. The Saudi move comes at a great time for him, he can go without the public ridicule. But make no mistake, if the Saudis weren’t going big for their domestic league he would have ended up exactly like that. Benched by Colwill at the start of the season. 

Personally I was surprised how average he was. Not very fast, not very good in the tackle. Rather prone to the occasional brain fart and his passing wasn’t much to compare to the hype. Not the best in the air either. I’m struggling to see what he was supposed to bring? Imagine we gave him a 5 year deal at 31 for 295k/week. That’s astonishing really. Won’t be missed, just pissed off he had the audacity to ask for JTs shirt. Hah! 

Great post. 🫶🏻 Compare to when we bought Marcel at about the same age, and how brilliant he was almost straight away. Different planet! 

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Personally I think Elton sounds incredible. Forget the fact that he's 76.  Smashing it. 

Size of that crowd too 😳

Tom Jones is 102, sounds better and has still has his own hair!.

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Tom Jones is 102, sounds better and has still has his own hair!.

Come on, @kev61, they’ve only seven years between them and hair don’t make music - and the crowds big because it’s been a relatively shit Glasto. But I’ll give you that Tom > Elton. Although Elton does write some damn fine songs ….

ps Koulibali didn’t fit. End. Good luck to him

Edited by Blue Moon
Afterthought

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Although Elton does write some damn fine songs ….

He does, I'm kinda messing.Personally I preferred his captain fantastic album rather than his more recent stuff.