Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Rice for £100m? Real Madrid got a bargain signing Bellingham for £85 (plus add ons).

I like Rice and I would loved us to sign him, but I just don’t think he is a £100m player.

I think I'm odd because I don't think Bellingham is all that either , it's like the Emperors new clothes .

15 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Rice is in the last year of his contract, isn’t he? How come it doesn’t affect his transfer fee, but it does affect Mount’s? I don’t get it. Rice is surely on a par with Mount in the market. Same age, profile etc. I actually prefer Mount as a player to Rice. 

I’d like them both but here we are. 

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Cosidering James, Chilwell and Sterling have spent their whole life in this country, Kepa been here for 5 years, so played a fair bit of premier league football between them,  and Mudryk is from the Ukraine, try a cold winter's afternoon at somewhere like FC Zorya Lugansk, I think they are probably used to it by now.

You know what I mean. 
We can only wait to see how the new leadership performs when up against it e.g. going a goal down early doors against a fodder side away 😀

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You know what I mean. 
We can only wait to see how the new leadership performs when up against it e.g. going a goal down early doors against a fodder side away 😀

Absolutely, Mr Gizmo, because our so-called leaders didn’t exactly lead last term. We’re far too nice to play against.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I'm odd because I don't think Bellingham is all that either , it's like the Emperors new clothes .

Haven’t RM amortisation Bellingham over 6-7 years 

so 12m ain’t bad for him 😀

Also he will spend his first season learning from  modric and kross  

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As hugely overrated as Sancho was. 

I think Bellingham would be shown up for what he is (an ok player and nothing more than that)  if he were to play in the Premier League. He might  get away with his limitations in the slower paced, much less competitive Spanish league.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Those looking for a bit of maturity in the squad will be pleased to know we've just been linked with this chap 

larry.jpg

Ahhh...they don't make them like the great LG anymore.

I work with someone who lived near him in Nuneaton. Says he was a genuinely lovely down to earth guy who never changed a bit once he became famous.

12 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Ahhh...they don't make them like the great LG anymore.

I work with someone who lived near him in Nuneaton. Says he was a genuinely lovely down to earth guy who never changed a bit once he became famous.

I remember when he took over from Brucie on the Generation game and everyone said he would bomb but he was absolutely brilliant and arguably even better than Bruce was. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Those looking for a bit of maturity in the squad will be pleased to know we've just been linked with this chap 

larry.jpg

Borussia eyebrows Larry. They're a mess. 

• Haha 2

On 26/06/2023 at 17:42, Original 21 said:

This is getting too much…

IMG_7369.jpeg

That’s very good of him 🙄 Don’t do us any favours Mason.

He’s completely lost his likability factor for me.  Such a shame 🙁

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

That’s very good of him 🙄 Don’t do us any favours Mason.

He’s completely lost his likability factor for me.  Such a shame 🙁

Ultimately it’s his decision not to sign a new contract. Which is as good as saying he wants to leave. Now it turns out Man United are so committed to Mount joining them that they’re not willing to pay another 10m for him. I hope he takes note. The whole thing is a mess.  

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Bison said:

This is of course not true and is from a terrible source but it did make me laugh out loud so thought I'd share anyway.

I dunno, when I get into a real spring cleaning mode I stop paying close attention to exactly what I get rid of and only realise after the frenzy passes that the sofa and fridge are gone. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

CFC close to signing another Brazilian 'wonderkid' Angelo Gabriel (Santos)

Tim Vickery just said on Talksh1t that he has not pushed on, over the past season even though he has +100 first team appearances for santos, scoring 5 goals in those games 

probably another one who will not qualify for a work permit and more money wasted by TBSD. Not forgetting another moral boost for the academy players. 

Getting OG confused...where do we stand regarding confirmed..or as good as..squad makeup so far?

BobS is usually the go to guy for such details and I for one would really appreciate seeing things down in a readable way!

Bob?...or anyone..?