Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

15 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Ziyech is toxic and has to go.  Same for Aubameyang and Pulisic. Just get rid. 

Don't agree that Pulisic is in any way toxic.  

He's the one I'd keep to see what Poch can do with him, uninjured. 

Just now, Ham said:

Yes I do tend to agree , if we were to keep one of them it'd be him .

However he does have the same mindset as Kovacic in that he considers the national team of far more importance than the people who are paying him to be available for selection .

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

We definitely need at least one more AM, maybe two depending on what Pochettino sees in Chuck.

If we assume that Nkunku will be the main number 10 that only leaves Sterling, Mudryk and Madueke for the other AM/Wide positions.

And no striker.

And only Enzo and Gallagher in midfield.

Lots and lots of work to do so if we end up keeping Pulisic and Kepa, can't really add any more to that debate, to concentrate on the positions we REALLY need right now, as a matter of urgency, I would be ok with that.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Compared to Mendy with the ball at his feet he is like Andrea Pirlo. Granted he isnt Ederson, but he is decent with the ball at his feet.

Kepa has made just as many (if not more) mistakes and unforced errors with the ball at his feet as Mendy but the narrative is too strong at this point.

Kepa is an undersized, poor to average (at best) keeper and heading into yet another season with that joker as the #1 is a disaster no matter how people try to spin it. 

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

Kepa has made just as many (if not more) mistakes and unforced errors with the ball at his feet as Mendy but the narrative is too strong at this point.

I can remember one from Kepa at home to Liverpool.

Mendy made a string. West Ham away, Real Madrid home, Leeds away to name 3 absolute shockers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I recall many good saves and one on one saves which WOULD have been game winning saves had we actually scored. 

Yes.

How can any GK make a match winning save when your team fails to score (again) ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

We definitely need at least one more AM, maybe two depending on what Pochettino sees in Chuck.

If we assume that Nkunku will be the main number 10 that only leaves Sterling, Mudryk and Madueke for the other AM/Wide positions.

And no striker.

And only Enzo and Gallagher in midfield.

Lots and lots of work to do so if we end up keeping Pulisic and Kepa, can't really add any more to that debate, to concentrate on the positions we REALLY need right now, as a matter of urgency, I would be ok with that.

We still have the likes of Ampadu and CHO who can do a job as part of a squad. I would give them both a go over pre-season. Maybe the real CHO will make a reappearance now there is no TT to berating him from the sidelines every 5 minutes.  

just a thought. 

Its weird, I was having a pub talk with a mate of mine recently and the subject of "What is the best goal you've ever seen live" came up. 

For me, it was Di Matteo in 1998 against Arsenal at home in the Coca Cola Cup. He had a load of good goals but that and his FA Cup Final 42 second piledriver (which I wasnt looking in the right direction when he hit it and knew nothing about it until it went in, utter pandemonium,  was thrown five rows downwards, the definition of "limbs") were absolutely peak for me. Essien vs Arsenal and Barcelona were both wonderful strikes. Stanic on the opening day of the season (1999? 2000?), Lampard when we won 3-1 at Goodison,  Matic at Wembley and weirdly, Craig Burley at Oxford away in the cup in 94 stick in the mind as glorious strikes.  Oscar vs Juve was brilliant, as was Meireiles vs was it Porto or Benfica? 

What do these all (apart from the Oscar wunderstrike) have in common? 

Yep .

They were all long range strikes. 

As the great Nik Kershaw once sang; wouldn't it be good?  It feels like we almost never score goals from outside the box these days. 

I'd love it if we could get back to doing that. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Maybe the real CHO will make a reappearance now there is no TT to berating him from the sidelines every 5 minutes.  

TT must have a loud voice as CHO continued to be dreadful in Germany.

I'd be amazed if he wasn't shifted on , amazed.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

And was hardly tearing up trees before TT arrived. 

Still, whatever narrative works. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tell you what.  

let’s not just scrap the academy and leave it to the TBSD to hit the reset button every couple of years and recruit more U21’s from far away shores, to replace the existing players who hit the 23 year old mark and start asking for more than £100k per week and need to be moved on or to support the next coach. 

Just now, ROTG said:

Tell you what.  

let’s not just scrap the academy and leave it to the TBSD to hit the reset button every couple of years and recruit more U21’s from far away shores, to replace the existing players who hit the 23 year old mark and start asking for more than £100k per week and need to be moved on or to support the next coach. 

