Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Exactly.I wish people can see the benefits of having Mount around.I don't see a player that has an over inflated opinion of himself   or a whinger, unlike some of some of of the players we are steadily getting rid of.

I would see him as a new signing and an exciting one at that if he stays.

I'm not of the impression that anyone really wants Mount sold generally speaking. There is however an understanding that if he also doesn't want to extend his contract our hand is somewhat forced, as the financial ramifications of not selling him and watching him walk for nothing can have a knock on effect down the road given the nature of how FFP works. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Pulisic might also be off to Milan. 

Erm, I am not really sure getting rid of the majority of players is going to be a good thing.

I'll ask this, what does Pulisic offer beyond being a body? 

With a year left on his contract and certainly not deserving of a new one, selling him off is the best move we can make. 

We're also still at the very beginning of the transfer window with our focus being on outgoings, there could very well be plan in place to bring in someone else to fill the gap - ideally someone on the right as we've already got two options for the left as is. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

A few little transfer tidbits I've not seen shared yet.

This basically details how our sell-on clause will work should Newcastle sign Livramento from Southampton. 

"Chelsea’s profit-share then exists on a sliding scale — the higher the total price, the larger slice of it they receive. Correspondingly, Southampton get a smaller percentage if they agree a bigger fee."

• Hudson-Odoi is reportedly said to be drawing interest from West Ham, Brentford and Fulham. With a move to Saudi Arabia still being a possible option.
  • AC Milan are interested in Pulisic but want to play less than the €25m we're reportedly asking for - player is keen but nothing agreed between the two clubs. 
  • Mendy is in Saudi Arabia to complete his deal, everything is 100% agreed, signed and sealed. Announcement to reportedly happen soon.
  • While not move by us, it is one that may have an impact, that is of course that Arsenal have reportedly submitted an offer for Rice standing at £100m + £5m in add-on's (wild). 

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

This basically details how our sell-on clause will work should Newcastle sign Livramento from Southampton. 

"Chelsea’s profit-share then exists on a sliding scale — the higher the total price, the larger slice of it they receive. Correspondingly, Southampton get a smaller percentage if they agree a bigger fee."

• Hudson-Odoi is reportedly said to be drawing interest from West Ham, Brentford and Fulham. With a move to Saudi Arabia still being a possible option.
  • AC Milan are interested in Pulisic but want to play less than the €25m we're reportedly asking for - player is keen but nothing agreed between the two clubs. 
  • Mendy is in Saudi Arabia to complete his deal, everything is 100% agreed, signed and sealed. Announcement to reportedly happen soon.
  • While not move by us, it is one that may have an impact, that is of course that Arsenal have reportedly submitted an offer for Rice standing at £100m + £5m in add-on's (wild). 

I would love us to sign 🍚 but £100,000,000? It’s getting crazy. I wonder what his wages would be too. £300,000-£400,000 a week on say a five year deal? 

I liked Kova,  although I know many here didnt and I fear Kai will also be a success if used properly something we never did.

I hope we are not making too many bad decisions to cover up Todd's wasteful extravagances over the last year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Always liked Kovacic and always stood up for him.

Last season though I thought he was an utter disgrace, he stopped even trying whilst turning it on for his country.

When our club needed leaders he didn't just hide, he actively gave up and left. 

The picture of him, smiling in a Man City shirt, makes me want to punch him in the face.

He has tarnished his time here  and will be forever remembered as a Rat that jumped ship at the first sign of trouble. Good riddance.

Havertz is different, I have no ill feelings towards him at all. At least he always tried even when he was constantly played out of position. I will have nothing but fond memories of him, or one very fond memory if nothing else and thank him for his time here. We got very good money for him, pretty much what we paid for him when he hasn't come anywhere near to the level I and many others expected.

I think Arsenal are being a bit muggy this window. The question they should be asking themselves is what do they need to close the gap on City, remember just how close they came. To think they believe spending £175m on Declan Rice and Kai Havertz is the answer is mind boggling. They will be further behind than last season and nowhere near City.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

We really need to start blocking calls from the Milan area. 

