Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Silent Witness is the prime example of a programme being used as a vehicle to push agendas. Once brilliant and now completely unwatchable.

How many minorities can we cram into a program before anyone notices the plot is sh*t? That one? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Fingers crossed but I actually like RLC a lot.  It'll be a shame to see him finally go. 

Agree, but if he is not going to command a regular slot in our matchday squad, including minutes on the pitch, I would prefer him to move to a club where he gets regular football and be the best that he can be in that context. It's basically the same wish I have for all our academy graduates. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How many minorities can we cram into a program before anyone notices the plot is sh*t? That one? 

That's the one. 

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

From now on can we stick to what this thread should be about i e transfers.

Thank you.

Sorry.  Noted. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

At risk of it sounding like a lazy comparison, there are elements of a young Drogba in his playing style. 

Was not the same written about D Forfana a couple of months ago - Do not understand this potential signing at all

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Agree, but if he is not going to command a regular slot in our matchday squad, including minutes on the pitch, I would prefer him to move to a club where he gets regular football and be the best that he can be in that context. It's basically the same wish I have for all our academy graduates. 

Off the top of my head there are going to be more than half a dozen ex-acadamy graduates playing in Europe next season and most in the CL

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Off the top of my head there are going to be more than half a dozen ex-acadamy graduates playing in Europe next season and most in the CL

I expect more than that.

Christensen. Tomori. Abraham. Gilmour. Rice. Mount (if he goes). RLC (if he goes to Milan). Ake. Van Aanholt possibly. 

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Was not the same written about D Forfana a couple of months ago - Do not understand this potential signing at all

You know why that is don't you? 

Because there are elements of a young Drogba in his game. 

The three minutes he had in our first team he was the only player in the squad who actually looked like a  centre forward. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Wonder what will happen with Omari Hutchinson. His name has gone off radar.

At the rate we're selling our players and the depth to our right side, i foresee him being in the first team squad next season. 

7 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

At the rate we're selling our players and the depth to our right side, i foresee him being in the first team squad next season. 

or he might head to the german border region of France

Edited by ROTG

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You know why that is don't you? 

Because there are elements of a young Drogba in his game. 

The three minutes he had in our first team he was the only player in the squad who actually looked like a  centre forward. 

You might find Mason Burstow is higher up the pecking order, if the first team is data driven

With the reduced games next year I can see why RLC is leaving. It is a shame to see the back of a versatile back up who rarely complains about gametime due to his injury history. At 27 however there's not a great scope for him to ever break into the starting line up on a regular basis. With his physicality I think he will do great in Serie A. 

Far more important is keeping Gallagher and Chalobah who are quality young squad players for the long term. They are both great athletes, adaptable and never leave the pitch without giving it everything. We'll only end up spending a fortune on average replacements down the line.

With Mount, Havertz and Felix all likely leaving Gallagher should get plenty of minutes and is a player that I'm sure Poch will love. We are more stacked at CB where Chalobah may struggle to get minutes next year, surely a loan would suffice with the hope it will only be one season out of Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Oh good, more posts about things being "woke". Might just be easier to bite the bullet and open up a having-a-moan-about-things-being-"woke" thread so anyone who wants to do that can just go there. 

In other news, the BBC have gone for an odd angle in confirming Havertz to Arsenal ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66002380

Or maybe open up a "having a moan about people saying 'woke' or having a different opinion" thread. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

Or maybe open up a "having a moan about people saying 'woke' or having a different opinion" thread. 

I'm at the age where I'm more worried about the "wakes" as opposed to the "wokes"!

Sorry Mods couldn't resist 😉

On transfers,  good to see we are nearly there on a striker. Looks half-useful as well to me, don't take the No.9 Jackson!

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Oh good, more posts about things being "woke". Might just be easier to bite the bullet and open up a having-a-moan-about-things-being-"woke" thread so anyone who wants to do that can just go there. 

In other news, the BBC have gone for an odd angle in confirming Havertz to Arsenal ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66002380

Pah! Lukaku got there first. 

21 minutes ago, east lower said:

I'm at the age where I'm more worried about the "wakes" as opposed to the "wokes"!

Sorry Mods couldn't resist 😉

On transfers,  good to see we are nearly there on a striker. Looks half-useful as well to me, don't take the No.9 Jackson!

He's got to go for No. 5 surely!?

• Haha 1