Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 minutes ago, RDCW said:

We are old farty friends, Jane! 🤣

Discussions in my local suffer from the presence of farty friends. Makes me grateful for this being an online community ... the only clearing of the air is from old scores being settled, rather than the landlady raising her eyebrows and flapping the door ...

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, sad to see him go and especially to those lunk heads but worse things have happened at sea , we'll get over it , I'm sure .

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

I had come to terms with it, thought I had gotten over it before it had even happened, then saw this at it's broke my heart.......

FzzSpXuWAAIw9yB.jpeg

I'd be far less bothered if I had even a modicum of faith that we'll bring decent players in.

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Most important thing now is to start getting players in. 

As soon as possible.

Indeed. It's one thing to buy players at a premium in January when you don't face as much competition but let's see how our new leadership will behave in a summer window around acquisitions. 

Side note: your contact can do one. 

Edited by DannyLB

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Most important thing now is to start getting players in. 

As soon as possible.

We have Nkunku from last year's negotiations now confirmed. 
I suspect Nicolas Jackson will be confirmed soon (possibly waiting for the calendar to roll into July - a new accounting year for FFP - before doing so) 
We're the only club seriously interested in Caicedo and the player himself prefers Chelsea over anyone else. 
We also seem to be in pole position for Gabri Veiga.
Just a new GK needed.

So Mount’s  gone. Hope the Sporting Directors are on top of all this. A lot of experience has been shown the door. Rumour is we’re going to replace him with Veiga who is 21 and valued at 34m. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-veiga-mount-man-utd-transfer-news-b1090992.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1688028851

Moving to United is a strange move for Mount. If we can get Maddison and Caiceido in for the fees received for Mason and Kai then we would arguably be in better shape in terms of players fitting formations. I know some aren't keen in Maddison but his numbers speak for themselves, and would probably accept some rotation. I know we have Nkunku but a PL experienced option available at a reasonable price would be great too.

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Moving to United is a strange move for Mount. If we can get Maddison and Caiceido in for the fees received for Mason and Kai then we would arguably be in better shape in terms of players fitting formations. I know some aren't keen in Maddison but his numbers speak for themselves, and would probably accept some rotation. I know we have Nkunku but a PL experienced option available at a reasonable price would be great too.

Maddison signed for Spurs already hasn’t he ….

Good luck to Mount. Personally, setting aside him coming through the youth set up. I can’t say I feel too disappointed in losing him. I would have liked him to stay, but I don’t think he is anywhere near as influential as made out. 
I’m more than happy to put my name against this post, but give it 7-8 months and I think the majority of Chelsea and Utd fans would rather have Nkunku, given a choice between the two. 

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

Are we actually going to be able to put a team together next season?

Roll on Saturday when hopefully Poch can tell us what’s what.

We had a bloated squad last season, and now we sell a few, we are panicking?

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

How can he be adequate when he lets in goals from way outside of the box on the regular? What team are we supposed to build to mask all of his weaknesses? It’s impossible. 

Conceded less than a goal a game. Completely fine. What wasn't fine was the goals scored 

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You don’t get a lot offering £100k per week

Sure. I guess that's why James signed a new contract on such paltry wages 

3 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Who's going to tell him?

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Maddison signed for Spurs already hasn’t he ….

Ohhh 🫣

Currently on holiday so haven't been keeping up with everything, last I heard they couldn't agree a fee

We desperately need some proven players in attacking positions

Not feeling good with all this!  The disconnection between the players and the fans could be felt more than ever this season and it now becomes clear as to who the troublemakers were.

We should be going back for João Felix with Mount and Havertz gone. He is better than both and wanted to stay!

• Like 1

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

Ohhh 🫣

Currently on holiday so haven't been keeping up with everything, last I heard they couldn't agree a fee

We desperately need some proven players in attacking positions

No worries. I been working away throughout the country all week, so I was not fully up to date and certain either 😉

1 minute ago, ShedMiddle said:

Not feeling good with all this!  The disconnection between the players and the fans could be felt more than ever this season and it now becomes clear as to who the troublemakers were.

We should be going back for João Felix with Mount and Havertz gone. He is better than both and wanted to stay!

Luxury buy Felix. Quality footballer, but came here and played like Roy of the rovers with little return. We have more pressing issues to resolve than spunking millions on Felix imo

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Luxury buy Felix. Quality footballer, but came here and played like Roy of the rovers with little return. We have more pressing issues to resolve than spunking millions on Felix imo

He has the talent to be named amongst the elite. Given the right role he would thrive and that's what we should be aiming for.