Interested in one of their (average) players? "£80m and we won't take a penny less". 

Interested in one of your players "We cannot pay more than (generally 50% or less)"/ "We can only afford a loan, but not his full wages, and that is not negotiable".

Absolute jokers.  BLOCK!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

I hope we are not making too many bad decisions to cover up Todd's wasteful extravagances over the last year.

It’s 100% the case. 

We have become a club of kids with no leadership or experience. 

What you are witnessing is the sustainable club model Todd wanted. whether that brings success is on the pitch we are about to find out. 

Edited by ROTG

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

It’s 100% the case. 

We have become a club of kids with no leadership or experience. 

What you are witnessing is the sustainable club model Todd wanted. whether that brings success is on the pitch we are about to find out. 

I mentioned this to my mate the other day.

He burst out laughing. 

The age thing can't be disputed but it is being done, replacing older players with much, much younger ones with the view of building a team to compete in a few years time. 

The leadership thing is the thing he laughed at, asking me where all the leaders were last season. It's no coincidence that all the players we are getting rid of are the ones that SHOULD have been leaders but failed miserably.

Apparently Kepa, James, Chilwell, Fofana, Sterling especially Enzo (expect him to be named vice captain, at least) and, maybe surprisingly, Mudryk are all born leaders and there are no issues, internally with having enough leadership. The problem was the Rats we are getting rid of.

Its a funny old game.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I would love us to sign 🍚 but £100,000,000? It’s getting crazy. I wonder what his wages would be too. £300,000-£400,000 a week on say a five year deal? 

Gabriel Jesus is their top earner at around £265k pw according to Capology. Despite the transfer fee involved I'd have to imagine Arsenal would want Rice slotting in somewhere along those lines at the absolute most. Can't see them offering £300k+, nor is Rice worth that sort of figure. 

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

We really need to start blocking calls from the Milan area. 

Interested in one of their (average) players? "£80m and we won't take a penny less". 

Interested in one of your players "We cannot pay more than (generally 50% or less)"/ "We can only afford a loan, but not his full wages, and that is not negotiable".

Absolute jokers.  BLOCK!

TBF I don't blame AC Milan not wanting to match our asking price for Pulisic, I'd not want to spend money on him either. 

• Like 1

The average age thing is beginning to worry me. The players by age ( let's say experience rather than leadership):

• Silva (one more year)
  • PEA (selling?)
  • Azpi (sold)
  • Koulibahly (sold)
  • Kante (leaving)
  • Bettinelli (loan again?)
  • Mendy (sold)
  • Ziyech (sold)
  • Kovacic (sold)
  • Sterling (stay?)
  • Kepa (stay)
  • Baba Rahman (who knows or cares?)
  • RLC (sold)

At this rate, with one or two exceptions, our players will be 24 or under! Maybe the owners are targeting a gradual improvement rather than a sudden return to the top.

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I mentioned this to my mate the other day.

He burst out laughing. 

The age thing can't be disputed but it is being done, replacing older players with much, much younger ones with the view of building a team to compete in a few years time. 

The leadership thing is the thing he laughed at, asking me where all the leaders were last season. It's no coincidence that all the players we are getting rid of are the ones that SHOULD have been leaders but failed miserably.

Apparently Kepa, James, Chilwell, Fofana, Sterling especially Enzo (expect him to be named vice captain, at least) and, maybe surprisingly, Mudryk are all born leaders and there are no issues, internally with having enough leadership. The problem was the Rats we are getting rid of.

Its a funny old game.

It also seems that this core of senior players developed an inferiority complex in relation to any club from the top half of the PL.  

That's very debilitating. 

A reset was definitely needed but not necessarily all in two bloody windows. 

