Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

This is a good move for Ruben to try and expand his career at the age that he is. He'll have far more responsibility placed upon him at AC Milan, so it's up to him to now step up and make something more of himself. 

I think so too , he may finally meet his potential after years of us hoping the next season would be the one . 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think so too , he may finally meet his potential after years of us hoping the next season would be the one . 

It'll be a different experience that's for sure. 

His biggest hurdle will be the tactical nature of Italian football and if he can come to grips with it, as it's probably the area he's struggled with the most over his career IMO. If he can find his groove, he's got the physical and technical traits to do well. 

48 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It'll be a different experience that's for sure. 

His biggest hurdle will be the tactical nature of Italian football and if he can come to grips with it, as it's probably the area he's struggled with the most over his career IMO. If he can find his groove, he's got the physical and technical traits to do well. 

Give us a break. 
So long as the lad learns the basic lingo he will be ok, like other ex Chelsea Academy players. 

most of the dud these days come from the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Nah, I think this is the right move to make for both parties. 

Financially he's hard to justify keeping around for the role he'd realistically hold her

This is a good move for Ruben to try and expand his career at the age that he is. He'll have far more responsibility placed upon him at AC Milan, so it's up to him to now step up and make something more of himself. 

But t'was always thus....unlucky with a serious injury but always the nearly man and the "will it be this season'? question,

Wish him luck with a lot of good will but ultimately a disappointment.

15 minutes ago, chara said:

But t'was always thus....unlucky with a serious injury but always the nearly man and the "will it be this season'? question,

Wish him luck with a lot of good will but ultimately a disappointment.

I think you've summed up a lot of our squad with your thoughts here mate.  Just exactly how long were we supposed to wait for them to reach their "potential" ? 

Seems with a lot of them, it was always a pipe dream and they really just weren't anything like as good as they were cracked up to be (or didn't try hard enough to reach those levels). 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Give us a break. 
So long as the lad learns the basic lingo he will be ok, like other ex Chelsea Academy players. 

most of the dud these days come from the opposite direction. 

Several players who've gone over to play in Serie A have spoken about how the football is a lot more tactical and take adjustment, including Tomori.

Do yourself a favour and stick to what you know, like polishing that tin foil hat and whatever else you do outside of being a troll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I think you've summed up a lot of our squad with your thoughts here mate.  Just exactly how long were we supposed to wait for them to reach their "potential" ? 

Seems with a lot of them, it was always a pipe dream and they really just weren't anything like as good as they were cracked up to be (or didn't try hard enough to reach those levels). 

Spot on....easy enough to give examples of those who were good enough AND TRIED HARD ENOUGH TO REACH THOSE LEVELS.

SFL and Drogba come to mind...they both improved before our eyes..(and others..just examples)...Kezman as mentioned earlier was popular because he tried every game...the effort and application is appreciated by fans everywhere and although we often go into denial about a player it doesn't take long for us to suss out the "dodgers" and "Go through the motions" players.

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Not been much news on the sale of Aubameyang. Surely he's not staying?!

Last time I read anything he was hoping we'd release him on a free transfer .

I expect the board haven't stopped laughing yet to get on and sell him

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

Like CHO. Bang average.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Several players who've gone over to play in Serie A have spoken about how the football is a lot more tactical and take adjustment, including Tomori.

Do yourself a favour and stick to what you know, like polishing that tin foil hat and whatever else you do outside of being a troll.

Sorry to disappoint on the troll part,  however some of your analysis is straight out of the Barry Cryer book of comedy, and need to be highlighted / questioned accordingly.

Everyone is allowed an opinion and the freedom to question other opinions.

Edited by ROTG
Happy to wear the tin hat and get my coat as it helps keep the forum interesting and light hearted. Rather than all singing from the same hymn book

24 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

He has... but he wants to return to Barcelona. Only realistic way that happens is if we release him from his contract and he re-signs with them on a free.

For all the talk of duds today, surely Aubamayeng is near the very top of that list. I genuinely don’t know why we ever signed him and I said as much at the time.

It had disaster written all over it and if we end up releasing him for free so he can go back to Barcelona, then that just about wraps it up as one of the worst signings I’ve seen us make.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I liked Kova, I thought he was a good player, technically very  good. Output in the final third not quite good enough, but he’s been a solid player for us for the majority of his time at the club. Feels the right time to move on though as we really move into a new era and finally have the midfield rebuild we’ve been desperate for, for years.

Unfortunately, I think Pep will get more out of him than we saw at Chelsea.

…if he gets a game 🤪

23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Kova has officially left the building.

He was poor last year for us but strangely excellent for his national team , was expecting him to step up but he stepped down .

Not sad to see him go , good player though he is.

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Bogarde, anyone ?

If we’re mentioning pre Roman players then you’d have to add Robert Fleck because I’ve heard from older fans how bad he was. From my youth I can remember how bad Jokanovic and Sutton were.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

For all the talk of duds today, surely Aubamayeng is near the very top of that list. I genuinely don’t know why we ever signed him and I said as much at the time.

He was cheaper than Sarri’s Higuain adventure for 6 months “although he did help deliver the Europa cup”