Nobody is suggesting we scrap the academy 

CHO isn't very good , regardless if he was on £100k per week or £100 , he has never been the same since his injury and he was not amazing before , merely adequate 

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

We still have the likes of Ampadu and CHO who can do a job as part of a squad. I would give them both a go over pre-season. Maybe the real CHO will make a reappearance now there is no TT to berating him from the sidelines every 5 minutes.  

just a thought. 

I've made my views on CHO perfectly clear and have done for years, whilst those used him as a stick to beat Sarri with, even though he played him more than anyone else, it was obvious that he just wasn't very good.

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Do you believe Madueke is better than CHO?

Madueke is levels above him.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Genuinely think this is patently untrue.  

I think your narrative is strong and it is leading you to believe facts you've invented. 

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I've made my views on CHO perfectly clear and have done for years, whilst those used him as a stick to beat Sarri with, even though he played him more than anyone else, it was obvious that he just wasn't very good.

Madueke is levels above him.

Levels and levels. CHO is bang average. Why do you think only Forest are going for him?

CHO is one of those players where I watched him a lot and for the life of me couldn't figure out where the hype was coming from.  We as a fanbase were desperate for him to be as good as his reputation and I just couldn't see it.  Kakuta was another one, so was Musonda.  I had such high hopes for Josh McEachran as well and he was hyped to the high heavens and didn't see that much in him either. 

I think its "The JT Effect" - the fact that one of our greatest players of all time came from the academy and was at the club since he was a kid, we tend to project wanting to see it happen again onto a lot of our youngsters. It creates a lot of pressure.

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nobody is suggesting we scrap the academy 

CHO isn't very good , regardless if he was on £100k per week or £100 , he has never been the same since his injury and he was not amazing before , merely adequate 

Pay attention.
He’s good enough for a squad place on pre-season and if he doesn’t cut the mustard, Poch can tell the club to move him on. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

What prediction? The season hasn’t started yet 🤪 Even you know that, Mr Gizmo! At least I hope you do 🫶🏻😁

Mr Door

Dr Martin1905, hear a rumour that MM was going to sign a new contract with Chelsea. 

Regards 

ROTG

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Its weird, I was having a pub talk with a mate of mine recently and the subject of "What is the best goal you've ever seen live" came up. 

For me, it was Di Matteo in 1998 against Arsenal at home in the Coca Cola Cup. He had a load of good goals but that and his FA Cup Final 42 second piledriver (which I wasnt looking in the right direction when he hit it and knew nothing about it until it went in, utter pandemonium,  was thrown five rows downwards, the definition of "limbs") were absolutely peak for me. Essien vs Arsenal and Barcelona were both wonderful strikes. Stanic on the opening day of the season (1999? 2000?), Lampard when we won 3-1 at Goodison,  Matic at Wembley and weirdly, Craig Burley at Oxford away in the cup in 94 stick in the mind as glorious strikes.  Oscar vs Juve was brilliant, as was Meireiles vs was it Porto or Benfica? 

What do these all (apart from the Oscar wunderstrike) have in common? 

Yep .

They were all long range strikes. 

As the great Nik Kershaw once sang; wouldn't it be good?  It feels like we almost never score goals from outside the box these days. 

I'd love it if we could get back to doing that. 

I wasn't there to see it, but this is up there with the best long-range strikes by a Chelsea player:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Do you believe Madueke is better than CHO?

Madueke has certainly achieved more. Regardless of what level you think the dutch league is, he has been there and performed and secured a big money move off the back of it. CHO has had a few decent games in a Chelsea shirt and a handful of decent games for Leverkusen.

In terms of their overall potential, well its hard to be to definitive either way right now and its up to both players to prove this. However, in terms of who would you want to be part of your squad right now, then realistically it clearly has to be Madueke.

He's come in at a terrible time at the club and shown great positivity and personality on and off the pitch. Think back to CHO last few Chelsea appearances and they ere the opposite of this. Head down, run 5-10 yards with the ball, cut back and pass it backwards to a teammate .....rinse and repeat. He'd lost all ×confidence and played it as safe as possible and stopped trying to go past players. Maybe TT did have an impact on this, but its still very different to what we seen from Noni in a handful of appearances last season.