Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Let's hope he likes Strasbourg then. 

If it’s true that he’s got a dodgy hip and knee, then does he think a major European club is going to sign him to a long contract on big wages? Not sure what he thinks his other options are right now. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

[SNIP]

I look at Onana and Maignan and I think both are decent keepers made to look better than they are by good and well organized defensive units in front of them. 

Is either one meaningfully better than Kepa?

[SNIP]

Both are better goalkeepers than Kepa (being bigger, they command their areas better), but are they so much better as to justify the fees involved? Both are also far better distributors of the ball than Kepa. Given the modern game where 'keepers need to be able to pass like midfielders, they're again ahead ofKepa.  But again the question is, do their potential fees justify the upgrade?  From what seems to be coming out of the club (that Poch is happy with Kepa as his number one) the answer looks like 'no'.

As an aside, it seems Man Utd are about to make a move for Onana.

Edited by Bob Singleton

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

CHO has just failed miserably in a "championship level league"

Well if he’s just come from the championship level league, it doesn’t bode well for the club having just spent £58m on a player from that league. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

You'll be pleased to hear that the 3 contact ends at midnight. 

Good riddance to the worst partner since Eva Braun's other half. 

Hopefully no respectable Chelsea fan carries a a 3 subscription! Judas looks like a decent bloke next to them. 

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

If it’s true that he’s got a dodgy hip and knee, then does he think a major European club is going to sign him to a long contract on big wages? Not sure what he thinks his other options are right now. 

Sit out his exorbitant deal he has with us? I swear the clown broke his hip on the dance floor. Absolute bellend. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He hasn't cut the mustard since his debut in 2017. Why will this pre season be any different?

Because of the level of the playing staff. It’s not like he’s up against William or Pedro.

So IMO there is nothing to be lost with CHO doing a preseason. Who knows maybe the new coach will like what he sees 

10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Sit out his exorbitant deal he has with us? I swear the clown broke his hip on the dance floor. Absolute bellend. 

I believe he is a £100k per week player. Which is in line with the clubs current salary for new recruits. 

20 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We all laugh at different people and different things, "so you either get it or you don't"

Same with football I guess.I have to admit I find some folks  views on football beyond comprehension.

so you'r right- I need to be less confrontational. 

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Azpi - £6,700,000. Superb player, wonderful servant and a great guy. Just brilliant 🤩 

As a goal keeper is topical at the moment we also got Cudicini  at a bargain price.A goal keeper that was as good as any keeper we ever had.

The bargains are out there.We just need people who can spot a top class player in the making,with first and foremost the right attitude.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

As a goal keeper is topical at the moment we also got Cudicini  at a bargain price.A goal keeper that was as good as any keeper we ever had.

The bargains are out there.We just need people who can spot a top class player in the making,with first and foremost the right attitude.

Was thinking the same - didn’t Kante cost Leicester £6m?

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Was thinking the same - didn’t Kante cost Leicester £6m?

Is there a player that we bought with a high price tag that have lived up to the fee?

These high priced individuals are killing team spirit.It's no coincidence that man u are doing a lot better since they got rid of Pogba.

The Lukaku signing was the worst thing we could have done.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Is there a player that we bought with a high price tag that have lived up to the fee?

These high priced individuals are killing team spirit.It's no coincidence that man u are doing a lot better since they got rid of Pogba.

Drog was £24m, a lot at the time. 🤪

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Maybe the high price tag is part of the cause of the problem because with large transfer figures come big wages, and that might have an impact on the rest of the dressing room. I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense expects equity, but it must be galling when a high-income player is not delivering on the pitch and is earning three times as much. Especially so went they don't seem to be putting in much effort in training or they seem to expect that others will do the every day, 'boring' stuff for them. Team games are about relationships between team members which means people working together to be the best they can be and to promote each other's success as a collective. 

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

The bargains are out there.We just need people who can spot a top class player in the making, with first and foremost the right attitude.

There is currently £400m worth at the club, about to take your aptitude test 😃