Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Seems like Cheeks is off to Milan

So, bar the final signs off, June isn't over and we have got rid of, and or about to get rid of:

Mendy, KK, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Ziyech and Loftus-Cheek. 

Potential / likely departures, Mount, Pulisic, CHO, PEA, Lukaku, Azpi

Possible - Chalobah, Cucurella / Maatsen

Quite the deck clearing, and a good start made at least. 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

This is getting too much…

IMG_7369.jpeg

This is part of what is driving me, and a lot of others, nuts.

What is really the story...if he doesn't want to go..I assume Chelsea don't want him to go..increase in wages offered,,, what IS the true situation?

I understand the loss of transfer fee if he hangs on another season but why so much confusion?

From personal terms at Manure agreed to something I read this am...off the top of my head.."..with personal terms not said to be an issue" ...huh?

21 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7369.jpeg

2 minutes ago, chara said:

This is part of what is driving me, and a lot of others, nuts.

What is really the story...if he doesn't want to go..I assume Chelsea don't want him to go..increase in wages offered,,, what IS the true situation?

I understand the loss of transfer fee if he hangs on another season but why so much confusion?

From personal terms at Manure agreed to something I read this am...off the top of my head.."..with personal terms not said to be an issue" ...huh?

I'm sure the situation is that he wants to be a free agent and earn a massive signing on fee. 

I'd like to think better of him but it's a stretch. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure the situation is that he wants to be a free agent and earn a massive signing on fee. 

I'm sure that can't be said for his "new" pro bono agent...

7 minutes ago, chara said:

I'm sure that can't be said for his "new" pro bono agent...

It's an hilarious statement, especially the bit about not asking to leave, it's true because he didn't ask to leave he just told them he was leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Totally agree. Imo it always, ALWAYS comes down to the dollaridoos. As I said earlier we are not in decline, we have a terrific new coach and Mase himself played 35 times last season and was crap. He is partly responsible for last year’s disaster. If he wasn’t a youth product no one would care about whether he stayed or left tbh. All just my opinion of course. 🙌🏻

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

42 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7369.jpeg

Not really a development this, is it. Never been any noise, in even the most critical briefings, that he asked to be sold or made any kind of a stink.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's getting a massive fee either way. His current contact is likely loaded with loyalty bonuses payable on a non-requested transfer. None of this screams "money" as a primary motivation. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's an hilarious statement, especially the bit about not asking to leave, it's true because he didn't ask to leave he just told them he was leaving. 

There's a clear reason that they don't ask for a transfer that is, as soon as a player formally makes a transfer request they forego their percentage of the transfer fee 

These days that's around the 10% mark. So in Mount terms of a fee of £50m that's a significant sum. Very, very few do, just the same as coaches/managers resigning - too much money lost.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not really a development this, is it. Never been any noise, in even the most critical briefings, that he asked to be sold or made any kind of a stink.

He's getting a massive fee either way. His current contact is likely loaded with loyalty bonuses payable on a non-requested transfer. None of this screams "money" as a primary motivation. 

I am at the stage where this "He said, she said" business between the two of them is starting to do my head in. 

I like Mount and I want him to stay but I honestly believe he's decided to do his utmost to get away and he surely knows if he isn't going to sign a new deal MoPo will absolutely not want him hanging around a squad getting ready for a new season with a clean slate so this nonsense about I will continue to do my best is contrived nonsense. 

Lll

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7369.jpeg

It’s a pointless and lazy post by SP
When new signing Nkunku says he has not spoken to Poch, what make it’s any different for Mason?

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I am at the stage where this "He said, she said" business between the two of them is starting to do my head in. 

I like Mount and I want him to stay but I honestly believe he's decided to do his utmost to get away and he surely knows if he isn't going to sign a new deal MoPo will absolutely not want him hanging around a squad getting ready for a new season with a clean slate so this nonsense about I will continue to do my best is contrived nonsense. 

I agree that he's decided to leave. I just don't agree it's likely to he money driven. Let's face it, he absolutely coins it in whatever he does at this point. New contract, being sold, going for free, all of it will involve earning something like £250k a week and millions in fees and bonuses. You have to ignore some pretty obvious points to decide he's just chasing money. He doesn't have to, it's coming to him no matter what! So it's something else. And he's not the only one who doesn't want to stick around ...

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Smart signing. Really surprised at the fee.

Didn't he miss almost all of last season with an injury? Might explain it.

18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I agree that he's decided to leave. I just don't agree it's likely to he money driven. Let's face it, he absolutely coins it in whatever he does at this point. New contract, being sold, going for free, all of it will involve earning something like £250k a week and millions in fees and bonuses. You have to ignore some pretty obvious points to decide he's just chasing money. He doesn't have to, it's coming to him no matter what! So it's something else. And he's not the only one who doesn't want to stick around ...

Didn't he miss almost all of last season with an injury? Might explain it.

Yeah, did his ACl I believe hut came back towards the end of the season and did OK. We ha da 40m buy back clause on him haha. 

17 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Has the potential to be the another Andy Robertson, with regards to fee and how he fits into the team. 

Absolutely could turn out into a steal for them. Newcastle building wisely for the mod tlart although I'm not a fan of the Tonali transfer. Watched him in the games against us this season and he was distinctly average. 

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7369.jpeg

The key bit here is the word "set".

So he hasn't done it. He could wake up tomorrow and think fuck it, and fuck all those bastards on the CFCNET forums.

It's rather like me saying I'm "set" to play golf tomorrow. But if I look out the window in the morning and the rain is lashing down then sod it.

17 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Please try not to be sick after viewing the below. It appears to be real.

He looks happy though bless him. Hope he doesn't get a crick in his neck next season looking up at us above them in the table.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Has the potential to be the another Andy Robertson, with regards to fee and how he fits into the team. 

He appears to have great potential. Can't blame him for recognising that Reece James was a huge obstacle for him at Chelsea, although with his injury record these past two seasons he'd have had loads of opportunities (assuming he'd have avoided the ACL injury he suffered at Southampton).

In reality, though, Trippier has been a vital player and almost ever-present at Newcastle, so he could be looking at a bench spot for some time.