Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hopefully no respectable Chelsea fan carries a a 3 subscription! Judas looks like a decent bloke next to them. 

Cancelled mine when it kicked off. Call me petty, but I enjoyed doing it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Is there a player that we bought with a high price tag that have lived up to the fee?

Carvalho, Duff "british record at the time", Robben, Lampard, Joe Cole, Essien, Torres "scored the goal at the Camp Nou and helped win the CL", Makalelle, Hazard, Jorghino, Costa, Havertz "scored the winning goal in CL" - there are a few who cost a few bob but ulitmatley repaid their fee by delivering league titles or trophies.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Forgive me but why? Didn’t they stick with us through the Roman virtue-signalling Putin hoax?

No. No they didn't. 

Ironically they dropped us as a virtue signalling exercise. 

Trivago showed how a partnership works. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Meanwhile…

IMG_7393.jpeg

Toxic little oik. The current Saudi offer is still more than he is on now and in an easier league.

8 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hopefully no respectable Chelsea fan carries a a 3 subscription! Judas looks like a decent bloke next to them. 

I dumped mine just after Boehly bought the club. They’d also had the cheek to put the fees up during the sanctions period (insult to injury there).

I actually told my Wife about what they had done to Chelsea and that i was thinking about leaving as a result and to my surprise, she was astonished by them trying to dump the club and insisted we changed provider. We’re now paying 50-60% less each on o2

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Carvalho, Duff "british record at the time", Robben, Lampard, Joe Cole, Essien, Torres "scored the goal at the Camp Nou and helped win the CL", Makalelle, Hazard, Jorghino, Costa, Havertz "scored the winning goal in CL" - there are a few who cost a few bob but ulitmatley repaid their fee by delivering league titles or trophies.

Drogba, Willian, JFH, Ferreira, Makelele

Zola, di Matteo, Desailly were all high fees at the time

RLC and Azpi leaving on the same day. 
We go on about a mass clear out but it hurts in some ways to see players like these with over a decade at the club each walking.

It really does feel like the end of an era doesn’t it? 

….or rather, the (proper) start of a new one? 

Assuming the expected loan and sale departures do in fact depart then our huge bloated squad really looks *very* svelte indeed doesn’t it? Positively Kate Moss-esque!

Kepa, Bettinelli, Slonina, James, Gusto, Chillwell, Maatsen, Hall, W Fofana, Silva, Chalobah, Colwill, Badiashile, Enzo, Santos, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, Nkunku, Broja, Jackson. 

Of these you could really point at Kepa, James, Chillwell, Silva and Trevoh Chalobah  as “the old guard” harking back to RA days having played serious minutes in RA era first team. 

5 players. From 23! That’s it. 

Absolutely astonishing! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I should have said recently.There is a high price tag and then there are extortionate  prices.

Jesus do I need to spell everything out?

Contentious one this on the subject of successful big money buys who repaid their fee.

Torres. 

Helped us win the UEFA Cup, scored a few goals and gave his all. Never let us down apart from getting sent off against Swansea. I’d contend he did ok. Not amazing but did enough to repay his fee. If only for THAT goal against Barca and the one in the final against Benfica. 

If people say Havertz repaid his (much larger) fee because of a very important goal, then shouldn’t the same apply to ‘Nando? 

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Just keep to you usual of answering you own question

BTW most of the player all have listed were extortionate prices at the time and were paid sh1t loads of money. 

Keep up the good work

27 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I should have said recently.There is a high price tag and then there are extortionate  prices.

Don't forget Chris Garland and Bill Garner, Robert Fleck and Juan Veron 🤣😉

Edited by RDCW

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What a player.

I'm still having nightmares.

Just triggered Pizarro another Import from the German league - Fortunately he was a free transfer 😃

Edited by ROTG

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm obviously missing something.....but, what's with these 8  year deals?

Until midnight last night (when the rules changed) it was for the purposes of amortization under FFP regulations.

As of today, contracts can still be of any length (legally allowed in the territory in which the work contract is valid) but only a maximum of five years amortization is allowed. CFC just got one last long contract through yesterday. Expect all new signings announced after today to be on 5 year contracts.

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Two new young signings already today and it's only midday.

I don't know a single thing about either of them. 

Project 2030. 

This season Chelsea could be the first team to have two development squads. One playing in PL the other in PL2

I’ll get my coat in honour of the BBC playing the original The Fast Show last night 👍

Edited by ROTG

44 minutes ago, ROTG said:

This season Chelsea could be the first team to have two development squads. One playing in PL the other in PL2

I’ll get my coat in honour of the BBC playing the original The Fast Show last night 👍

That was really random, but most welcome! One of my favourite comedy shows of all time. I absolutely love Paul Whitehouse. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Seeing all these great names from the past, I wish I could get excited about anyone in our current squad 😞 

I think Nkunku could be one of those if he stays fit, Jane. I'm sure there will be some gems in our youth recruitment drive too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

I think Nkunku could be one of those if he stays fit, Jane. I'm sure there will be some gems in our youth recruitment drive too.

Nkunku is a total beast. Really looking forward to seeing what he will do for us. Reckon a front four of Pigeon Boy,Nkunku, Jackson/Broja and Mudryk/Noni could be very exciting.

6 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

Nkunku is a total beast. Really looking forward to seeing what he will do for us. Reckon a front four of Pigeon Boy,Nkunku, Jackson/Broja and Mudryk/Noni could be very exciting.

I’m quite pleased by how few people are talking about Mudryk. Feels like the pressure is off a bit now. 
I think he’s one where once he gets one he will get a load. Clearly a class act. 

I also think Nkunku gives us an option to play two up top with Jackson. When was the last time we played with two up top? Drogba & Anelka? 

Edited by Morgs
  • Agree 3