Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

20 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Great post. 🫶🏻 Compare to when we bought Marcel at about the same age, and how brilliant he was almost straight away. Different planet! 

Back then there was a much greater spread of quality across the major leagues in Europe, which meant the performances of players were a much more reliable guide in terms of how good they were and how much they were worth. Sadly, the league's across Europe are now much weaker which makes it more difficult to judge the players true quality and worth.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Absolute bellend these past few days on social media. Ok so you've got issues with the club but don't spit in the face of the fans.  

Showing immaturity or just disrespect. 

So quick to judge!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12232093/Kepa-Arrizabalaga-Andrea-Martinez-tie-knot-stunning-Marbella-wedding.html

15 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He does, I'm kinda messing.Personally I preferred his captain fantastic album rather than his more recent stuff.

Vaguely relevant!...funny what things stick in the memory....leaving a nothing preseason game in Spain...desultory stone throwing at our team bus from locals..what really sticks is for some reason the driver had "Crocodile Rock" playing.....again..funny what sticks in the memory.😍

31 minutes ago, chara said:

Vaguely relevant!...funny what things stick in the memory....leaving a nothing preseason game in Spain...desultory stone throwing at our team bus from locals..what really sticks is for some reason the driver had "Crocodile Rock" playing.....again..funny what sticks in the memory.😍

You'r not going to believe this.I was on a coach travelling to play in a football match in Galway(southern Ireland) and the two songs that were playing on the radio that sticks in my head were "song sung blue" by Neil Diamond and "Crocodile Rock".

I couldn't have been any more than twelve at the time.Now I can't remember what I had for last night's dinner.

Edited by kev61
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not at all.  I already said there were many players there and I stand by the opinion that his post was loaded. 

No such comment with any other player. Nothing similar in pics with Jorginho or Christensen.  

Believe what you want. 

58 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He does, I'm kinda messing.Personally I preferred his captain fantastic album rather than his more recent stuff.

His early to mid 70's stuff was great, with Someone Saved My Life Tonight being one of my all-time favourite pop songs. Have to say that I never liked anything he made after the 1970's. Same with Rod Stewart i might add.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Very harsh on Koulibaly.

Not harsh factual.

The bloke was toilet and was never going to last in the PL.  His level was lower than most of the players you berated last season. 

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

His early to mid 70's stuff was great, with Someone Saved My Life Tonight being one of my all-time favourite pop songs. Have to say that I never liked anything he made after the 1970's. Same with Rod Stewart i might add.

Yep agree." Do you think I'm sexy"...what was that all about Rod and then the great american songbook...all pish.

Just a quote..."I don't like that surfing shit..Rock'n' Roll has been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died"...only an OG muse!

And ..yep KK..whilst not entirely "toilet" certainly a let down after, it seems, years of being "linked"..... best gone ..

Edited by chara

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Just a quote..."I don't like that surfing shit..Rock'n' Roll has been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died"...only an OG muse!

And ..yep KK..whilst not entirely "toilet" certainly a let down after, it seems, years of being "linked"..... best gone ..

Unfortunately we are living in an age when  mediocrity is not just accepted but richly rewarded.

When was the last time you watched a decent film or a decent drama on the screen(with the exception of  the adaptation of("Great Expectations" shown recently).

14 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Unfortunately we are living in an age when  mediocrity is not just accepted but richly rewarded.

When was the last time you watched a decent film or a decent drama on the screen(with the exception of  the adaptation of("Great Expectations" shown recently).

Hmm...realise that you are not asking for examples but was thinking we have watched some good stuff on streaming sites...but that actually confirms your post...takes a lot to filter and work through some absolute dross to find some good stuff.

"The English"  (not a dig!😁) Latest "Endevour" tonight...but you are right...football..Sir Jack G ?..media darling..not fit to lace Bestie's boots...indeed the era of the mediocre "star".

Edited by chara

26 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm...realise that you are not asking for examples but was thinking we have watched some good stuff on streaming sites...but that actually confirms your post...takes a lot to filter and work through some absolute dross to find some good stuff.

"The English"  (not a dig!😁) Latest "Endevour" tonight...but you are right...football..Sir Jack G ?..media darling..not fit to lace Bestie's boots...indeed the era of the mediocre "star".

Then we have "celebrities" taking over tv."Celebrity bake off",  "celebrity mastermind",celebrity tiddly winks"...ffs.

How about "celebrity squid game" where then can earn a fortune but of they fail they sign a contract never to appear on tv again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd say this forum has, historically, been more prone to moaning about the club not just coughing up asking prices. Fingers have been burned a bit more recently ...

The funny thing is that we actually have moved the goalposts. It is the club who had aggressively briefed Mount had to sign a new deal or be sold this summer. I know some here are very keen to ignore these sorts of details and focus on rejected offers they don't know actually existed, but the club-lead stories about Mount being sold if he didn't do as asked are publicly available. Indeed, that was the whole point of them.

We'll get a few million more out of Utd, after a poor result or two in August if not before.