16 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The average age thing is beginning to worry me. The players by age ( let's say experience rather than leadership):

• Silva (one more year)
  • PEA (selling?)
  • Azpi (sold)
  • Koulibahly (sold)
  • Kante (leaving)
  • Bettinelli (loan again?)
  • Mendy (sold)
  • Ziyech (sold)
  • Kovacic (sold)
  • Sterling (stay?)
  • Kepa (stay)
  • Baba Rahman (who knows or cares?)
  • RLC (sold)

At this rate, with one or two exceptions, our players will be 24 or under! Maybe the owners are targeting a gradual improvement rather than a sudden return to the top.

I don’t mind that. Low average age and chuck in a couple of experienced players. But also you can be 24 and have played 100+ matches, easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Really? When? Who?

You're right. I am getting a bit ahead of myself. It has been widely reported that he is on his way. The club will probably let him go because he only has a year left, his book value is very small and leaving will remove his 180K wages. Fabrizio Romano said that personal terms had been agreed with Inter on a two-year contract.   

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

You're right. I am getting a bit ahead of myself. It has been widely reported that he is on his way. The club will probably let him go because he only has a year left, his book value is very small and leaving will remove his 180K wages. Fabrizio Romano said that personal terms had been agreed with Inter on a two-year contract.   

In my head, he shouldn't leave. He should stay his last year and then be offered a staff-position.

I believe he and his family are happy living in London/UK.

Edited by asvaberg

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Apparently Kepa, James, Chilwell, Fofana, Sterling especially Enzo (expect him to be named vice captain, at least) and, maybe surprisingly, Mudryk are all born leaders and there are no issues, internally with having enough leadership.

Let’s see how the leadership performs on a cold winters afternoon at places like Goodison, kenilworth road, and molineux

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Let’s see how the leadership performs on a cold winters afternoon at places like Goodison, kenilworth road, and molineux

Cosidering James, Chilwell and Sterling have spent their whole life in this country, Kepa been here for 5 years, so played a fair bit of premier league football between them,  and Mudryk is from the Ukraine, try a cold winter's afternoon at somewhere like FC Zorya Lugansk, I think they are probably used to it by now.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Cosidering James, Chilwell and Sterling have spent their whole life in this country, Kepa been here for 5 years, so played a fair bit of premier league football between them,  and Mudryk is from the Ukraine, try a cold winter's afternoon at somewhere like FC Zorya Lugansk, I think they are probably used to it by now.

And let us not forget Luca's exploits in the Arctic Circle, which should forever have dispelled the myth of the power of the English winter, or the intrinsic flakiness of Johnny Foreigner!

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RDCW said:

And let us not forget Luca's exploits in the Arctic Circle, which should forever have dispelled the myth of the power of the English winter, or the intrinsic flakiness of Johnny Foreigner!

We did lose that game 3=2 though, and then whooped their arses in the return leg in slightly more favourable conditions!

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I would love us to sign 🍚 but £100,000,000? It’s getting crazy. 

Rice is in the last year of his contract, isn’t he? How come it doesn’t affect his transfer fee, but it does affect Mount’s? I don’t get it. Rice is surely on a par with Mount in the market. Same age, profile etc. I actually prefer Mount as a player to Rice. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Rice is in the last year of his contract, isn’t he? How come it doesn’t affect his transfer fee, but it does affect Mount’s? I don’t get it. Rice is surely on a par with Mount in the market. Same age, profile etc. I actually prefer Mount as a player to Rice. 

West Ham retain the option of a further year, so technically has two years left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I could be wrong but I believe he has a one year contract extension that can be triggered by West Ham but they have agreed to let him leave in this transfer window.

Rice for £100m? Real Madrid got a bargain signing Bellingham for £85 (plus add ons).

I like Rice and I would have loved us to sign him, but I just don’t think he is a £100m player.

It’s  going to be very interesting to watch Arsenal next season, the pressure is on them and Arteta now. They came second last season and are splashing the cash this summer, so the expectation has to be to be in the title race, but I’m not sure they’re up to that, especially with CL football in the mix as well.