Let's be real here, we tend to moan about everything as football fans.

Not sure I'd consider us as having moved the goalposts, it's a natural situation where if Mount doesn't/didn't extend he'd be sold. We  live in a footballing world now where clubs just can't allow assets like Mount to dictate terms and leave on a free, the financial loss involved is down right poor business and has a knock on effect in terms of what the club may be able to spend moving forward. 

There's just as much PR on Mount's behalf trying to push the onus back on the club as if he's not had a role to play in any of this. As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. 

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We don’t know what offer the club has given him. My take is that it’s nowhere near what he should expect. Koulibaly given £295k/week and he’s a fairly average PL defender. No wonder our academy products watch with dismay. 

We don't, you're right. That's a big hurdle in all of this is that we really don't know what's what when it's all been said and done, we're purely forming opinions based on speculation in which both sides have been as guilty as each other in trying to put the onus on the other.  

Koulibaly was paid on the back being an elite defender for years on end, obviously not his time in the Premier League. He's also now been sold because performances didn't marry up. It's naive to think Mount hasn't had the opportunity to increase his earning power here, we just don't know to what capacity. He's certainly not a £295k pw player either, I know that much.

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Let's be real here, we tend to moan about everything as football fans.

Not sure I'd consider us as having moved the goalposts, it's a natural situation where if Mount doesn't/didn't extend he'd be sold. We  live in a footballing world now where clubs just can't allow assets like Mount to dictate terms and leave on a free, the financial loss involved is down right poor business and has a knock on effect in terms of what the club may be able to spend moving forward. 

There's just as much PR on Mount's behalf trying to push the onus back on the club as if he's not had a role to play in any of this. As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. 

So.Mount is a whinger and should be happy to accept what he is offered.

Whilst he should accept the talentless high rollers  that thankfully we are starting to get rid of.

Kante is another player you were quick to get rid of.Honestly you sound like an AI version of a human being.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So.Mount is a whinger and should be happy to accept what he is offered.

Whilst he should accept the talentless high rollers  that thankfully we are starting to get rid of.

Kante is another player you were quick to get rid of.Honestly you sound like an AI version of a human being

Never said that, did I, Kev. 

As for Kante, that was a different situation based on age, play style, fit moving forward and of course the biggest elephant in the room injuries. 

Not that you've got much of a leg to stand on, you're out here trying suggesting Rice and Maddison play the same position lol.

28 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Not that you've got much of a leg to stand on, you're out here trying suggesting Rice and Maddison play the same position lol.

You laugh at me?.You seem to think a professional footballer has to play in a designated area.

Maybe that's what's wrong in today's game.

In your head there should a

defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder as a rule.

I will guess you haven't played the game at any level.

The eleven players in a

team should be able to play in at least one other position except the goal keeper.

Is that  beyond your comprehension? 

Edited by kev61

18 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You laugh at me?.You seem to think a professional footballer has to play in a designated area.

Maybe that's what's wrong in today's game.

In your head there should a

defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder as a rule.

I will guess you haven't played the game at any level.

The eleven players in a

team should be able to play in at least one other position except the goal keeper.

Is that  beyond your comprehension? 

Players have primary positions Kev, that's how it works. In some instances these players will have instructions as part of their role in the side that are more rigid, other times they'll have more freedoms. It all differs depending on the overall setup and tactical approach of the team. Not every position or player have interchangeability. What next, you'll tell me a CB should be capable of playing LW. Or that someone like Maddison should be able to do Rice's job like you've already claimed, and visa versa. Please. 

As for my own sporting background none of it is really relevant, yet you of all people questioning did make me chuckle given the state of your takes. 

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

As for my own sporting background none of it is really relevant, yet you of all people questioning did make me chuckle given the state of your takes. 

"Chuckle" all you like.How about you read a few biographies on footballers.

You suffer with grey horse syndrome.You believe in stupid metrics that makes you look...logical.

Edited by kev61

12 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"Chuckle" all you like.How about you read a few biographies on footballers.

You suffer with grey horse syndrome.You believe in stupid metrics that makes you look...logical.

Ahh yes, because reading biographies somehow bestows unparalleled wisdom and knowledge. 

I don't suffer from anything, well besides a bad back and a few other injuries, but I appreciate your concern. 

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Ahh yes, because reading biographies somehow bestows unparalleled wisdom and knowledge. 

It will enlighten you as to what happens in the mind of a professional footballer.

Admittedly in a bygone era and not in some sort of a thesis that you espouse.

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

We  live in a footballing world now where clubs just can't allow assets like Mount to dictate terms and leave on a free, the financial loss involved is down right poor business and has a knock on effect in terms of what the club may be able to spend moving forward. 

Obviously TBSD are not on the same wave length as you

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Obviously TBSD are not on the same wave length as you

Personally I do want the club to be run responsibly and profitably. From a fan’s view, paying players like Lukaku an alleged £300,000 a week really grinds my gears. If he was giving everything and delivering then I honestly wouldn’t mind as much.